• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Sunday 21st June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Lovren comes on we look like headless chickens....mans a liability. 

Matip getting hurt stopped Salah from coming on and brought our weakest player onto the pitch. Maybe a pivotal moment, unfortunately.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Matip getting hurt stopped Salah from coming on and brought our weakest player onto the pitch. Maybe a pivotal moment, unfortunately.

Salah could have come on at the same time as Lovren.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think we only had 1 sub left?

Nah 2 before Lovren came on but only 1 opportunity to make those 2 remaining subs.

• Subscriber

Shit match indeed. Compounded by some injuries and it just went from bad to worse. Really should have done better at the start by applying more pressure but can't be too disappointed as we could have lost if it wasn't for Alisson.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t understand these new covid rules tbh.

Shit match tbh

You can make 5 subs in total but only at 3 intervals.

It's to stop having too many stoppages if only 1 sub was made at a time.

But yes, I agree, shit match! It's become the norm for these derbies...

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t understand these new covid rules tbh.

Shit match tbh

You can make 5 substitutes but you have to make them in 3 goes or 3 goes and bring some on at half time. It's to stop time wasting.

But to the match. You didn't look great. I think man city might catch you mate :ph34r:

Very poor game. Didn’t think Klopp helped us taking Keita off, he was the one pushing forward in that midfield. Can’t wait to have Robbo back and get Joe back next to Virgil. 

• Subscriber

Agonisingly close from Davies but you could hardly have said we'd have been good value for three points there. Coleman was excellent, the rest of the back four not far behind. Pickford didn't have much to do but was solid when called upon, he needs to have a good finish to this season so a clean sheet will hopefully boost his confidence. The midfield were basically non-existent but individually they all did alright. Iwobi and Gordon didn't have any impact unfortunately. I think it's more down to us surrendering the midfield to them than the abilities of the lads we played today. Calvert-Lewin will have to take that as a learning experience as Van Dijk had him in his pocket. Richarlison is an absolute beast. With what he can offer up front in addition to the work he puts in defensively it's almost like having two players for the price of one sometimes.

We're a flawed team but that's only the third league game they haven't won this season so you've got to hope that fact gives us a notion of having some momentum going into the rest of these games.

Liverpool were clearly disrupted by injuries. I'm guessing Salah was injured if Origi came on before him. Breaking up the Salah-TAA and Mane-Robertson partnerships clearly had an impact and obviously you've then got Milner and Matip coming off injured and the water breaks giving us the respite when they were building pressure on us. Circumstances have helped us today but you'll take a point from this fixture all day looking at the respective squads.

Well that was shite, but I'm not throwing my toys  out the pram over one game after a three month layoff. Missing players didn't help, players having to go off didn't help. Keita did well, but he never seems to be  able to finish a game, so it definitely wasn't happening today.

Lovren was a fucking catastrophe. I actually think he's a lot better than he gets credit for; it's just that when he's bad, he's utterly terrible and he compounds every mistake. He was only on the pitch for about 15 minutes today, and made an absolute show of himself. Part of me thought the club wouldn't let him back in the squad given his attitude towards coronavirus.

Third 0-0 at Goodison in 3 years. For all @RandoEFC's bitching, we haven't won there since 2016. 2011 before that

Richarlison looked unplayable in moments but was almost playing too much like he was trying to prove a point. Pulled Liverpool apart a couple of times but seemed determined to do it himself.

Minamino looked really good but Liverpool looked sluggish without any effective width for most of the game - TAA looked rusty, and then there was no Andy out left to stretch Everton.

I still think one of Liverpool's biggest squad weaknesses is a lack of left-footed width beyond Robertson. But then it would be dumb to bring someone in who is so obviously going to be stuck on the bench. Don't know if Larouci would be ready for a run of games if he was needed.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived