talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 0-2 Wolves - Saturday 20th June, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 17.30

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png     VS     1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png

Match History
West Ham - 28
Draws - 14
Wolves - 21

Reverse Fixture
Wolves 2-0 West Ham

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

Lovely goal that

Traore improving his end product from pre this season makes him a terrifying player to play against. Everything you want in a winger. Speed, pace, trickery and now delivery for crosses. 

Before he'd just fail to provide and now Wolves are quality with him. 

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

Traore is a beast.

He's been wanted by several top clubs for a while. It's not that surprising given the great season that he has had. Man City and Bayern are just two of the clubs that have been heavily linked with him.

• Subscriber

I remember when West Ham signed Felipe Anderson for £40m and everyone was like "ooh he comes from Lazio he must be class also he's like an 84 on FIFA great signing" and in the same week Everton signed Richarlison for £40m and everyone was like "ooh that's a ridiculous fee what a bunch of Soggy Baguettes he's not even that good and also he's only a 77 on FIFA what are they doing". Funny how things turn out.

West Ham are in serious trouble. They offered nothing in that game. Best they could have got there was a 0-0 or an incredibly lucky 1-0 from a moment of individual brilliance from Antonio who was their only player who appeared threatening at any point. I've said it enough times but I'm saying it again, Rice is criminally overrated. Never impacts a football match, yes I understand that he's a deep-lying midfielder, not aiming to get goals and assists. What is he good at? He's one of those myth players who gets worshipped for making a decent tackle and passing the ball 5 yards to a better player who starts a seven pass combination that results in a goal and you've got the co-commentator jizzing all over the walls of the press box about how it all started because Declan Rice did the bare minimum that's expected of a professional footballer in his position. Imagine what a no-mark this lad would be if his Dad didn't come from Ireland or whatever it was.

It's been 7 years since Moyes left Everton and he's failed everywhere, apart from at West Ham last time around where they actually got some results, he morphed Arnautovic into an out and out centre forward instead of a wide player and they stayed up. They were by no means brilliant but he got the job done there. You can see why West Ham made the choice they did when it was Moyes or Pellegrini. They look stupid now though over the whole thing don't they? Although it's looking more and more like Moyes is one of those managers like Pardew and Mourinho who's essentially obsolete now because he's completely failed to move forward with the game into the era of high pressing front foot football and that his successful escape from relegation with West Ham two seasons ago was pretty heavily based on luck, Arnautovic and, although I can't remember who else was in the mix, other teams just being shitter than them.

It's weird being an Everton fan, looking slightly up the table and seeing Arsenal who are basically a slightly better and richer version of us, and then looking down the table and seeing West Ham, who are basically a slightly shitter and poorer version of us. It's uncanny seeing the common threads running through those three clubs in their ability to keep making the same mistakes again and again and somehow seeing into the future to ensure that every decision they make leaves them back at square one at the end of every two-year cycle.

• The title was changed to West Ham 0-2 Wolves - Saturday 20th June, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

West Ham are woefully mismanaged by Gold, Sullivan and Brady, though I don’t really see as much media coverage about this. There’s only so long you can tread water before you drop, though, and it looks likely that they’ll go this time around. 

One transfer window in 3-4 of spending before a few of the owners swallowing the Sky money and leaving the club feeding off scraps or appointing yes men in Moyes is all too reminiscent of Newcastle over the past ten years or so. No doubt if they go down, they’ll have the biggest attendance in the Championship and they’ll be back up in a year or two before they seek the bare minimum of survival each year, before masking it with one transfer window of significant spending. 

That Neto goal was absolutely beautiful, caught it so well.

Top post Rando, I saw someone sum it up quite well. Both of these teams are similar in terms of reputation and money spent, but Wolves are just so much better at building their club. A really good coach and players brought in to fit his system, West Ham just do things the complete opposite. I know people have their gripes with Wolves but they have been incredibly smart in every way. 

Archived