• Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

They didn't on Friday! 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

They didn't on Friday! 

They have today ;)

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

As if the commentator is pinning blame on the keeper for that :dash3:

Don’t think he was? Thought he was just saying he wasn’t positioned but because he expected Stevens to clear it

I think that’s a good learning curve for Henderson if he’s trying to become an elite goalkeeper, moments like that where you need to be switched on 100% of the time and understand your positioning in relation to where the nearest goal threat is

6 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Who is the minute silence for from the crowd?

Covid 19 victims. Surprised you don't know that

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

As if the commentator is pinning blame on the keeper for that :dash3:

Missed the goal. Shouldn't he be?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Don’t think he was? Thought he was just saying he wasn’t positioned but because he expected Stevens to clear it

I think that’s a good learning curve for Henderson if he’s trying to become an elite goalkeeper, moments like that where you need to be switched on 100% of the time and understand your positioning in relation to where the nearest goal threat is

Well his positioning was fine and it's hardly like he had time to get across to the near post and cover that given it's less than a second between the mistake and the shot. 

Nothing to do with being an elite keeper or wanting to be. Incredibly harsh to pin any criticism on him in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Nah.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Just now, Stan said:

Well his positioning was fine and it's hardly like he had time to get across to the near post and cover that given it's less than a second between the mistake and the shot. 

Nothing to do with being an elite keeper or wanting to be. Incredibly harsh to pin any criticism on him in my opinion. 

Nah.

Pundits always blame the keepers. Should be more goalkeeper pundits. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

It has everything to do with him being an elite keeper though. They wouldn’t analyse it like that if it was Newcastle’s keeper because he’s not tipped to take over from De Gea at Old Trafford.

I dont think he don’t a lot wrong as it’s a mistake that will happen rarely but if you’re someone like Allison or Ederson you will watch that back and think that they could could have positioned themselves better against the attacking threat in case in the ball runs past to them

He didn’t do much wrong and most managers wouldn’t hold that against him but a world class keeper would look at his placement there and think they could do better in future if they made the same error

• The title was changed to Newcastle 3-0 Sheff Utd - Sunday 21st June, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived