Reverse Fixture
Crystal Palace 1-0 Bournemouth

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Anyone else think this could be an absolute goal fest, against all the odds xD

Looking at how things are going in the midfield for both teams I fear we will all be disappointed.

• The title was changed to Bournemouth 0-1 (Milivojevic, 12") Crystal Palace - Saturday 20th June, 2020

Strange that it never worked out for Hodson  with England. He is clearly a good manager. Although I do feel he was let down by his players against Iceland.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Strange that it never worked out for Hodson  with England. He is clearly a good manager. Although I do feel he was let down by his players against Iceland.

Far too defensive-minded. England have/had too much offensive talent that it was a total waste to even hire him. 

Just now, Stan said:

Far too defensive-minded. England have/had too much offensive talent that it was a total waste to even hire him. 

I thought we were decent in in euro 2012 to be fair. Winning our group and loosing to Italy on penalties is the best we could have hoped for I think

• The title was changed to Bournemouth 0-2 (Ayew, 23") Crystal Palace - Saturday 20th June, 2020

I think bournemouth are almost certainly going down. Which is a shame because I like them.

Just a reminder @The Palace Fan that I said you would stay up easily when everyone said you would go down ;)

17 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Strange that it never worked out for Hodson  with England. 

Or at Liverpool. He is a manager that is good at a club that has no ambition. Put him in charge of a team with ambitions to win stuff and he turns into a turtle. 

47 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not strange at all really. Just look at his career. Mediocrity right the way through. Good at dampening expectations though

Just now, Stan said:

Ouch. Follow through looked bad for King. Cahill got the ball first though.

Would be a red if not for that 

Just now, LFCMike said:

Not strange at all really. Just look at his career. Mediocrity right the way through. Good at dampening expectations though

Not really. He has made a lot of teams better

• Administrator
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Would be a red if not for that 

Definitely. Just a normal tackle and unfortunate for King in that respect. 

Just now, Stan said:

Definitely. Just a normal tackle and unfortunate for King in that respect. 

Could have been a leg breaker though. Luckily it wasn't 

Just now, LFCMike said:

Yeah teams with no real expectations. It's no surprise he was a failure with England

Yeah but he has nearly always got the best out of those teams. Very few managers actually win trophies. England have never done that well I would have expected more from a manager at his level

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but he has nearly always got the best out of those teams. Very few managers actually win trophies. England have never done that well I would have expected more from a manager at his level

No denying he's good for teams of a certain level. Probably gets the best out of largely average players. Also makes good players look average as well though

• The topic was unpinned

Archived