talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea - Sunday 21st June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If our ambition for next season is to compete against City and Liverpool, signing Werner and Ziyech will mean nothing if a top CB isn't signed. Christensen and Rudiger are horrific and so prone to lapses in concentration. 

Bizarre starting XI but Lampard made the right substitutions.

Mount is absolutely vital for us. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If our ambition for next season is to compete against City and Liverpool, signing Werner and Ziyech will mean nothing if a top CB isn't signed. Christensen and Rudiger are horrific and so prone to lapses in concentration. 

Bizarre starting XI but Lampard made the right substitutions.

Mount is absolutely vital for us. 

I didn't notice it at the time but Christensen's defending for their goal was horrible from a centre back. Might not have been much he could do for the initial shot but to be standing watching and not even try and get in to defend or mark is shocking. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I didn't notice it at the time but Christensen's defending for their goal was horrible from a centre back. Might not have been much he could do for the initial shot but to be standing watching and not even try and get in to defend or mark is shocking. 

That, and that miscontrolled ball attempt that almost had Villa equalise in the dying minutes. Very, very prone to these mistakes and to top it off, he is partnering Rudiger, who is equally as prone. 

It's amusing seeing those blaming Kepa this season. He's had utter clowns in front of him all season. 

Rudiger and Christensen is the worst pairing we have. 

Wouldn't trust or feel comfortable with Rudiger at all and Christensen's reputation seems to be getting worse the more he plays. I still think there's a player there with Andreas but it's beginning to look like he won't reach the level that was expected of him. I imagine they were both chosen today partly because they're more comfortable on the ball than Zouma (Tomori is injured), in a game where we were going to have a lot of the possession but their use of the ball is not really worth justifying starting them given their overall performances this season.

Villa were dross and most teams are going to be taking three points off them judging by that performance today. Our worry is that individually defensively we're still suspect and although we played well today, we could have dropped points due to poor individual defending.

14 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Rudiger and Christensen is the worst pairing we have. 

Wouldn't trust or feel comfortable with Rudiger at all and Christensen's reputation seems to be getting worse the more he plays. I still think there's a player there with Andreas but it's beginning to look like he won't reach the level that was expected of him. I imagine they were both chosen today partly because they're more comfortable on the ball than Zouma (Tomori is injured), in a game where we were going to have a lot of the possession but their use of the ball is not really worth justifying starting them given their overall performances this season.

Villa were dross and most teams are going to be taking three points off them judging by that performance today. Our worry is that individually defensively we're still suspect and although we played well today, we could have dropped points due to poor individual defending.

Defensively we are all over the shop, It's been so long since I last watched us play that I actually forgot how often we would just blow it at the back... This season has proved that although we are capable of doing a good job at the back on occasions the consistency is not there for us to be any better than we currently are and until we remedy that defensive line we will always be reliant on scoring more than the opposition... 

Our new players will go a long way to improving our conversion to chances created stats but will still be no good to us if we keep leaking silly goals all the time.. 

Hard fought win but i'll take three points and a comeback against a team struggling for survival. Mount, Kante and Pulisic when he came on exceptional. The subs were top notch and we turned the game with them even tough the starting line up wasn't working. Christensen will give me brain damage at some point i am certain of it, with his partner yesterday Rudiger looking like a donkey in several occasions. Why in the hell does Lampard not see this? Our highest win rate is with Zouma and Tomori they also work the best. Christensen is fucking shocking, he was never good and just isn't suited for a physical league. We have City next and we will probably play deeper, we played a good game at the Etihad narrowly losing, and in the past years we've been poor against City. Still home fixture and we must get a result and push to secure a top four spot. We are now three behind third which is also good.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Grealish is off to United

Didn't you say last summer he was gone to Spurs for £40m and that deal was done xD

On 19/06/2020 at 06:56, True Blue said:

Think we will probably start Jorginho, Kovačić and Kante in the midfield as i doubt Gilmour will start any league games apart from Cup games. I've rad that at some point this season we won't be able to use Willian and Pedro because their contract will run out.

I hope we come out swinging, it is a priority to win here as we have City next. Also United is away to Spurs where they can potentially drop points and we can increase the gap. Good thing is we play last so more pressure on us for not to fuck it.

Both have agreed to run their contracts to the end of the season. 

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

Both have agreed to run their contracts to the end of the season. 

Seen that i guess not a bad option, since eight games to go plus a potential run to the Fa Cup if we don't go out on the weekend. 

On the game against City our record lately is pretty bad, the first game this season was pretty close hope we ca manage a result. If we win it would be massive for top four.

Archived