talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pepe Set to Sign for PSG?

It's not official yet but everything seems to be settled. I hope it's not gonna be another Nemanja Vidic occasion for Inter. Pepe spent 10 whole years in Real and from now on it would be completely logical if his performances are not the same anymore. What do you think? Ηow many more good years can he play until his retirement? Is he a waste of money for Inter??

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

It's not official yet but everything seems to be settled. I hope it's not gonna be another Nemanja Vidic occasion for Inter. Pepe spent 10 whole years in Real and from now on it would be completely logical if his performances are not the same anymore. What do you think? Ηow many more good years can he play until his retirement? Is he a waste of money for Inter??

Yeah, I have heard this. Not sure if it's a good move, but our defense sucks so can it really hurt? 

I think it's a better move than Vidic. Pepe is still a decent defender but he doesn't have it in him to keep up with the top teams in spain anymore. I think you can get a solid two years out of him in Serie A if he stays fit, but last I checked he didn't commit to either Milan or Inter yet?

Thankfully Pepe isn't anywhere near the violent player he once was.  Once he packed that in he actually went on to become a brilliant defender and that was seen for Portugal in the European Championship triumph where he was majestic and possibly Portugal's best player.

I don't know if Inter are getting the best Pepe though because otherwise Florentino Pérez wouldn't have let him go I reckon.

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Pepe at his peak is superior to Vidic at his.

this

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Thankfully Pepe isn't anywhere near the violent player he once was.  Once he packed that in he actually went on to become a brilliant defender and that was seen for Portugal in the European Championship triumph where he was majestic and possibly Portugal's best player.

I don't know if Inter are getting the best Pepe though because otherwise Florentino Pérez wouldn't have let him go I reckon.

also this, i concur he became less reckless and learned how to play in a calm manner

I think Florentino knows he has younger defenders that cost less, are about as good and will only get better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

can't stand Pepe so glad Inter have dodged him. Not as good as he used to be and bit of a hot-head, got a mean streak in him. Inter would have gone down on the likeable factor for me if he had gone there. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

can't stand Pepe so glad Inter have dodged him. Not as good as he used to be and bit of a hot-head, got a mean streak in him. Inter would have gone down on the likeable factor for me if he had gone there. 

Hot head or not, our defense is absolute shambles and we need SOME help.

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

Hot head or not, our defense is absolute shambles and we need SOME help.

even so, could do better than Pepe I think. Especially now that you've got shit ton of money (not saying that throwing money about is the best way to go about business though). 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

even so, could do better than Pepe I think. Especially now that you've got shit ton of money (not saying that throwing money about is the best way to go about business though). 

Suppose so. Not sure how desirable we are at the moment with no European play this year, and an owner who fell asleep during the Europa League match.

Archived