talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexis Sanchez's Future

With his contract expiring in 2018, does the striker's future be with Arsenal or will he be sold in the summer?

For about 3 months, he has be constantly linked with Juventus in the Italian press. Would a return to Italy be a good move for him?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I know Juve are absolutely killing it in Serie A but I think Sanchez is too good for them and could probably warrant a move to the next level of clubs - maybe go back to Barcelona or go to Bayern?

Most elite clubs would pay an arm and a leg for him!  It's not just how talented he is, but also his work rate which is any coach's dream...

His body language for a long time now spells the future and I would be incredibly (and pleasantly) surprised if he stayed.

He is wasted at a club like Arsenal which says a lot.

Wouldn't blame him for leaving. Wouldn't blame Bellerin for leaving. It's like Clichy/Nasri/Adebayor all over again (we lost them all at/around the same time, right?) We think we've moved forward from those days but it could happen again.

That would actually be the perfect move for him and would take Sevilla to the next level which is to actually compete with the best for both La Liga and the Champions League.  But only the elite clubs can afford him at this moment in time and he can literally have his pick as to where he wants to go.  Obviously he's already been at Barça so that box has already been ticked and he wouldn't want to go there and play second fiddle again...  Plus I don't think he'd go to Real Madrid with his Barcelona past so for me it's out of Juventus, Bayern or Paris Saint-Germain.

1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

Wouldn't blame him for leaving. Wouldn't blame Bellerin for leaving. It's like Clichy/Nasri/Adebayor all over again (we lost them all at/around the same time, right?) We think we've moved forward from those days but it could happen again.

But this time it's worse because we're supposed to have moved on from that period.  At that time the The Emirates payments were being blamed for top players departing.  Right now Wenger is trying to buy himself into the hearts of those Arsenal fans that have gone against him by making statements of incredible loyalty and the latest one is "I'm the man to take Arsenal to the next level".  Really?  So what have you been doing recently...  Having a rest?

We'll end up keeping lazy Özil and not being able to hold onto Alexis unless we pay him a lot more than whatever he's being offered elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

But this time it's worse because we're supposed to have moved on from that period.  At that time the The Emirates payments were being blamed for top players departing.  Right now Wenger is trying to buy himself into the hearts of those Arsenal fans that have gone against him by making statements of incredible loyalty and the latest one is "I'm the man to take Arsenal to the next level".  Really?  So what have you been doing recently...  Having a rest?

We'll end up keeping lazy Özil and not being able to hold onto Alexis unless we pay him a lot more than whatever he's being offered elsewhere.

Yep, that interview was embarrassing. He also said something like "I've been a manager for thirty years. No one doubted/questioned me before, why are they doubting/questioning me now?" Umm, the answer to that question is an easy one, Arsene. 

He feels like he's above criticism, and that's not good.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Asura said:

He should go to Sevilla if Sampaoli stays with them.... they can win something big with that team plus and Sanchez and Sampaoli

there's no way he'd go to Sevilla. With no disrespect to them, he will be aiming higher. And more to the point, Sampaoli might not be at Sevilla much longer.

13 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

there's no way he'd go to Sevilla. With no disrespect to them, he will be aiming higher. And more to the point, Sampaoli might not be at Sevilla much longer.

If Sampaoli doesn't get the Barça job this time around (because it's looking more and more likely it'll be Valverde) then he'll stay at Sevilla without a doubt.  Looking "higher" is also relative because although you're right where club names are in question and that he can move wherever he likes and take his pick.  At Sevilla with Sampaoli he would actually be in double the better position career wise than he is now where competitiveness is in quesiton.

24 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Yep, that interview was embarrassing. He also said something like "I've been a manager for thirty years. No one doubted/questioned me before, why are they doubting/questioning me now?" Umm, the answer to that question is an easy one, Arsene. 

He feels like he's above criticism, and that's not good.

That's been the case for a long time mate.  I've attended various moments where he's been interviewed in the past and he has always been arrogant and it's just that because in general he's been a "darling" of the English sports press that these things haven't been made more of.  He constantly vetoes certain themes and when you rebel in your questions and actually be so bold as to ask them, he will try and make you look stupid by diverting the question onto you.  He sees himself as a superior being and I honestly can't see why that is due to the fact he hasn't even won the Champions League.  What he has to his name many many many many managers have in England and elsewhere.

31 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

I know he will be aiming higher but that is something just I want to see.... the league will be more competitive. 

I remember an interview on Spanish radio this summer gone after Chile retained the Copa América where the guy interviewing him touched on the rumours concerning his sentiments on Arsenal and the club's ultimate ambitions and he almost ignored the question by diverting it with a different answer.  But then he did kind of answer it when pressed and he simply said; "I played at Barça with the best players in the world and one of the greatest football clubs on the planet.  I moved to further my career and play more but wanting to win trophies because that's what I want to do.  I want to be in a team where their goal is to win trophies.  But I love the Arsenal fans and the atmosphere in the Premier League is amazing".

Make of that what you will, but it's not the only report of the like with him and there are many many stories of him being really pissed off at Arsenal for various reasons.

I feel like this could be a PR move by the club to save face about dropping him and also when he eventually leaves this summer. I have to say fair play to him if it's true, it's about time someone had the balls to start calling people out, especially the manager.

5 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

Anyone reckon if Sanchez goes then Ozil will as well?

They're both going definitely. they won't sign new deals and there is no way the club will risk them going into the final year of their contracts.

Isco looks to be definitely leaving Real Madrid as he is adamant he won't sign a new contract and Real Madrid also won't risk losing him on a free the following summer which would definitely be to Barça.  He would be the PERFECT replacement for Özil.

Sevilla are probably the next club in Spain to join Real-Barça-Atlético in actually challenging for silverware, at least for a few seasons. It shouldn't surprise anyone if they start getting bigger names in their squad, although atm I still think signing someone like Sanchez is close to impossible for them.

As said above, Sanchez would be an immense addition to any squad. If he's going anywhere it should be another English club or indeed Juventus, but I think he'll stay. Wenger should go though xD It would be sad for everyone to see him stay for another season at Arsenal. Just let someone else try already ffs. Players like Sanchez would only benefit from it too.

8 minutes ago, Machado said:

Sevilla are probably the next club in Spain to join Real-Barça-Atlético in actually challenging for silverware, at least for a few seasons. It shouldn't surprise anyone if they start getting bigger names in their squad, although atm I still think signing someone like Sanchez is close to impossible for them.

As said above, Sanchez would be an immense addition to any squad. If he's going anywhere it should be another English club or indeed Juventus, but I think he'll stay. Wenger should go though xD It would be sad for everyone to see him stay for another season at Arsenal. Just let someone else try already ffs. Players like Sanchez would only benefit from it too.

The problem for Sevilla could be this summer though mate.  If as has been rumoured Monchi departs and Sampaoli goes to Barça, then that could be a massive blow for them.

He will go to Juventus or Real Madrid.   Arsenal will not get a player like Sanchez for a long time until things change fast, Sanchez is hungry and probably got sold the same shit as the fans saying about competing with the big clubs.   Arsenal have a very average playing staff and he is the only real star in that team it will be such a massive loss and it will all come back down to Arsene Wengers management.   As for Ozil he will stay at Arsenal as he has such an easy life, can do whatever he wants and gets to play 90 minutes  no matter what performance he puts in, he must be laughing so hard that its like a summer camp for him when he has worked with coaches like Mourinho who demand 110%. 

I really hope he doesn't go China. Would be such a waste of a fantastic talent. 

Given the success of his national team and the role he's played I'm slightly surprised the Madrid PR bandwagon hasn't considered marketing him as the face of South American football and replacing Benzema in the starting eleven. He's good enough to play and make an impact for them.

If Madrid are not interested and Arsenal continue to stand still I hope to see him at Bayern. He could have a similar impact to them to what Arjen Robben has had over the years.

Archived