talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tanguy Kouassi - Moving to Bayern

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

It looks like an astute signing by Bayern, as 18 year old Kouassi is a very highly rated defender. He's already scored twice in the league in 2020 for PSG and he has performed impressively for the French giants. I am not surprised that PSG are pissed off that he is joining Bayern on a free transfer.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

It looks like an astute signing by Bayern, as 18 year old Kouassi is a very highly rated defender. He's already scored twice in the league in 2020 for PSG and he has performed impressively for the French giants. I am not surprised that PSG are pissed off that he is joining Bayern on a free transfer.

What's worse is that people seem to think he won't get any game time. I'm sure he will. Boateng can't play forever and is pretty terrible now anyways. I'm sure at worst he will rotate (unless he ends up being a flop but thats radical thinking).

26 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

What's worse is that people seem to think he won't get any game time. I'm sure he will. Boateng can't play forever and is pretty terrible now anyways. I'm sure at worst he will rotate (unless he ends up being a flop but thats radical thinking).

First of all, there is no pressure on a huge club like Bayern to play an 18 year old every week. I doubt Kouassi will be first choice, but he is bound to get some playing time next season.

Bayern's defence has a lot of strength in depth, but some of their defenders have had their troubles this season. Niklas Sule has been injured for most of this season and there is every chance he won't be ready for the start of next season. Lucas Hernandez is another who has struggled with injuries this term and has been inconsistent when he has actually played. While Javi Martinez is very likely going to leave Bayern this summer.

As for Boateng, he has actually played reasonably well this season, but I think that has a lot to do with the defenders around him, Alaba, Davies and Pavard, who have helped him play to his strengths. But yeah, Boateng is not the player he was, certainly he is a much slower defender these days. I am sure that Flick will give Kouassi some playing time next season, but he has obviously been brought in with the future in mind. In two or three years time, he could be a real beast of a defender, because he has already impressed at PSG this season and you can tell that he has a lot of potential.

• The topic was locked

Archived