talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marcus Rashford

• Administrator

She makes it sound like you can have 3 kids and be comfortable but never have circumstances which could change that. 

Anyway, I don't want this to detract from the real good news which is what she wants. 

Can't praise Rashford enough as to how he's gone about this in the past few days. Top class. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

This is real though. Even pinned it the pathetic excuse of a woman. Her perspective is wrong - it's not the child's fault. Everybody deserves to have a meal so if there's reasons why they can't, we help them as a society. It's so simple.

This. 

I agree to the argument of those that don't want to be responsible for others who have made poor choices, but these are children FFS. They are innocent. It's the very reason I donate to children's hospitals on occasion. 

• Subscriber

My mother gave birth to 9 of us and my young brother was born disabled, and after WWII with rationing going on in the early 50s, my old man still in the navy and away, we survived, my mother never moaned and neither did we as kids and we just got on with life, I think this Hopkins should shut her gob but she likes the controversial remarks which gets her the attention she wants and swells her bank balance. 

Rant over.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

My mother gave birth to 9 of us and my young brother was born disabled, and after WWII with rationing going on in the early 50s, my old man still in the navy and away, we survived, my mother never moaned and neither did we as kids and we just got on with life, I think this Hopkins should shut her gob but she likes the controversial remarks which gets her the attention she wants and swells her bank balance. 

Rant over.

I'll be honest, I do think that in this day and age it is irresponsible to have multiple children if you can't support them and provide them with a decent standard of living for as long as they are dependent on you. It was completely different in the past so it's not comparable to your family's situation back then, but with widespread education, easily accessible information and affordable birth control that developed countries have these days, I don't think having 9 children if you're struggling to survive is a good idea. There are different circumstances of course (e.g. unplanned pregnancies, illnesses, unexpected change in finacial standing due to things out of one's control, etc.), but I think that in general people should think hard before committing to having such large families. 

That said, I don't know who this Katie Hopkins is, but imagine being so rotten to be fine with children going hungry because "it's someone else's issue"... What a stupid heartless cow. It's not the child's fault, for fuck's sake...

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'll be honest, I do think that in this day and age it is irresponsible to have multiple children if you can't support them and provide them with a decent standard of living for as long as they are dependent on you. It was completely different in the past so it's not comparable to your family's situation back then, but with widespread education, easily accessible information and affordable birth control that developed countries have these days, I don't think having 9 children if you're struggling to survive is a good idea. There are different circumstances of course (e.g. unplanned pregnancies, illnesses, unexpected change in finacial standing due to things out of one's control, etc.), but I think that in general people should think hard before committing to having such large families. 

That said, I don't know who this Katie Hopkins is, but imagine being so rotten to be fine with children going hungry because "it's someone else's issue"... What a stupid heartless cow. It's not the child's fault, for fuck's sake...

I agree with this statement. I seem to see a correlation between income and number of kids here. The lower the income, the more kids, whereas the more wealthy, successful people are waiting longer or just not having them. It's a bit of a troubling trend for sure. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

I agree with this statement. I seem to see a correlation between income and number of kids here. The lower the income, the more kids, whereas the more wealthy, successful people are waiting longer or just not having them. It's a bit of a troubling trend for sure. 

I take it in the US deep-rooted religiousness plays some role in that as well, at least in some cases?

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I take it in the US deep-rooted religiousness plays some role in that as well, at least in some cases?

Maybe with only Catholics as they don't agree with forms of Birth Control. 

I read a study that stated that the reason is actually based on the idea of women are closing the wage gap and focusing more on their careers, and thus are deciding to have babies at a later date if at all, and that line of thinking makes more sense to me from what I see and people I've spoken to. 

In the end, its about personal responsibility.

You'd wager an educated individual who has a high paying job is more responsible vs one that isn't educated and doesn't work or has a low skilled job. 

• Subscriber

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/sep/16/katie-hopkins-applies-for-insolvency-to-avoid-bankruptcy-after-jack-monroe-twitter-costly-libel-case

Some people never learn.

Dear Katie, turn the laptop/phone off and go spend some time with your kids. Cook them a meal and cherish the moments you have with them instead of lambasting a young person for helping kids who don't get as much.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Katie Hopkins is just an attention whore who deliberately says shocking things to try to get as much media coverage as possible and then she'll defend the awful positions she puts out... I'm not sure if she actually believes in what she says... but she's certainly a bad person for airing toxic views and building a following out of it. But she's just one of those people that I think tries to have "shocking" political views to build a following to make money off people who're inclined to agree with the horrible things she says.

Having said that, people used to have shitloads of kids because they weren't sure how many of their kids would survive to adulthood. That's not so much an issue nowadays in many countries, so it is a bit irresponsible to be having huge numbers of kids. The world is fucked up and it's easy to be a shitty parent and bring another shitty person into the world, so people should be thinking long and hard before they have kids generally. Even having one kid isn't a decision to be taken lightly.

It isn't a child's fault they are born. Just because their parents fucked doesn't mean a child in a 1st world country should be starving. It is the government's job to protect it's citizens, that is why we pay taxes, and I think the government should protect the helpless from starving. 

This 'don't have a kid if you can't afford it' stuff isn't even relevant to this particular discussion. We're in the middle of a global pandemic with plenty of jobs lost already and there will loads more lost over the next few months

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

This 'don't have a kid if you can't afford it' stuff isn't even relevant to this particular discussion. We're in the middle of a global pandemic with plenty of jobs lost already and there will loads more lost over the next few months

Exactly, it's not like people have just chosen to be unemployed and suffer financial difficulties. Also, these school meals would have usually been given at term-time. Given that most schools have been closed off in the main (I know some have allowed kids to be in), you'd think that those free meals that would have been used could have just been used for the summer holidays instead. The government having to save face because they thought they could save a few quid by making children go hungry speaks volumes, to be honest.

Archived