talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marcus Rashford

• Administrator

I know it's not a competition between footballers or any 'celebrity' and there may be many others doing their bit not in the public eye but Rashford deserves some credit for how he's taking on the government and fighting this fight for children, knowing he was in a similar position at their age too. 

:congrats:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't speak highly enough of what he's doing which is fucking annoying given he plays for them. Just a likeable chap.

And in an era where footballers are seen in a fairly negative light by the public, this is a great example to bat some of that criticism back.

They are human and despite being paid what they are, I think those that have come from tough backgrounds are actually humble enough to realise the sacrifices that were made to get them there.

Maybe this will inspire others into doing similar things to help the next generation and their aspirations and dreams.

To think, he has shown quite a few senior lads up whilst their busy snapchatting shite and posing on instagram at the ripe old age of 22.

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Can't speak highly enough of what he's doing which is fucking annoying given he plays for them. Just a likeable chap.

And in an era where footballers are seen in a fairly negative light by the public, this is a great example to bat some of that criticism back.

They are human and despite being paid what they are, I think those that have come from tough backgrounds are actually humble enough to realise the sacrifices that were made to get them there.

Maybe this will inspire others into doing similar things to help the next generation and their aspirations and dreams.

To think, he has shown quite a few senior lads up whilst their busy snapchatting shite and posing on instagram at the ripe old age of 22.

Sums up how I feel about him too.

Aside from being fairly fucking talented for a 22 year old, he's clearly got a good head on his shoulders. And he doesn't seem like the type to forget where he's from now that he's got money - which, sadly, isn't always the case. Only negative I really have to say about him is he plays for Manchester United, other than that he seems like a very likeable and grounded sort of guy... aside from being a good footballer.

And really it's more important, in the long run, to be a good person rather than a good footballer. So good for him.

• Subscriber

Can't find the tweet now but they googled 'disconnected' and found this definition...

Disconnect also means a lack of understanding or connection. So there might be a disconnect between you and your brother, or between what a politician promises to do and what she actually does. 

56 minutes ago, Stan said:

That Theresa Coffey is a right bint. What an absurd response to a great cause he's putting across. Shameful. 

The bitch voted against flats to be fit for people to live in. She's a landlord herself. I don't like her already.

• Subscriber

Massive kudos to him. He's actually made a difference backed up by his own experience when he was a kid. This is a prime example of what a footballer should be doing to give back to the communities they serve. I have a new found respect for the lad now and I hope he gets a bloody big reception from the United and Spurs fans in their match. Hopefully it makes some of the other footballers to use their privileges for the better.

Heartbreaking just thinking about it. A cause I truly believe in as well. No child should ever worry about when they will be eating next. 

Massive respect to him. It isn't just this as well. I remember a couple years ago on Chalobah's instagram story of Rashford paying for everyone's meal at dinner one night. Just a class character. 

• Subscriber

This is real though. Even pinned it the pathetic excuse of a woman. Her perspective is wrong - it's not the child's fault. Everybody deserves to have a meal so if there's reasons why they can't, we help them as a society. It's so simple.

Archived