• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Feeder Leagues In The Last Decade

football forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Spike said:

They wouldn't because the leagues are shit, ergo why Sudacas leave for Europe.

Well most are, but our league is very competitive (in the sense that many teams have a shot at the tittle, or at least that was the case for the best part of the last 15 years) and i'd say it's still top 5 in the world. And in the past it used to be much better when the best players didn't leave for Europe so young, almost all of the NT was composed of player who played here, and they were the best. And i'd advise you don't use that word mate, it's like saying wog.

36 minutes ago, Spike said:

Alfredo di Stefano played in Europe. Must be the more difficult leagues bringing up their game.

I wouldn't say the European leagues were more "difficult" to ours back then, it's hard to judge but i'd say it was on par with Europe's best leagues if not better, and like i said the best players, people like Di Stefano who was recognized as the best player ever at that time remained in the league for their whole careers and more importantly their prime, it was nothing like it is now. in fact our La Maquina team from the 40's would have probably beaten any of Europe's top teams, that was the team that created the "tiki taka" not 70's Netherlands nor Barcelona. Di Stefano and others left because of a conflict with Peron's government that wanted to put a cap to their wages, this marked the start of the continuos exodus of starlets who go to become some of the best players in the European leagues. It was economically motivated and nothing else.

Nowadays it's also mainly economically motivated as many promising players go to worse leagues just for the big bucks but in contrast with the past now Europe's top leagues are leaps ahead and the UCL is a gigantic lure as every footballer and their daughter wants to play it or even better, win it.

If the MLS gets mentioned, the Scottish Premiership should surely be mentioned. Celtic alone have produced more players for sides in the big five leagues than the entire MLS has recently.

Not to mention the likes of John McGinn, Ryan Fraser, Billy Gilmour and Andy Robertson coming from other clubs.

6 hours ago, Berserker said:

Well most are, but our league is very competitive (in the sense that many teams have a shot at the tittle, or at least that was the case for the best part of the last 15 years) and i'd say it's still top 5 in the world. And in the past it used to be much better when the best players didn't leave for Europe so young, almost all of the NT was composed of player who played here, and they were the best. And i'd advise you don't use that word mate, it's like saying wog.

I wouldn't say the European leagues were more "difficult" to ours back then, it's hard to judge but i'd say it was on par with Europe's best leagues if not better, and like i said the best players, people like Di Stefano who was recognized as the best player ever at that time remained in the league for their whole careers and more importantly their prime, it was nothing like it is now. in fact our La Maquina team from the 40's would have probably beaten any of Europe's top teams, that was the team that created the "tiki taka" not 70's Netherlands nor Barcelona. Di Stefano and others left because of a conflict with Peron's government that wanted to put a cap to their wages, this marked the start of the continuos exodus of starlets who go to become some of the best players in the European leagues. It was economically motivated and nothing else.

Nowadays it's also mainly economically motivated as many promising players go to worse leagues just for the big bucks but in contrast with the past now Europe's top leagues are leaps ahead and the UCL is a gigantic lure as every footballer and their daughter wants to play it or even better, win it.

That River side of the 1940's had a Peruvian keeper!

Archived