talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [33. Spieltag] - 20th June, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Spotted the one with the German humour. Jesus, get a grip. 

Hey, I'm not the one repeating the same "joke" for over a month, but sure, let's question my "humour" instead xD 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Gets old at some point, tbh.

This goes for a LOT of people to be honest. 

I think it's fair to say we're supporting Bremen because Nudge is a likeable gal, not because of the "women's team".

• Subscriber
Just now, Mpache said:

I think it's fair to say we're supporting Bremen because Nudge is a likeable gal, not because of the "women's team".

That's not what I meant at all xD Let's move on, either way.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

That's not what I meant at all xD Let's move on, either way.

If you're likeable, people will support your team in certain situations. That's what I've learned anyways :) 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Brian throwing shade out here. Pfft.

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

If you're likeable, people will support your team in certain situations. That's what I've learned anyways :) 

I'm likeable, but you're almost always against the teams I support.:35_thinking:xD

Just now, Michael said:

I'm likeable, but you're almost always against the teams I support.:35_thinking:

You are likeable, but I didn't say I was like this firstly (though I am at times) and secondly, I disagree with a lot of the teams you rate highly. It's different. I didn't know you supported Croatia :D 

Personally I want Bremen to stay up because of Pizarro and the youngsters they've signed (like Mina). I also am selfish and want to see Bremen - Hamburg as the stakes will be extra high in that game.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Just realised I hate Universitario. 

And Napoli.

And York 9.

:ph34r:

Just now, Stan said:

Just realised I hate Universitario. 

And Napoli.

And York 9.

:ph34r:

For years you've doubted Peru's ability without seeing them mate xD

I know the World Cup changed your judgement but that was still a thing haha.

And yes I may not be likeable but I try my best ;) 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

For years you've doubted Peru's ability without seeing them mate xD

I know the World Cup changed your judgement but that was still a thing haha.

And yes I may not be likeable but I try my best ;) 

It's just a joke mate.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Are you sure it's a joke? You sure you don't fancy a 4 hour argument with Brian today?:ph34r:

Trust me I never want that xD 

11 minutes ago, Mpache said:

You are likeable, but I didn't say I was like this firstly (though I am at times) and secondly, I disagree with a lot of the teams you rate highly. It's different. I didn't know you supported Croatia :D 

Personally I want Bremen to stay up because of Pizarro and the youngsters they've signed (like Mina). I also am selfish and want to see Bremen - Hamburg as the stakes will be extra high in that game.

Well we disagree on a lot of things, but we will leave it at that. 

I like Werder as well and I didn't want them to go down. But what's even more sad, is the fact that I don't think that they will be able to hold on to their key players if they go down. I also think that if they get relegated, their players might be sold for cut prices. There are like 5 or 6 players at Werder who I rate highly, if they lose most of them, they could be stuck in the 2. Bundesliga for years.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Well we disagree on a lot of things, but we will leave it at that. 

I like Werder as well and I didn't want them to go down. But what's even more sad, is the fact that I don't think that they will be able to hold on to their key players. I also think that if they get relegated, their players might be sold for cut prices. There are like 5 or 6 players at Werder who I rate highly, if they lose most of them, they could be stuck in the 2. Bundesliga for years.

It's guaranteed we'll lose most of the first team, to be honest, there's no chance of keeping the core of the squad intact. The only one who already said he would stay is Füllkrug. Klaassen will be gone, Rashica too, Pavlenka most likely too, I can't see Augustinsson staying either. Not sure about Eggestein. Bittencourt, Selke, Toprak, Vogt will all return to their old clubs. 

Maybe a fresh start with hungry young players is not that bad though. 

GK: Kapino, Plogmann, ?
RB: Theo, ?
CB: Friedl, Veljkovic (?), Moisander, Nawrocki
LB: Agu, Beste, ?
MF: Bargfrede, Möhwald, Schmid, Mbom, Käuper, Jacobsen, Mina
LW/RW: Jojo Eggestein (?), Goller, Philipp,  ?
ST: Füllkrug, Sargent, Woltemade

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's guaranteed we'll lose most of the first team, to be honest, there's no chance of keeping the core of the squad intact. The only one who already said he would stay is Füllkrug. Klaassen will be gone, Rashica too, Pavlenka most likely too, I can't see Augustinsson staying either. Not sure about Eggestein. Bittencourt, Selke, Toprak, Vogt will all return to their old clubs. 

Maybe a fresh start with hungry young players is not that bad though. 

GK: Kapino, Plogmann, ?
RB: Theo, ?
CB: Friedl, Veljkovic (?), Moisander, Nawrocki
LB: Agu, Beste, ?
MF: Bargfrede, Möhwald, Schmid, Mbom, Käuper, Jacobsen, Mina
LW/RW: Jojo Eggestein (?), Goller, Philipp,  ?
ST: Füllkrug, Sargent, Woltemade

Yeah, Klassenn, Rashica, Pavlenka, Augustinsson are 4 of my favourite players. I also read that Rashica can leave at a cut price, if Werder get relegated, which is not a good thing. If they are to leave, then I'd prefer most of them to remain in the Bundesliga to be honest and not be sold overseas.

I also doubt that players like Fullkrug, Toprak, Bittencourt and Selke will want to be playing in the 2. Bundesliga for long. I think they might give it a season if Werder are lucky, but I don't think they will be willing to play more than a season in the 2. Bundesliga. 

If Werder do go down, hopefully they come straight back up next season, while they still have some decent players. Because the longer you stay in the 2. Bundesliga, the harder it seems it is to get promoted from it.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, Klassenn, Rashica, Pavlenka, Augustinsson are 4 of my favourite players. I also read that Rashica can leave at a cut price, if Werder get relegated, which is not a good thing. If they are to leave, then I'd prefer most of them to remain in the Bundesliga to be honest and not be sold overseas.

I also doubt that players like Fullkrug, Toprak, Bittencourt and Selke will want to be playing in the 2. Bundesliga for long. I think they might give it a season if Werder are lucky, but I don't think they will be willing to play more than a season in the 2. Bundesliga. 

If Werder do go down, hopefully they come straight back up next season, while they still have some decent players. Because the longer you stay in the 2. Bundesliga, the harder it seems it is to get promoted from it.

Toprak, Bittencourt and Selke will all be gone at the end of this season as we only have to buy them if we stay up. If we get relegated, their contracts end automatically and the must-buy clauses become invalid so they return to their clubs. Which is good, as with the exception of Bittencourt, I don't want to spend relatively high transfer fees and high wages on players who either spent most of the season injured or were disappointing and didn't help our cause at all. 

I believe Füllkrug will stay, he said that numerous times in his recent interviews and as someone who spent years in our academy since he was 13, he is one of the few players who can truly identify with the club, I believe. Even if it's just for a season or two, it would still be a massive boost for us. 

I do agree that we're going to struggle if we get relegated, mostly due to financial reasons, and failure to come back straight up might as well set us on the same downwards path of many other once-famous traditional clubs now in the lower tiers of German football.

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Toprak, Bittencourt and Selke will all be gone at the end of this season as we only have to buy them if we stay up. If we get relegated, their contracts end automatically and the must-buy clauses become invalid so they return to their clubs. Which is good, as with the exception of Bittencourt, I don't want to spend relatively high transfer fees and high wages on players who either spent most of the season injured or were disappointing and didn't help our cause at all. 

I believe Fülkrug will stay, he said that numerous times in his recent interviews and as someone who spent years in our academy since he was 13, he is one of the few players who can truly identify with the club, I believe. Even if it's just for a season or two, it would still be a massive boost for us. 

I do agree that we're going to struggle if we get relegated, mostly due to financial reasons, and failure to come back straight up might as well set us on the same downwards path of many other once-famous traditional clubs now in the lower tiers of German football.

I see, yes those 3 would demand reasonably big transfer fees(well for what Werder can afford). Fuelkrug staying is a huge boost, because he has mostly done well when he has played this season, certainly his commitment can't really be questioned. 

I have always really been a fan of Pavlenka and it would be a shame if he left, as he was awesome once again today. However, Kapino is also a very decent keeper. He's already been at a World Cup with Greece, yet he is still only 26. So I think that he should do a decent job between the sticks if indeed Pavlenka leaves. Also I think that Woltemade looks a talented young player and maybe the 2. Bundesliga could be the perfect platform for him to display his skills and develop as a young player.

All in all though, it will be sad if Werder go down. I always prefer the big clubs to remain in the top division as they usually attract the best foreign players and hence improve the level of the Bundesliga. Werder have had a lot of trouble with injuries this season, as we all know and that hasn't helped their cause. But they do also have quite a few mediocre players in their team, which I think in many ways has also cost them this season.

Well I think that we should wait for next week, as Werder still have a slight chance of staying up. After everything is confirmed, then we can truly analyse what the future might hold.

Best of luck next week against Koln and I am sure you will also be hoping that Dusseldorf come unstuck in the German capital. Anything is possible in the Bundesliga, however unlikely it may seem right now. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Well I think that we should wait for next week, as Werder still have a slight chance of staying up. After everything is confirmed, then we can truly analyse what the future might hold.

Best of luck next week against Koln and I am sure you will also be hoping that Dusseldorf come unstuck in the German capital. Anything is possible in the Bundesliga, however unlikely it may seem right now. 

Shame that atmospheric stadium is going to be empty next week!:ph34r:

But no doubt you are going to be Union Berlin's biggest fan next week!xD

If Union do win and Werder win, this could be the start of a long term relationship between the clubs haha.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Michael said:

Shame that atmospheric stadium is going to be empty next week!:ph34r:

But no doubt you are going to be Union Berlin's biggest fan next week!xD

If Union do win and Werder win, this could be the start of a long term relationship between the clubs haha.

To be fair, outside of Werder, Union are probably my favourite club currently in the league anyway, so that would be very nice xD But yeah, I will spend the next week singing Eisern Union, just in case xD 

To be fair, outside of Werder, Union are probably my favourite club currently in the league anyway, so that would be very nice xD But yeah, I will spend the next week singing Eisern Union, just in case xD 

Union are a great club. Absolutely centered around the fans, and the fans repay the club with great support and blood. 

Yeah you seem to have a funny relationship with the Berlin clubs, as you seem to hate the lovely Red Bull owned club:ph34r:, yet you like Union.xD Well Union could give you further reason to be an even bigger fan of theirs if they deliver the win next week. Union are a fairytale club if you look at what they've been through. Lets hope that Union create another fairytale come next Saturday ey. ;)

• The topic was unpinned

Archived