talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Anime

football forum

Just now, Spike said:

nah, snail pace isn't my shit, besides the art was retouched and voice acting is better because they've been doing the same character for twenty years. At least in English

The pace in the original DBZ was perfect. I'm not talking about how it took 20 episodes for Namek to explode in 5 minutes mind you, just how smoothly the dialogue went with the show itself. DBZ Kai they transition to different scenes too fast and awkwardly.

Don't really care about the art as the original wasn't the worst in that regard I had ever seen, and yeah the voice acting and dialogue in Kai pisses over the original. They added a lot of random shit in the first Funi dub as well as made a lot of mistakes (such as the over 9000 scene which is actually supposed to be 8000). This is why I love watching the original series in Spanish, because they copied the Japanese dialogue word for word.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

better soundtrack as well in kai, none of that weird psuedo-techno midi stuff, though were some great songs, I just like that orchestral ost more.

i can’t stand the snail pace but that is because i’d buy the vhs tapes with three or four episodes and nothing would happen, or i’d finally get to watch it in the morning while on holidays and nothing would happen again

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Not gonna lie I do usually skip the filler between Raditz dying and vegeta arriving, and the trip to namek. The rest is sweet tho

Yeah that was the worst part of Z. Some of the filler though I do actually like. The Ginyu force arriving to King Kai's planet to fight Yamcha, Tien and Chiatzou, or the tournament with Pikkon was cool. As you said though that stuff with the bug planet and whatnot was awful.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

better soundtrack as well in kai, none of that weird psuedo-techno midi stuff, though were some great songs, I just like that orchestral ost more.

i can’t stand the snail pace but that is because i’d buy the vhs tapes with three or four episodes and nothing would happen, or i’d finally get to watch it in the morning while on holidays and nothing would happen again

Bruce Faulconer's soundtrack was amazing in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

The pace in the original DBZ was perfect. I'm not talking about how it took 20 episodes for Namek to explode in 5 minutes mind you, just how smoothly the dialogue went with the show itself. DBZ Kai they transition to different scenes too fast and awkwardly.

Don't really care about the art as the original wasn't the worst in that regard I had ever seen, and yeah the voice acting and dialogue in Kai pisses over the original. They added a lot of random shit in the first Funi dub as well as made a lot of mistakes (such as the over 9000 scene which is actually supposed to be 8000). This is why I love watching the original series in Spanish, because they copied the Japanese dialogue word for word.

nah dude the art was mainly recoloured and sharpened, go back and check out comparisons, the original had terrible colour in early episodes

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Subscriber
On 27/07/2021 at 17:52, nudge said:

Recently started watching this. So good... Brilliant storytelling and a lot of depth.

Anime_Teaser_Visual.png

5 episodes in, and I absolutely love it.

@Mel81x have you heard of this? If yes, have you seen it? If yes, can you recommend any similar ones?

2 hours ago, nudge said:

5 episodes in, and I absolutely love it.

@Mel81x have you heard of this? If yes, have you seen it? If yes, can you recommend any similar ones?

How do you have time for anime when you're always looking at the online list? 🤔

• 8 months later...

Ranking of kings is excellent. 

Finding it difficult to watch Demon Slayer at the moment, it’s becoming extremely cringe. Zenitsu is just a fucking knob of the highest order. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Decided to watch Dragon Ball, Z and GT fully this year.

I enjoyed the first two. But both could have been cut down by some 20-40 episodes.

GT was terrible. Pan was annoying and I almost gave up watching it because of her.

Overall, I'd say it is overrated.

Archived