The better place to talk football.

Brighton 2-1 Arsenal - Saturday 20th June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Funny thing is though as shit as we have been over the last 15 years we have still won more than you

If that’s your benchmark then shows how far youve fallen 

• Subscriber

You need to give Arteta a while, he hasn't even had a transfer window yet has he? And what he's inherited is a complete joke. Arsenal seem to have less than a full lineup of established senior players who are all unusable or drastically underperforming aside from Aubameyang, and then a never-ending backlog of young players who show promise but simply aren't going to reach their potential when they're thrown into a basket case of a side with expectations to challenge for the top 4-6 spots in the league. Needs a complete restructure.

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You need to give Arteta a while, he hasn't even had a transfer window yet has he? And what he's inherited is a complete joke. Arsenal seem to have less than a full lineup of established senior players who are all unusable or drastically underperforming aside from Aubameyang, and then a never-ending backlog of young players who show promise but simply aren't going to reach their potential when they're thrown into a basket case of a side with expectations to challenge for the top 4-6 spots in the league. Needs a complete restructure.

Same exact thing was said about Emery. 

Im curious as to know if Arsenal fans actually see what Arteta wants in his football 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Same exact thing was said about Emery. 

Im curious as to know if Arsenal fans actually see what Arteta wants in his football 

Emery had three or four transfer windows though and was taking them backwards. He was also undermined by the whole Xhaka thing if I remember correctly which seemed to push the end of his time there a bit closer. Getting rid of Emery or Arteta doesn't solve the issues they clearly have with recruitment and letting key players run their contracts down. They need to have a big overhaul in a lot of areas that fall outside of the manager's remit. The problem is that the manager is going to have to force that change because the people currently fucking it up either aren't held to account or can't sack themselves because they're in charge. Arteta at least holds sway with the players and fans (you'd think) and having worked at Man City over the past few years will know exactly what changes need to be made throughout the club to turn into a well-oiled machine.

30 minutes ago, Storts said:

If that’s your benchmark then shows how far youve fallen 

What's funny is that you are having the best fee years of your history and you haven't won anything

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What's funny is that you are having the best fee years of your history and you haven't won anything

Hahaha so rattled.

Concentrate on your own shambles of a club. 

Just now, Storts said:

Hahaha so rattled.

Concentrate on your own shambles of a club. 

I know we're shambles. We're at your level 

• Administrator

It gets better. 

Guendouzi does come across as the kind that will give it large on a night out then run and hope the big boys back him up when someone gives its back to him. Trouble with Arsenal is that there isn't anyone like that to back him up... 

Arsenal are not doing well at all since their return to football. I suspect there might be another big clear out when the season is over. Losing to Man City is one thing, but losing to Brighton, after Arsenal had taken the lead, is something else.

23 minutes ago, Storts said:

Sign him at any cost Daniel 

That half cockney, half Spanish accent is dreamy too 

Neal is a dreamboat, feel like he’s been underused or misused at Brighton at times.

Weve not sold many players that the fans still love but Maupay is up there. Think he’d be great at Spurs

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think Guendouzi will get some kind of retrospective action and not because of the initial act but because he then caught Maupay by the neck. 

Hmm. BT Sport didn't show anything and I missed it but my dad saw he hit him on the back of the neck. 

BT Sport only showed the little dig Guendouzi did on Maupay's ribs as he ran past.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Hmm. BT Sport didn't show anything and I missed it but my dad saw he hit him on the back of the neck. 

BT Sport only showed the little dig Guendouzi did on Maupay's ribs as he ran past.

That was really nothing at all and Maupay starts to go down at that point then Guendouzi walks up to him and to me it looked like he put his hand around his neck as he pushes/lifts him.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I remember when football was played by real men. Seriously, all this uproar because a player touched another's players neck xD

Fuck me what next "he tackled me too hard ref :61_sob:

Do you like anything about football these days xD

Just now, Stan said:

Do you like anything about football these days xD

No... cant fucking stand it to be honest. I was spoilt though... i was brought up when football wasn't full of snowflakes, diving, VAR. It was a game played full throttle by men. 

Nowadays there is a fucking massive enquiry if a player slightly loses his temper. 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

No... cant fucking stand it to be honest. I was spoilt though... i was brought up when football wasn't full of snowflakes, diving, VAR. It was a game played full throttle by men. 

Nowadays there is a fucking massive enquiry if a player slightly loses his temper. 

Why do you still watch it then? 

All you do is moan about the state of the game which is fine, but just wondering why you'd persist with something you don't enjoy any more... 

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why do you still watch it then? 

All you do is moan about the state of the game which is fine, but just wondering why you'd persist with something you don't enjoy any more... 

Probably because football has been my passion for nearly 40 years mate. I hate the way its gone and what has happened to it, but like any addiction... its hard to just cut it out completely. 

I keep hoping that things will improve but anyone with eyes can see its just getting worse. Its a real shame.

• The topic was unpinned
15 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@LFCMadLad have you ever considered football has just changed? I've seen football from the 80s I would rather watch modern football

Have I ever considered football has changed?

Well that's my whole point. Of course its changed. Its now basically a non-contact sport that is littered with man and technical faults. Its being ruined by technology and people who just haven't got a clue what they're doing.

You would rather watch football now than in the 80's?

Well thats your preference mate. Personally I think its now a game for complete snowflakes that are more concerned with health and safety and making the game as rigid as humanly possible. Each to their own though pal. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Have I ever considered football has changed?

Well that's my whole point. Of course its changed. Its now basically a non-contact sport that is littered with man and technical faults. Its being ruined by technology and people who just haven't got a clue what they're doing.

You would rather watch football now than in the 80's?

Well thats your preference mate. Personally I think its now a game for complete snowflakes that are more concerned with health and safety and making the game as rigid as humanly possible. Each to their own though pal. 

Lol we are never gonna agree on this mate and we will end up having a long discussion and up agreeing to disagree so let's cut the middle part out and just agree to disagree 👍

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Lol we are never gonna agree on this mate and we will end up having a long discussion and up agreeing to disagree so let's cut the middle part out and just agree to disagree 👍

In other words you know I'm right :D

Archived