talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Career Debut

football forum

Have you ever had a situation where you watch a game either live or on TV that a player no one has heard of makes their career debut and has a banging game, which then goes onto a stellar career?

It never happens to me in Peru because I know most of the youth players there already. As I said in the Bayern thread, my only example really is Sarpreet Singh. I went to Wellington on holiday and attended Phoenix 1-4 Sydney. The home team were 2-0 down and Sarpreet Singh came on at the start of the second half. Me and my dad were thoroughly impressed and knew he would go far. A few more games confirmed it. He was different compared to the limited ability of the rest of the team. Turns out, that was his career debut as I found out later.

I haven't had many other experiences but my dad got to see Valderrama's debut for Magdalena live when he was living in Colombia, again nobody knew who he was, and he also got to witness Davies' debut when he was in Vancouver. (well, I'm not sure if that was Davies' "debut", but he saw him when he started at 15 years old)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Hate to break it to you buddy but he came on against Melbourne City in Feb 2017.

That 4-1 game against the Phoenix was in December 2017, playing 21 minutes.

Just now, Stan said:

Hate to break it to you buddy but he came on against Melbourne City in Feb 2017.

That 4-1 game against the Phoenix was in December 2017, playing 21 minutes.

Ah ok, you're right.

I just checked, that was his 4th game. 2nd of the season. Still pretty early if you ask me.

49 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Have you ever had a situation where you watch a game either live or on TV that a player no one has heard of makes their career debut and has a banging game, which then goes onto a stellar career?

It never happens to me in Peru because I know most of the youth players there already. As I said in the Bayern thread, my only example really is Sarpreet Singh. I went to Wellington on holiday and attended Phoenix 1-4 Sydney. The home team were 2-0 down and Sarpreet Singh came on at the start of the second half. Me and my dad were thoroughly impressed and knew he would go far. A few more games confirmed it. He was different compared to the limited ability of the rest of the team. Turns out, that was his career debut as I found out later.

I haven't had many other experiences but my dad got to see Valderrama's debut for Magdalena live when he was living in Colombia, again nobody knew who he was, and he also got to witness Davies' debut when he was in Vancouver. (well, I'm not sure if that was Davies' "debut", but he saw him when he started at 15 years old)

Honestly, you should curb your enthusiasm a bit. Playing with Bayern II, like Singh does, isn't exactly a stellar career, to be frank.

On topic, I witnessed the first match from Jörg Reeb with FC Saarbrücken, who later became a first team regular at Bayer Leverkusen, neither what I called stellar, still compared to your example.

1 hour ago, Inti Brian said:

Wayne Rooney 

I’m genuinely wanting to ask: what is the obsession with picking out any little thing that anyone says and making an example out of them? Trying to kill enthusiasm, etc. I’m not just talking me, I see it happen to a lot of people on here.

There’s so much power with the “genuine” members on here. Anyways, that’s all I’m gonna say on the matter.

I saw Harry Kane’s professional debut and first goal in the space of about a week. Could you have predicted then, at the age of 17, that he’d go on to what he has? Absolutely not. He was clearly a good player, especially given his age, but there’s nobody who could have predicted his career then. 

He was the poorest of three loan players Orient had at the time, which sounds harsh, because he was good during his stint, he was just eclipsed by Tom Carroll and Paul-Jose M’Poku, who many thought was the best of the three and would go on to be a top, top player. 

Archived