• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 2-1 Arsenal - Saturday 20th June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

No... cant fucking stand it to be honest. I was spoilt though... i was brought up when football wasn't full of snowflakes, diving, VAR. It was a game played full throttle by men. 

Nowadays there is a fucking massive enquiry if a player slightly loses his temper. 

You're thinking of rugby

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Emery had three or four transfer windows though and was taking them backwards. He was also undermined by the whole Xhaka thing if I remember correctly which seemed to push the end of his time there a bit closer. Getting rid of Emery or Arteta doesn't solve the issues they clearly have with recruitment and letting key players run their contracts down. They need to have a big overhaul in a lot of areas that fall outside of the manager's remit. The problem is that the manager is going to have to force that change because the people currently fucking it up either aren't held to account or can't sack themselves because they're in charge. Arteta at least holds sway with the players and fans (you'd think) and having worked at Man City over the past few years will know exactly what changes need to be made throughout the club to turn into a well-oiled machine.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, because you’re right... I just question if this is the right job for someone’s first job in management. Because being assistant manager at one of the best clubs in Europe with what seems like unlimited resources compared to every club in the league I think is miles away from being the manager of a big club that’s been severely mismanaged and is in need of overhaul from top to bottom. And that’s where Arsenal are at right now.

I think it’d be a hard job for even proven managers. I think it’s an incredibly tough job for Arteta’s first job in management and it’ll take a massive clear out of that squad for him to succeed.

46 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m not saying you’re wrong, because you’re right... I just question if this is the right job for someone’s first job in management. Because being assistant manager at one of the best clubs in Europe with what seems like unlimited resources compared to every club in the league I think is miles away from being the manager of a big club that’s been severely mismanaged and is in need of overhaul from top to bottom. And that’s where Arsenal are at right now.

I think it’d be a hard job for even proven managers. I think it’s an incredibly tough job for Arteta’s first job in management and it’ll take a massive clear out of that squad for him to succeed.

The worrying thing is that Arteta is not in charge of transfers so you cant even judge him on transfer windows.   So far he looks out of his depth and the same dressing room issues seem to be happening again that got Emery sacked.  

• Subscriber

It's hard to get your head around just how awful Arsenal actually are now. They are legitimately a midtable level team in a Premier League that is largely lacking in quality for me. This is no quick fix either - this is something that was inevitable due to years of poor recruitment. Is there any sign that that is going to change either? Each summer they just add further and further to their problems.

I think no Europe at all for them this season, and possibly again the season after. I'm not convinced by Arteta, but can't really put too much of it on him yet either. That squad combined with this ever seeming knack of picking up injuries is going to consign them to midtable for a while I think, and if they don't take some drastic action to fix it then they it could get even worse.

I swear if this isn't the year we avoid defeat at their place.

It's actually exhausting talking about how shit we are, don't see any way out anytime soon as well. Arteta has really not shown a whole lot so far that he is up to the job. I know he has been dealt a shit hand, but the difference between him and Emery has been minimal. 

I just want 3/4s of these losers gone this summer or whenever the fuck the window is. 

8 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

It's actually exhausting talking about how shit we are,

Maybe we should take it in shifts, You can start off and we will take over when you get tired and then you lot can come back when you have had a bit of a rest or something... How about 2 hour shifts to start and we will see how we go from there?? 

We are family on here so got to be prepared to pitch in and help each other out... 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Maybe we should take it in shifts, You can start off and we will take over when you get tired and then you lot can come back when you have had a bit of a rest or something... How about 2 hour shifts to start and we will see how we go from there?? 

We are family on here so got to be prepared to pitch in and help each other out... 

xD I think 2 hours is far to long of a shift, I could probably manage 30 minutes? 

I have to say on Guendouzi, I really like everyone cannot stand him, it's actually quite refreshing to have a player like that in the squad for once. I feel for him, too much had been put in his shoulders so early on into his Arsenal career. I do hope we can lessen the burden on him and let him grow properly, too many times have we ruined a player by running them into the ground so early in their careers. 

Also fair play to Maupay, no point getting riled by it he has every right to give it after sinking us twice. I know people thought he was malicious in the Leno challenge but for me it was just unfortunate. Was what he did necessary? Probably not. I know he has a right to go for the ball but I don't think he ever gets it so maybe should've attempted to pull out. Although if you do that challenge a 1000 times that would've happened once. 

12 hours ago, Danny said:

Let’s be honest since the 2000s yes, prior to that no

Of course it is! Look how average teams are and you have 1 team running away with it. You have the worst Arsenal and Man utd teams probably since the last 25 years, Chelsea are average also. The bottom half of the league is extremely poor with such a low points tally.   The big clubs are so badly run with marketing people running the football clubs these days.

59 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I have to say on Guendouzi, I really like everyone cannot stand him, it's actually quite refreshing to have a player like that in the squad for once. I feel for him, too much had been put in his shoulders so early on into his Arsenal career. I do hope we can lessen the burden on him and let him grow properly, too many times have we ruined a player by running them into the ground so early in their careers. 

Also fair play to Maupay, no point getting riled by it he has every right to give it after sinking us twice. I know people thought he was malicious in the Leno challenge but for me it was just unfortunate. Was what he did necessary? Probably not. I know he has a right to go for the ball but I don't think he ever gets it so maybe should've attempted to pull out. Although if you do that challenge a 1000 times that would've happened once. 

He is always the first person always to get involved. As for the others they can all fuck off we have no passion and no winners in this team. Even  Auba the only thing he has ever won was the German cup! Clearly has no winning Mentality as long as he has money for cars, just hope fucks off also simple idiot that cant even talk for 5 seconds without laughing.

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, SirBalon 69 said:

I CANNOT TAKE THIS SHIT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaar!     Im done with this club!  I hope Arsenal go bankrupt and the fucking curse of a stadium gets burnt down! :40_rage:

xD

2 hours ago, SirBalon 69 said:

Of course it is! Look how average teams are and you have 1 team running away with it. You have the worst Arsenal and Man utd teams probably since the last 25 years, Chelsea are average also. The bottom half of the league is extremely poor with such a low points tally.   The big clubs are so badly run with marketing people running the football clubs these days.

Aye but the game itself has come on leaps and bounds, you watch clips of football from the 90s and back in England and there’s a gulf in quality 

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Aye but the game itself has come on leaps and bounds, you watch clips of football from the 90s and back in England and there’s a gulf in quality 

I think footballs always moving forward because of advances in technology, sports science etc. I think if you took a decent team from the 90s a decent team from today would run circles around them. That's why I think you can only compare footballers of the same generation. 

Archived