talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Major Cellular Outages in the U.S.

football forum

Something massive happened today and I'm sure the conspiracy theorists are going to have a field day with this. At one point, all the major cell phone providers were having major routing issues, but Verizon and AT&T were up within an hour. 

All day Sprint and T-Mobile are saying they are working on it. Personally, I can't use my phone for calls without using WhatsApp which is fine if I'm calling my wife, but impossible for my clients to call me as its' not commonly used here like it is in Europe. 

What a pain it has been today, numerous times I have needed to call/text someone and have been unable, and that is a massive pain in the ass. 

It's  almost humorous how much this technology is relied upon today whereas 20 years ago it was still a bit of a novelty. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Eco said:

Something massive happened today and I'm sure the conspiracy theorists are going to have a field day with this. At one point, all the major cell phone providers were having major routing issues, but Verizon and AT&T were up within an hour. 

All day Sprint and T-Mobile are saying they are working on it. Personally, I can't use my phone for calls without using WhatsApp which is fine if I'm calling my wife, but impossible for my clients to call me as its' not commonly used here like it is in Europe. 

What a pain it has been today, numerous times I have needed to call/text someone and have been unable, and that is a massive pain in the ass. 

It's  almost humorous how much this technology is relied upon today whereas 20 years ago it was still a bit of a novelty. 

All our two-factor authentication modules for our client have switched off SMS provisioning and have scaled back to just the password too. Very odd that its all going down simultaneously. Not that I am complaining because having to wait for an SMS then authenticate after you've put your password in is a PITA. Secure yes, PITA also yes.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Eco said:

When we've had full-on power cuts here we lose phone signal as well and there's nothing you can do. Longest one we've had here was for about 6-10 hours after work so it was literally nothing to do apart from being like in the 1920s with a candle and a book xD. And then of course trying to ration the phone and laptop battery to make it last as long as possible.

11 hours ago, nudge said:

Aliens! 

5G!

11 hours ago, nudge said:

Aliens! 

I did laugh when I saw it trending on social media, and thought, "well, nudge did say a meteor was coming in 2020, so maybe this is the step immediately before that". 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Eco said:

I did laugh when I saw it trending on social media, and thought, "well, nudge did say a meteor was coming in 2020, so maybe this is the step immediately before that". 

Well, alien invasion comes a bit too early, but we're still on the right track!

FB_IMG_1591643189254.jpg

Archived