• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Reggae, Ska, Rocksteady

football forum

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

Anyone else a fan? Dusted off a Trojan Records boxset today, and it sent me well down the nostalgic rabbit hole xD 

Not a massive fan but do like some of it like the Specials for example... 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Not a massive fan but do like some of it like the Specials for example... 

Used to listen to it A LOT in my teens and early 20s, even had a friend who was an aspiring artist to handpaint me a huge Bob Marley poster which I then hung in my bedroom :DSomehow grew out of it afterwards and havent't really listened to it for years, until yesterday.  Good stuff...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
21 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Not sure if this qualifies, but i did enjoy Nas and Damien Marley's work.

Distant Relatives is one of my favourite albums of all time. A masterpiece.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Distant Relatives is one of my favourite albums of all time. A masterpiece.

Yessss Nudgey, love it, not sure why but that surprises me.

When i'm with friends and we have music on, i always put it on and they don't like it. I absolutely love it. Nas is without doubt one of the rap goats. What an album, what a collaboration. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

Yessss Nudgey, love it, not sure why but that surprises me.

When i'm with friends and we have music on, i put it on and they don't like it. I absolutely love it. Nas is without doubt one of the rap goats. What an album, what a collaboration. 

I have quite an eclectic music taste, to be fair. Same as with food and other experiences in life, the more variety, the better! :D 

• Subscriber
Just now, nudge said:

I have quite an eclectic music taste, to be fair. Same as with food and other experiences in life, the more variety, the better! :D 

I'm the same tbf, very random.

I was playing it last weekend when i was at the private room i go to, and was so disappointed, i was being stereotypical, but i have a mate who loves his cannabis as much as i love a drink. And i said i bet you'll like this to chill to...  he looked at me like.... mate this is shit. xD :cardY:

Such a great album, very surprised it's not regarded higher by many. However I'm that way out, that it just makes me like it more.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I'm the same tbf, very random.

I was playing it last weekend when i was at the private room i go to, and was so disappointed, i was being stereotypical, but i have a mate who loves his cannabis as much as i love a drink. And i said i bet you'll like this to chill to...  he looked at me like.... mate this is shit. xD :cardY:

Such a great album, very surprised it's not regarded higher by many. However I'm that way out, that it just makes me like it more.

I had a similar experience once when I put Bob Marley on during a small get-together of close friends, when we were all just chilling in the garden with some beers and BBQ. They looked at me as if I were some kind of an alien xD 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I had a similar experience once when I put Bob Marley on during a small get-together of close friends, when we were all just chilling in the garden with some beers and BBQ. They looked at me as if I were some kind of an alien xD 

Regular occurrence! Glad i'm not alone xD

18 hours ago, nudge said:

I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien...

On 25/01/2022 at 17:16, nudge said:

I came across that randomly the other day and though it was a good song. Cuba and Jamaica collaboration.

• 2 months later...
On 18/06/2020 at 13:37, nudge said:

Anyone else a fan? Dusted off a Trojan Records boxset today, and it sent me well down the nostalgic rabbit hole xD 

Yeh me big fan of both reggae and ska went and watched the dualers last weekend fairly decent. Been lucky enough to see the specials. Toots and the maytals, Barrington levy, eek a mouse. Lee Perry down the years. 

Love Bob marley Peter tosh too. 

Toots and the maytals in Manchester 2018 was brilliant. Probably the best I've watched to be honest. They got the academy rocking 

Not sure how I forgot about these either. Only saw them recently 

First time. To be honest I went expecting them to be okay but a little bit past it. They proved me wrong I thought it was banging 👏 👇 

👉 👇 

Yeh me big fan of both reggae and ska went and watched the dualers last weekend fairly decent. Been lucky enough to see the specials. Toots and the maytals, Barrington levy, eek a mouse. Lee Perry down the years. 

Toots and the maytals in Manchester 2018 was brilliant. Probably the best I've watched to be honest. They got the academy rocking 

Archived