talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [32. Spieltag] - 16-17th June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking with @nudge about the game yesterday and I agree with everyone else here that Bremen played well. In my opinion, they did well for the first 20 minutes in the first half and 20 minutes at the end of the second half. A 40 minute spell of creating chances and holding the ball is good enough to classify as a "good performance" especially against Bayern Munich. Especially since football isn't usually one team dominating from start to finish but rather going through spells of that.

Neuer was back to his 2014 self today. Sweeping out breakaways (his timing was top notch) and a few good saves such as the one on Pizarro at the end. Lewandowski broke the lines consistently and could have had more than 1 potentially. For the most part though I think a 0-1 tells the whole story.

Anyways, now the title is wrapped up, I'm hoping Singh gets a go in the last 2 games.

8 hours ago, Looneytune said:

8 titles in a row, not good for the league but huge respect to Bayern to keep their dominance alive. I hope Dortmund can hold Sancho, Hakimi and Haaland for 1 or 2 more seasons.

I am sure Haaland will stay around for a while. Sancho? I think it's 50/50 with Sancho, he is in high demand and if a club meets Dortmund's asking price for him, he will probably leave. As for Hakimi, I think he will return to his parent club Real Madrid. Dortmund are also close to signing a replacement for him, as right back Thomas Meunier is likely to join on a free transfer.

Schalke have named a very young starting lineup today.  Kutucu is 20, Boujellab is 20, Bozdogan is 19,  Becker is 23, Mckennie is 21, Kenny is 23, Kabak is 20, Miranda is 20 and Nuebel is 23. 

The biggest surprise in Frankfurt's lineup is that Hinteregger doesn't start and he is instead named on the bench.

Man, what a fantastic first half from us. Defensively solid, and we're leading the shot on goal stats 5-2 or something. Well, but it wouldn't be Fortuna if imminent disappointing wasn't on the horizon. :( 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived