talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Train Map

football forum

313981428b997676940ojpg.jpeg

Have fun picking out the massive faults xD

Jakarta to Aukland, completely avoiding Australia, is pretty impressive. Going from Australia to New Zealand would take a pretty long time. Putting a stop at Stuttgart between Lausanne and Lyon turns a 200km trip into a 900km trip xD

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

1 stop between Lisbon and Fortaleza in Brazil xD 

Africa only having 5 stops xD. Never seen India and Israel so close and didn't know Baghdad was in India! India and China being difficult to get to is probably best these days :ph34r:

Toronto is in Yellowknife. We couldn't be further away from there, culturally and distance.

Also, did they not know the names of the African capitals to keep it under construction? All it takes is a quick google search xD

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Just realised you can go direct to Australia from UK as well xD 

Aye, and 7 stops from here in Edinburgh to Aussie land I could hack that, I love train journeys, I wonder how long that would take? the longest train journey I have ever been on was in my army days when I got married in Scotland.

Me and the wife travelled by train to Hull, then on a ferry across to Zeebrugge in Belgium then a train from there to Dortmund in Germany, that took about 2 days if I remember right.   

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Spike said:

No one pointing out that Melbourne isn't in bloody Western Australia

Don't go by that map, it looks more like in Geelong to me just up the coast near Corio Bay but it still would be an epic journey for me.😊

8 hours ago, ...Dan said:

313981428b997676940ojpg.jpeg

Have fun picking out the massive faults xD

Jakarta to Aukland, completely avoiding Australia, is pretty impressive. Going from Australia to New Zealand would take a pretty long time. Putting a stop at Stuttgart between Lausanne and Lyon turns a 200km trip into a 900km trip xD

Strange map, there are railways south of Buenos Aires, our railways extend over 47.000km, making it the 8th longest in the world, and at it best it had over 100.000km making it one of the longest in the world if not the most.

7 hours ago, Berserker said:

Strange map, there are railways south of Buenos Aires, our railways extend over 47.000km, making it the 8th longest in the world, and at it best it had over 100.000km making it one of the longest in the world if not the most.

Only penguins south of Beunos Aires :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Funny enough when I worked in the Victorian Railways I got a free train pass on my holidays to use and I chose Surfers Paradise as my holiday spot and the train left Melbourne on the same route, stopped off at Sydney for one day so I hit Bondi Beach then off too Surfers, took about 2 days of travel in all along the coast.

And @Spike can pull me up if the arrow is wrong for Surfers Paradise. xD

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.png.94a4f7bcc7450c2f4d58417a40cc607b.png 

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Funny enough when I worked in the Victorian Railways I got a free train pass on my holidays to use and I chose Surfers Paradise as my holiday spot and the train left Melbourne on the same route, stopped off at Sydney for one day so I hit Bondi Beach then off too Surfers, took about 2 days of travel in all along the coast.

And @Spike can pull me up if the arrow is wrong for Surfers Paradise. xD

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.png.94a4f7bcc7450c2f4d58417a40cc607b.png 

Surfer’s is in the southeast corner of qld, I’d say that arrow is closer to Innisfail; banana farm central

10 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

So many people on the internet upset with this...

I do feel bad for the guy (now that you've brought up his tweet), and I'm sure there's playful explanations of each metro location, but I still think Africa being "under construction" is just a lack of not knowing the capitals. Also don't understand why he's used a map of Pangaea in the middle of breaking away. 

That said, I hope the guy isn't discouraged.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I do feel bad for the guy (now that you've brought up his tweet), and I'm sure there's playful explanations of each metro location, but I still think Africa being "under construction" is just a lack of not knowing the capitals. Also don't understand why he's used a map of Pangaea in the middle of breaking away. 

That said, I hope the guy isn't discouraged.

I think he'll be fine.

The map is like it is to fit the shape of the London Underground stops. So the world map is purposely mis-shapen.

People getting upset about it need to grow a pair. 

Archived