talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Python Programming

football forum

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nope, didn't even consider buying it, haha. In fact I didn't even know there was a recommended textbook until you told me now xD Definitely didn't need it for the course...

Yeah okay. It appears to be the same as the course I just did, just more in depth. I may sign up for it this upcoming week. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah okay. It appears to be the same as the course I just did, just more in depth. I may sign up for it this upcoming week. 

From what I've read, even experienced programmers have been praising the course for what it offers, so I think you're right about the depth. Let me know what you think of it, if you end up taking it!

1 hour ago, nudge said:

From what I've read, even experienced programmers have been praising the course for what it offers, so I think you're right about the depth. Let me know what you think of it, if you end up taking it!

I'm definitely taking it, it just depends on whether I start tonight or tomorrow. 

• Subscriber

Whats really interesting is the approaches two of you'll have in here. One is on the data side and other on the security side which is interesting to me because python is great for both and we only really hear of it in the data space with my work. I've been doing some reading on StackOverflow for python issues just to stay fresh as we don't really have any work in the space right now but I suppose I could just create a case for it.

10 hours ago, nudge said:

@Eco I actually got that book you mentioned earlier, 200+ pages in and I think it's really good...

The O'rielly book or the one that was recommended for the MIT course? 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

The O'rielly book or the one that was recommended for the MIT course? 

The O'Reilly one! Didn't know it had exercises too, thought it was only a reference book, so was positively surprised to see that it's more of an in depth tutorial! 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Whats really interesting is the approaches two of you'll have in here. One is on the data side and other on the security side which is interesting to me because python is great for both and we only really hear of it in the data space with my work. I've been doing some reading on StackOverflow for python issues just to stay fresh as we don't really have any work in the space right now but I suppose I could just create a case for it.

You're a software architect, right? 

• Subscriber
On 24/06/2020 at 16:34, nudge said:

You're a software architect, right? 

Yes ma'am I am which is why these reading are always nice and revisiting languages I haven't touched in years is also quite a nice refresher. 

• Subscriber

@Eco Just a heads up - JetBrains Academy is free for 6 months now, you might be interested... Heard only good things about it and the method it uses; it teaches you by combining concise theory bits with extensive practical projects/challenges. I just signed up, looks very interesting and well organised so far. 

https://www.jetbrains.com/academy/

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

@Eco Just a heads up - JetBrains Academy is free for 6 months now, you might be interested... Heard only good things about it and the method it uses; it teaches you by combining concise theory bits with extensive practical projects/challenges. I just signed up, looks very interesting and well organised so far. 

https://www.jetbrains.com/academy/

I just signed up!

I have a busy study schedule now haha

• Subscriber
On 01/07/2020 at 00:58, Eco said:

August is the SSCP (System Security Certified Professional)

December is my CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)

That is a lot of studying in a short span of time. Good luck!

9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

That is a lot of studying in a short span of time. Good luck!

Cheers.

The SSCP was supposed to be in May, but due to COVID, it was delay to August, which messed things all up.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I have just spent the last two weeks implementing something in Python and I think I now have a hugely appreciative outlook on why some companies prefer this language to others for data processing and web integrations. What took me a while in .NET was literally painless with Python.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 13/03/2021 at 14:43, nap said:

Hi guys can someone help me here?I get the same error in numbers of Happy and Sad...149761484_ScreenShot2021-03-12at09_44_09.thumb.png.9d4ef5fd60f0838c82c48444f5eb60db.png

I am sorry I didn't even see this. Still having the issue two months later? I hope not.

Archived