talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Anime

football forum

I've always watched anime, but since last Summer I've been watching as many as possible and it has been an interesting hobby.

So, which are your favorite?

Some of the good ones I've watched in the past 10 months:

- Attack on Titan

- Tokyo Ghoul

- Shiki

- Seven Deadly Sins

- Bungo Stray Dogs

- Is it Wrong to Try To Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

- Angel Beats! (That final episode will punch you in the gut)

- Deadman Wonderland 

- Demon Slayer

I want to try and re-watch some of the classics, like Rurouni Kenshin, Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Some of my favorites (and some are already in the list above)

• Neon-Genesis Evangelion
  • Gundam Wing : Endless Waltz / Pretty much any Mobile Suit Gundam series they have such weird political themes and couple that with characters that pilot even nicer mecha.
  • Robotech / Macross
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Princess Mononoke
  • Your Name
  • Akira
  • Ninja Scroll (The gore in this...)
  • Wolf Children
  • Code Geass
  • Haja Taisei Dangaiou (Must watch if you like mecha anime)
  • Mazinger series
  • Graveyard of the Fireflies

Lots more too just cant remember them all and put them in here. The older the anime the better they tend to be because of the way they are drawn and the themes covered. 

I don't know if it's Anime or Manga but I really enjoyed the Appleseed films, The opening sequence is just fantastic... 

Quite a lot of good animated films out there... If we are just talking Anime though I couldn't tell you which is what etc.. 

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I don't know if it's Anime or Manga but I really enjoyed the Appleseed films, The opening sequence is just fantastic... 

Quite a lot of good animated films out there... If we are just talking Anime though I couldn't tell you which is what etc.. 

Its anime too just a different creative design thats all. I saw some clips of the new Ghost in the Shell and thought it wasn't all that great because part of the joy of anime for me is not having it too lifelike which is the direction they are going in now.

On 18/06/2020 at 07:31, Mel81x said:

Some of my favorites (and some are already in the list above)

• Neon-Genesis Evangelion
  • Gundam Wing : Endless Waltz / Pretty much any Mobile Suit Gundam series they have such weird political themes and couple that with characters that pilot even nicer mecha.
  • Robotech / Macross
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Princess Mononoke
  • Your Name
  • Akira
  • Ninja Scroll (The gore in this...)
  • Wolf Children
  • Code Geass
  • Haja Taisei Dangaiou (Must watch if you like mecha anime)
  • Mazinger series
  • Graveyard of the Fireflies

Lots more too just cant remember them all and put them in here. The older the anime the better they tend to be because of the way they are drawn and the themes covered. 

If we're adding anime movies, then besides those you have named, I'll add My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away. The later being the best animated movie for me.

8 episodes in and Samurai X remains as awesome as I remembered it.

33 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Wasnt this your username once upon a time?

Yes, it was. Still is on other platforms. :P I was obsessed with the original anime back in the day. 

My exposure to Anime is only restricted to movies most of which belong to Studio Ghibli, and my favourite is Princess Mononoke. Though I have lots of love for rest of their movies.

Beyond that I have only watched Akira and loved it.

Also, Your Name the 2016 flick was a highly enjoyable romantic, anime flick.

I do want to watch Attack on Titan. Have heard good things about it.

• 2 months later...

Watched some of this shit as a kid, and in my early 20s

As a child
Dragon ball z. What a show. Power THAT SHIT UP FOR 5 EPISODES ITS ALL ABOUT THE ANTICIPATION.
Bleach. First 3 seasons I actually re watched in my 20s. Excellent arc. The rest can fuck off
Full metal alchemist brotherhood. Mad bars. Bad ending
Pokemon. Gay. I need the character to actually earn and achieve things if I'm to vicariously live through him
YuGiHo. Ehhhhh. Kid me liked it
Naruto. Rock lee vs Gara MY MAN. MY GUY. MY DUDE. I was pumped. 

As a 21 year old
Attack on titan. Not behd. lots of screaming though, shut the fuck up every so often and people would make less fun of the medium
Death Note. The first arc is great. then some shitty blonde bitch ruins things a bit, then a bunch of business men have the fycking thing. Who thought that'd be good tv? great for 10 episodes though
Psycho pass. Excellent first season imo
Full metal alchemist. Not sure which is better, this is darker and less power of friendship, but the ending of both is unsatisfying 
Tokyo Ghoul. Cool for about 2 episodes. who the fuck wants to watch a show about the GAYEST CANNIBALS POSSIBLE DRINKING COFFEE ALL THE FUCKING TIME? Not this hombre. 
Fairy Tail. Not sure how I managed to watch 2 full seasons or so of this shite, one of those so bad it's good gigs maybe, or perhaps the 1 funny joke per episode kept me going, fuck knows its what keeps Brooklyn 99 going.

14 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

As a child
Dragon ball z. What a show. Power THAT SHIT UP FOR 5 EPISODES ITS ALL ABOUT THE ANTICIPATION.

Favourite arc?

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The Frieza saga. Vegeta is like vin diesel in pitch black. Who was he gonna kill next? Nameks, bad guys, me? Who knows. 
So satisfying 

That is such a cliche answer, but tbh anyone who doesn't say Frieza is wrong. It was what the entire show lead up to til then.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Death Note. The first arc is great. then some shitty blonde bitch ruins things a bit, then a bunch of business men have the fycking thing. Who thought that'd be good tv? great for 10 episodes though

This right here is why I think Death Note is overrated because as you said, they just lose the plot from a writing perspective. Starts out so well too, shame really. 

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

This right here is why I think Death Note is overrated because as you said, they just lose the plot from a writing perspective. Starts out so well too, shame really. 

First handful of episodes are some of the best TV I've ever seen. Then it just creeps downhill 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

First handful of episodes are some of the best TV I've ever seen. Then it just creeps downhill 

Did you ever happen to watch the TV adaptation that they did for it? I believe Willem Dafoe is in it.

13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

As a child

Rewatched that a few years back for nostalgia, but Dragon Ball Kai, which cuts all the shit that wasn't in the manga and removes all the filler. Cuts over 130 episodes, it is like uncut cocaine, it is somehow 10 times better. Of course though, the fucking show started on Cheez TV when school was about to start, but then again my hometown lost Channel 10 around 2000 because lol fuck repairing the tower.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Rewatched that a few years back for nostalgia, but Dragon Ball Kai, which cuts all the shit that wasn't in the manga and removes all the filler. Cuts over 130 episodes, it is like uncut cocaine, it is somehow 10 times better. Of course though, the fucking show started on Cheez TV when school was about to start, but then again my hometown lost Channel 10 around 2000 because lol fuck repairing the tower.

I dislike how fast paced DB Kai is. The dialogue is about 100 times better in Kai than the original but I always find myself going back to the first dub. Just has a better pace.

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

I dislike how fast paced DB Kai is. The dialogue is about 100 times better in Kai than the original but I always find myself going back to the first dub. Just has a better pace.

nah, snail pace isn't my shit, besides the art was retouched and voice acting is better because they've been doing the same character for twenty years. At least in English

Archived