3. Agueroooooooo
4. Alexander Arnold's corner in the CL Final
5. Brazil losing 7-1

I'm purely selfish in my picks.

1. Peru qualify to Russia 2018

2. Peru 3-0 Chile

3. Leicester title win

4. Peru knocking Brazil out of the Copa America 2016

5. Koulibaly's late winner against Juventus (even if it resulted to nothing in the end xD)

• Subscriber

Leicester's Title win gotta be No1, trying to remember back but most what others said above, in order...

1. Leicester's title win and Gary Lineker's famous quote that beats Hansen's "You can't win anything with kids" with "if Leicester win the League I will do a show in my underpants"
  2. Gerrards slip
  3. Terrys slip
  4. Aguero scoring the goal that gave City the title from United and I was sick as a dog
  5. Brazil 1-7 Germany which no one could have predicted in a million years

I'm going to pick my iconic moments with what has tickled me.

1. Batshauyi goes global.

tenor.thumb.gif.4e4541d2779d0b463c7ed6b78abf7bc3.gif

2. Ashley Young cops birdshit in his mouth for persistent diving and shithousing. Justice.

91hb.thumb.gif.3dedf9a878b1203e8758a9593533272f.gif

3. A Newcastle fan doing his bit for the RSPCA. Brilliant.

1NZf4UZ_1.thumb.gif.6bfd212c60fdba28d09a25ea1c80c98e.gif

4. Jack Grealish being decked by a Peaky Blinder (also for persistent diving/general shithousing)

rB8CLFyFJxGAULIWACUxeQeI0nQ931.gif.0d2d4d15177f3e7886aad199ce3e0374.gif

5. The man, myth, legend that is Mario Balotelli winning the hearts of everyone with the first of SIX at OT.

aZIc0-1.gif.5d69e6b198d59f8db6867f3c73387449.gif

Special mention to the following...

Sutton United's sub keeper, Wayne Shaw get's the munchies during the Cup tie v Arsenal

AdmirableFormalHackee-size_restricted.gif.9ac2efd74a7df39aaa7334f729004a32.gif

And finally...

Alex Song thinking Puyol wanted him to lift the La Liga trophy ahead of someone that battled illness for so long...poor Alex, we've all been there mate...

source.gif.98ead5304a0df2e177cf916d22f501bb.gif

1. Brisbane going back-to-back, with two comeback victories against Central Coast and Perth @Toinho + 35 games invincible. 
  2.  Gerrard Slipping after telling the boys 'this doos not fooking slip, la'. Honestly the slip is nothing without his post-game speach to the boys, poetry, I'm fully convinced the only reason he slipped is because he created a karmic imbalance in the universe by saying it doesn't slip, and the cosmos had to rectify this imbalance with a little patch of wet grass.
  3. Joey Barton's meltdown leading to Man City's first title.
  4. Torres scoring on Barcelona.
  5. Nigel de Jong introduces Xabi Alonso to his foot.
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

1. Terrys slip

2008, cobber.

Leicester title win.

2014 when arsenal finally won something. 

Aguerro.

England reaching semi final of world cup.

Wigan winning FA cup

The arsenal one of a completely selfish one and probably not that important really so I'm gonna add Germany beating Brazil 7.1 as an extra one

On 18/06/2020 at 15:17, Mpache said:

I'm purely selfish in my picks.

1. Peru qualify to Russia 2018

2. Peru 3-0 Chile

3. Leicester title win

4. Peru knocking Brazil out of the Copa America 2016

5. Koulibaly's late winner against Juventus (even if it resulted to nothing in the end xD)

You didn't really knock Brazil out. Knocking out is when you beat a team in a one on one knockout. Brazil had already got themselves in that situation by not beating equador. Still a great achievement though 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

You didn't really knock Brazil out. Knocking out is when you beat a team in a one on one knockout. Brazil had already got themselves in that situation by not beating equador. Still a great achievement though 

We did, because we had to win that game to go through. Not beating Haiti by 5 goals nearly shot us in the foot, and a draw wouldn't have sufficed.

Not only that but we did it with only players from the Peruvian league, so it was almost a miracle.

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

We did, because we had to win that game to go through. Not beating Haiti by 5 goals nearly shot us in the foot, and a draw wouldn't have sufficed.

Not only that but we did it with only players from the Peruvian league, so it was almost a miracle.

That doesn't mean you knocked them out. Brazil got in that situation by not beating equador. It's not the same as beating someone in a one on one Knockout. Not in my opinion anyway

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

That doesn't mean you knocked them out. Brazil got in that situation by not beating equador. It's not the same as beating someone in a one on one Knockout. Not in my opinion anyway

That's your opinion.

If we drew them and went through I would have given you the benefit of the doubt, but we HAD to win to go through. All that with a new squad who hadn't played together at all. We changed 80% of the team for the future and they were all playing in Peru, while they had players like Willian at Chelsea, Dani Alves at Barca, Filipe Luis at Atletico, Philippe Coutinho at Liverpool, etc. It was a monumental achievement. 

It was actually harder than a knockout because we couldn't draw them at all. It was win or bust.

Just now, Mpache said:

That's your opinion.

If we drew them and went through I would have given you the benefit of the doubt, but we HAD to win to go through. All that with a new squad who hadn't played together at all. We changed 80% of the team for the future and they were all playing in Peru, while they had players like Willian at Chelsea, Dani Alves at Barca, Filipe Luis at Atletico, Philippe Coutinho at Liverpool, etc. It was a monumental achievement. 

It was actually harder than a knockout because we couldn't draw them at all. It was win or bust.

Mate I never said it wasn't a great achievement. It was amazing. I just don't count that as knocking a team out but we can agree to disagree 

In my opinion there were 2 results that changed our national team forever.

Peru 2-2 Venezuela

The worst Peru performance maybe in my lifetime, and it convinced Ricardo Gareca to bin everything and try something new. Farfan, Vargas, Pizarro, Zambrano, Ascues, all gone.

Peru 1-0 Brazil

Going through that Copa America group convinced Gareca to not only stay but also stick to the team he had called up. After that results players were getting offers from everywhere.

Both this decade (obviously xD) so I might as well just say it.

1. Atlanta United winning the MLS Cup in 2018
2. Going to Atlanta United's first home game ever, which was a magical night for sure. 
3. Spartak winning the league in 2017
4. USA Women's World Cup win 2019
5. Leicester's EPL title run was magical

1 hour ago, Eco said:

1. Atlanta United winning the MLS Cup in 2018
2. Going to Atlanta United's first home game ever, which was a magical night for sure. 
3. Spartak winning the league in 2017
4. USA Women's World Cup win 2019
5. Leicester's EPL title run was magical

Glad you mentioned USA's women's world cup win.  I would have mentioned it if England had won it.

One I forgot was the England youth teams in 2017. 2 world cups, a European cup another European final and u21 semi final. Something no country had ever done before

Archived