talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Worst Managers from the Premier League era?

football forum

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

What on  8 million a year!! No way  he has massively underachieved. 

Nonsense though to even suggest he should be on a worst managers list. Can't be bothered to have another pointless wenger debate it is getting very boring 

Egil Olsson is definitely one for me.

Completely flopped at Wimbledon. He just didn't get what the club were about and sadly, contributed heavily to their downfall.

I actually miss Old School Wimbledon. They had a lot of heart and character.

13 hours ago, Dan said:

Paul Hart surely is one of the worst. Pretty sure he was bottom two years running with different clubs.

I think he only managed Pompey for half a season when they were in freefall. Avram Grant got back to back relegations after but at the same time was respected at Pompey. Think they're both harsh shouts for the worst of all time.

14 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Roy Keane was deadful in the premier league but good in Championship.   Remi Garde was awful and Santini at Spurs. 

He kept Sunderland up in his first season. I think that alone avoids him being the worst of all time.

12 hours ago, Lucas said:

Egil Olsson is definitely one for me.

Completely flopped at Wimbledon. He just didn't get what the club were about and sadly, contributed heavily to their downfall.

I actually miss Old School Wimbledon. They had a lot of heart and character.

Hes always one of the first names i think. Him and those bloody wellies. To be fair the club were in financial freefall before that and had began the transition from The Crazy Gang to The Wombles before that. The writing was on the wall for about two years before their relegation. He didn't help the situation at all mind. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I think he only managed Pompey for half a season when they were in freefall. Avram Grant got back to back relegations after but at the same time was respected at Pompey. Think they're both harsh shouts for the worst of all time.

He kept Sunderland up in his first season. I think that alone avoids him being the worst of all time.

Hes always one of the first names i think. Him and those bloody wellies. To be fair the club were in financial freefall before that and had began the transition from The Crazy Gang to The Wombles before that. The writing was on the wall for about two years before their relegation. He didn't help the situation at all mind. 

I'm happy to be proven wrong on Hart, was just something I remember thinking at the time aged about 13 xD

Peter Reid's another I think, he was doing abysmally two years on the spin with different clubs I'm sure.

Remi Garde is a shout. Disaster. Although in his defence look at the state of Villa.

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm happy to be proven wrong on Hart, was just something I remember thinking at the time aged about 13 xD

Peter Reid's another I think, he was doing abysmally two years on the spin with different clubs I'm sure.

Remi Garde is a shout. Disaster. Although in his defence look at the state of Villa.

Sunderland and Leeds. He was one of my first footballing hates

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Laughing at this thread, some people really have been lucky as fuck to get a top flight managers job.

What about the current England manager? Paul Jewell? Roy Keane? There are far worse but just a few names.

Gareth Southgate being England manager is a new level of laughable. His CV wouldn't get him the QPR job.

Archived