talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 2-1 Arsenal - Saturday 20th June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brighton haven't won a game in 2020, why do I have the feeling we will be their first? Hopefully we can be at least half decent today, interesting to see how our defence lines up considering the amount of injuries we have got. 

3 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Brighton haven't won a game in 2020, why do I have the feeling we will be their first? Hopefully we can be at least half decent today, interesting to see how our defence lines up considering the amount of injuries we have got. 

I think our defenders are still practicing social distancing

• Administrator

Oh dear this doesn't look good for Leno. Looks like he's fucked his knee after Maupay pushed him and he went to ground.

Another injury for Arsenal...

• Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

Tell you what without any fans in the stands you can really hear players scream in pain because Leno is howling.

Yeah was just gonna mention this. 

BT Sport already saying they're not gonna show replays as it's too bad to show...

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yeah was just gonna mention this. 

BT Sport already saying they're not gonna show replays as it's too bad to show...

They said that with Eduardo :(

• Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

On the replay you can see his right leg is outstretched and the landing had led to the injury. Sad to see he was having a good game too.

Yeah half a replay given!

Must have landing so badly with all his weight on the twisted knee or ankle. 

• Subscriber

And now Leno is pointing at Maupay. Even if the striker shouldn't have challenged for the ball hes within his rights to try and get there? I need to see the replay again of course.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Yeah half a replay given!

Must have landing so badly with all his weight on the twisted knee or ankle. 

I dont think anyone would want to see his leg twisting. Atleast I dont. 

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

And now Leno is pointing at Maupay. Even if the striker shouldn't have challenged for the ball hes within his rights to try and get there? I need to see the replay again of course.

Well to be fair to Leno he might not be in the most rational state of mind after nearly breaking his leg

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well to be fair to Leno he might not be in the most rational state of mind after nearly breaking his leg

I think it's from the point that if you're in that much agony, when a player comes over to see how you are the first thing Leno did was have a massive go at him. 

You're right probably not in the right state of mind and it's probably adrenaline to be honest.

Great tackle from Webster there to deny Aubameyang.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Unnecessary from Maupay. He's never getting the ball. Reminds me of Arnautovic on Debuchy a few years ago.

Honestly the opinions from arsenal fans on social media about this are laughable. It’s a freak injury and  Landing. Maupay has done nothing wrong going up and putting Leno under pressure

Hope it’s not as bad as it looks 

• The title was changed to Brighton 2-1 Arsenal - Saturday 20th June, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived