Draws - 74
Liverpool - 93

Reverse Fixture
Liverpool 5-2 Everton

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Seeing as we couldn't beat their under 13s with a full-strength side and our season's over and they've been waiting 2 months to get their hands on the league title, and there will be no fans at Goodison, well, you can see where I'm going with this.

Everton Twitter is usually full of absolute vitriol in the days before a derby but the apathy towards this one is so extreme that it feels like the bigger wind-up merchants among them are having to force themselves to celebrate the City win tonight because it means that they can't win the title at our place but even that would barely matter now as although it would go down in the history books as yeah we won the title in your back yard, what actually matters is having to see them going nuts in our end while our fans turn away in disgust and you wouldn't even been getting that.

I have optimism with Ancelotti and some of our young players but the rest of this season really does just feel like an inconvenience from our point of view. I can't see enough of our players being up for the remaining games at all and can easily see us finishing in the bottom half.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Seeing as we couldn't beat their under 13s with a full-strength side and our season's over and they've been waiting 2 months to get their hands on the league title, and there will be no fans at Goodison, well, you can see where I'm going with this.

Everton Twitter is usually full of absolute vitriol in the days before a derby but the apathy towards this one is so extreme that it feels like the bigger wind-up merchants among them are having to force themselves to celebrate the City win tonight because it means that they can't win the title at our place but even that would barely matter now as although it would go down in the history books as yeah we won the title in your back yard, what actually matters is having to see them going nuts in our end while our fans turn away in disgust and you wouldn't even been getting that.

I have optimism with Ancelotti and some of our young players but the rest of this season really does just feel like an inconvenience from our point of view. I can't see enough of our players being up for the remaining games at all and can easily see us finishing in the bottom half.

It will be interesting to see if home ground advantage counts for less in the next part of the season. In terms of the PPG for home teams in part 1 of season vs part 2.

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Literally couldn't give a monkeys toss about this game, or the one after.....

Your not enthusiastic about finishing the season mate?

Would you have preferred the season to be voided?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I love how everyone makes dribbling passed VVD such a big thing. Weird.

It's a standard thing across the board (not just football) to pick on someone's weakness aside from the many strengths they may have. 

Just because he may get dribbled past on a few occasions doesn't negate the fact he's still one of the best CBs in the league. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I love how everyone makes dribbling passed VVD such a big thing. Weird.

You really don't understand why? It's taking the piss out of your fans who were obsessed by his stats in that area previously. 

Just now, Stan said:

It's a standard thing across the board (not just football) to pick on someone's weakness aside from the many strengths they may have. 

Just because he may get dribbled past on a few occasions doesn't negate the fact he's still one of the best CBs in the league. 

I kind of get it from banter dickheads on Twitter but for an opposition player to come out with it like it's some kind of achievement is weird. I think him 'dribbling' passed Van Dijk was knocking the ball passed him before falling overxD maybe start making contributions against a kid Liverpool brought back from loan at Stuttgart before you start talking about better players

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

See above

Yeah but that's why. And Richarlison always come across as wanting to be in touch with fans, so I get it from him. I'm not convinced all those quotes are real mind you

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Yeah but that's why. And Richarlison always come across as wanting to be in touch with fans, so I get it from him. I'm not convinced all those quotes are real mind you

Yeah I've seen some that include something along the lines of 'everyone in England hates Liverpool' which I assume have been made up for extra effect

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I've seen some that include something along the lines of 'everyone in England hates Liverpool' which I assume have been made up for extra effect

Yeah, you'd like to think so. Who knows with the bitters though eh am I right 

• Subscriber

To be fair, it would seem weird if you want to ignore the fact that Richarlison speaks very patchy English as a second language and isn't blessed with the same vocabulary as an English player. It's more weird to me that a Liverpool fan page is tweeting quotes from Everton players who they're "norarsed abar in the slightest lad youse are irrelevant lad" :coffee:.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

To be fair, it would seem weird if you want to ignore the fact that Richarlison speaks very patchy English as a second language and isn't blessed with the same vocabulary as an English player. It's more weird to me that a Liverpool fan page is tweeting quotes from Everton players who they're "norarsed abar in the slightest lad youse are irrelevant lad" :coffee:.

It's the build up to the derby, the only time you are relevant

• Administrator

20200619_112012.jpg

I don't think whoever made this understood that a banner is meant to be short and sharp. 

This is a fucking SirBalon essay in comparison xD

Just now, Stan said:

20200619_112012.jpg

I don't think whoever made this understood that a banner is meant to be short and sharp. 

Embarrassing that. *You're as well

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMike said:

Yeah. I don't get the 4th line as well. What's that in reference to xD 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah. I don't get the 4th line as well. What's that in reference to xD 

Possibly in reference to them loving all things Manc in an attempt to wind us up. Very immature though

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That's what you get with the weird cohort of non-scouse Liverpool fans trying to prove that they're scouse by making banners like that and doing the whole "norarsed" "the Ev" and "lad lad lad kid lad" shite on every post. If your fanbase was just scouser they'd actually be essentially sound.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

20200619_112012.jpg

Fucking hell, that's awful.

It's going to be weird having a derby with absolutely no fans at all. I am looking forward to seeing us return to football, because... well we only need 6 more points to do something I've literally wanted to see my whole life.

On 19/06/2020 at 07:16, RandoEFC said:

Richarlison comes across as a very humble and down to earth lad. 

I saw the interview in which the quotes were taken out. It´s a Youtube channel dedicated to football but they try to be funny, it´s more directed to younger audiences, the interviewer, Bolivia, even wears a mask. 

I just don´t see it as provocative, he said that van Dijk is a great defender and then he laughs mentioning that he already dribbled the dutch. But it´s more like something you remember as you´re speaking, it didn´t really fell like he was trying to mock van Dijk in any way. 

on 13min40s. 

• The title was changed to Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Sunday 21st June, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived