talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Memphis Depay - Barca Agree Terms

football forum

News circulating that Milan and Everton have both inquired about Depay. 

Would absolutely hate to see him go, especially to Milan, but reports are saying that he won't renew his contract after it expires. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AC Milan and Everton have discovered the asking price of summer target Memphis Depay, according to a report.

The Rossoneri have been persistently linked with a move for the Netherlands international as they look to add attacking firepower ahead of the probable arrival of Ralf Rangnick as the club’s new manager.

MilanNews claimed earlier on Sunday that ‘very authoritative sources’ have confirmed Milan are following the situation of Depay closely. There is a lot of competition – including from other clubs in Italy – but the fact his deal expires in 2021 means a deal could be done cheaper than before.

According to Calciomercato.com, Depay will not renew his contract and the French club has taken note of the player’s will.

However, they do not intend to make any discounts and will demand €30million for their star forward in the upcoming transfer window, with Milan and Everton the two sides most interested at present.

• The title was changed to Memphis Depay - Milan & Everton Linked
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Memphis Depay - Barca Bound?

I´d love to see Depay staying one more season at Lyon and try to compete with PSG for the Ligue 1 title. Since Lyon is not in Europe this season, I feel they could challenge PSG but not without Depay. 

At the same time, it´s great to see a class player like Depay getting another shot at a huge club. Really good signing by Barça if confirmed. 

On 04/09/2020 at 23:40, Stan said:

That's some cheap money for decent players.

Agreed. I can't understand why we would let Gini leave for a pittance when his value has risen so greatly in his time at Anfield. Similarly for Memphis at Lyon. 

50 minutes ago, Harry said:

Agreed. I can't understand why we would let Gini leave for a pittance when his value has risen so greatly in his time at Anfield. Similarly for Memphis at Lyon. 

Gini is 29 and in the last year of his contract, there’s only so much we can expect to get.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh looks like another Fabrizio Romano, "Update: there is no update!" This guy is the king of milking transfer speculation. 

One of the most reliable out there though.

Just now, Stan said:

One of the most reliable out there though.

Oh for sure, he's clearly got a lot of reliable contacts. I do wonder if his info is drying up though because this summer he's been incredibly good at saying the same thing repeatedly. Then using different words to say them a different way. And then switching up language, but again... he's not actually said anything different. And after he's done that, then he'll go back to his original way of saying the same thing repeatedly. Over and over again.

I'm sure it's some social media marketing tactic to keep people interested in you when news isn't really happening... but fuck me, it just makes every transfer seems like some long saga.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh for sure, he's clearly got a lot of reliable contacts. I do wonder if his info is drying up though because this summer he's been incredibly good at saying the same thing repeatedly. Then using different words to say them a different way. And then switching up language, but again... he's not actually said anything different. And after he's done that, then he'll go back to his original way of saying the same thing repeatedly. Over and over again.

I'm sure it's some social media marketing tactic to keep people interested in you when news isn't really happening... but fuck me, it just makes every transfer seems like some long saga.

They probably are long sagas though?

Some transfers take a good few months and like you say, maybe there's some marketing tactics but you can't really take umbrage at that. Just the way things are at the moment (in life!). People want news. People want updates. He gives the people what they want. They lap it up!

2 hours ago, Stan said:

People want news. People want updates. He gives the people what they want. They lap it up!

People want news and updates, but when the news is "there is no new update" he's not actually giving anyone any news. But yeah, people lap it up for sure.

I guess I can't blame Fabrizio... really I blame society at large xD

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

People want news and updates, but when the news is "there is no new update" he's not actually giving anyone any news. But yeah, people lap it up for sure.

I guess I can't blame Fabrizio... really I blame society at large xD

Blame social media; the spawn of the earth.

• The title was changed to Memphis Depay - Barca Agree Terms
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Depay keeps the door open for Barcelona: We'll be in January soon

Memphis Depay hasn't ruled out a move to Barcelona in January. The forward has stayed at Lyon to see out at least half of the final year of his contract after a failed pursuit from the Catalan club in the summer. Lyon could opt to sell Depay in January, instead of keeping him for the rest of the season and losing him for free next summer.

"We'll see what happens," Depay told Dutch newspaper AD. "We'll be in January soon. We'll have to wait and see how things go. It's not that I'm definitely leaving, but there will probably be clubs [after me] soon. I'm 26 and almost a free agent, so you can expect clubs to be interested, right?"

The Dutch international also revealed how close he came to signing for Barcelona in the summer transfer window. "Everything was done, really," Depay added. "Some regulations stopped it from being completed. I was waiting for the green light, but I kept training. It's not that I had a phone in my tracksuit bottoms on the training pitch. Everything happens for a reason."

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2020/10/11/5f82fcf222601d16598b4589.html

• The topic was locked

Archived