talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 5-0 Burnley - Monday 22nd June, 2020

football forum

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Ah, a disabled joke as well. To be expected really. 

No not a disabled joke, why do you have cerebral palsy? 
 a spastic is a derogatory term nowadays for an moron or stupid person. 
Scope changed their name years ago because spastic had took on usage as a derogatory term. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

In South Africa & Zimbabwe then technically yes, although you could argue it’s more enabled by disinterested federal interest in addressing the problem. 

Ah I see that you are an avid News Corp reader. Exaggerated talking points favoured by conservatives but falter under-weight of facts and examination. Yeah, I empathise with the plight of the Boer, especially the horror stories of rape, murder, and evil but that isn't something perpetrated by agents of their government; that is private citizens murdering eachother, and South Africans do love a murder. Taxi drivers murder eachother in South Africa for fares, for crying out loud; that isn't a country you should expect egalitie, fraternitie, and equalitie. Actually, South Africa has quite a lot of equality when it comes to murder, seems it happens to everyone.

Trigger-happy those that 'protect and serve' is another issue, and quite a big issue in the USA. Their police murder far too many people for my taste, especially considering the USA thinks of itself as the gold standard of what the world should be.

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

No not a disabled joke, why do you have cerebral palsy? 
 a spastic is a derogatory term nowadays for an moron or stupid person. 
Scope changed their name years ago because spastic had took on usage as a derogatory term. 

So you’re happy, as a grown man, to be lobbing derogatory terms around about people with disabilities? Says a lot, really. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fuck me you really do have to check absolutely everything you say nowadays. So many people get offended by absolutely everything. 

People were always offended, just kept it to themselves, or reacted differently. 

17 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

So where’s my racist remarks?  I’m actually going to post a big post in the George Floyd thread in the next day or so, you will love that, you will completed disregard any points I make and say it’s racist and that’s because you’re a spastic

Don't mate, you will be set upon like a rabid dog around discarded chicken. 

I tried it, I only just lived. 

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

So you’re happy, as a grown man, to be lobbing derogatory terms around about people with disabilities? Says a lot, really. 

Do you have a disability? 

because I’m calling you a spastic in the context that you’re stupid. I think the struggle to process this adds weight to my claim that you’re indeed a Spastic

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

I get accused of turning every thread into something about Peru, yet Fairy in Boots somehow gets away with turning every thread into a political fuckfest. It's actually getting quite boring.

Lol no actually if you want we can relocate to the Peru thread and discuss things there? 

after all this is a forum, it’s almost like one of those mythical places people could discuss various topics

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Ah I see that you are an avid News Corp reader. Exaggerated talking points favoured by conservatives but falter under-weight of facts and examination. Yeah, I empathise with the plight of the Boer, especially the horror stories of rape, murder, and evil but that isn't something perpetrated by agents of their government; that is private citizens murdering eachother, and South Africans do love a murder. Taxi drivers murder eachother in South Africa for fares, for crying out loud; that isn't a country you should expect egalitie, fraternitie, and equalitie. Actually, South Africa has quite a lot of equality when it comes to murder, seems it happens to everyone.

Trigger-happy those that 'protect and serve' is another issue, and quite a big issue in the USA. Their police murder far too many people for my taste, especially considering the USA thinks of itself as the gold standard of what the world should be.

Deserves a more considered answer, I don’t consume news corp product. 

Not all whites in Africa are Boer either. But to stop going off on a tangent, back to the US. 

I looked at FBI stats in the aftermath of George Floyd and although blacks commit 52% of violent crime in the states and account for 17-18% population they’re still killed less than whites by Police. We could discuss the amount of killing by police (which I’d agree is high)but from a federal level I’d disagree US police are actively targeting the black population via police brutality. I think there will be cases that are exceptions to that rule,  but from a systematic point of view I’m not buying I’m afraid. 

anyway on topic, Ben Mee is a cunt and Dyche belongs in league 2

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've been offended loads of times in my life.. its not only certain people that get the rough end. 

Of course mate, but the point I'm making is that people were always offended, now they are just loud about it. For instance, if I walked up to a bloke in 1965 in a pub and called him a 'spastic cunt' I'd probably get my lights turned out, because that would offend him. Of course for a different reason and reaction than someone who is the parent of a handicapped child (I'd probably get my lights turn out as well depending on the parent), or even the average punter today. 

I reckon people were always thin skinned, just handled it differently, and the culture to how someone reacts has changed. Today you'd probably get banned from loads of pubs for punching someone out, even if they did call you a 'spastic cunt', that itself is a deterrent. 

I reckon people just can't handle social situations anymore and don't have an idea of what to do when confronted with something they don't like. The internet has anihilllated our social skills, sometimes it is easier to roll with the punches than make a scene out of something. Personally, a lot of the time I roll with the punches, yeah it's easy to get fired up and want to react to something, but I reckon people were better at analysing a situation and walking away from before it escalates.

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fuck me you really do have to check absolutely everything you say nowadays. So many people get offended by absolutely everything. 

Haven't you perhaps thought that's for the better?

I recall you mentioned once you are over 40... so you lived in a more racist era including one that had apartheid South Africa. There was way more discrimination back then. There's your answer as to why people get "offended by everything".

7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Do you have a disability? 

because I’m calling you a spastic in the context that you’re stupid. I think the struggle to process this adds weight to my claim that you’re indeed a Spastic

No, not sure what that has to do with anything. 

I have however worked with a couple of disabled people in the past, have seen the strain a child with disabilities puts on a parent and have seen the physical and emotional effect of a disabled child on a family member. 

But hey, lob it around as an insult, it says more about you than me. Don’t you have a statue to protect this evening?

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

People were always offended, just kept it to themselves, or reacted differently. 

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've been offended loads of times in my life.. its not only certain people that get the rough end. 

I’m so past caring about offence nowadays, people have a right to be offended and I have a right to not give a fuck. 

Late 80’s early 90’s as I grew up it was all about being offensive the more so the better. It was counter culture, now it’s cancel culture so sad

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

Deserves a more considered answer, I don’t consume news corp product. 

Not all whites in Africa are Boer either. But to stop going off on a tangent, back to the US. 

I looked at FBI stats in the aftermath of George Floyd and although blacks commit 52% of violent crime in the states and account for 17-18% population they’re still killed less than whites by Police. We could discuss the amount of killing by police (which I’d agree is high)but from a federal level I’d disagree US police are actively targeting the black population via police brutality. I think there will be cases that are exceptions to that rule,  but from a systematic point of view I’m not buying I’m afraid. 

anyway on topic, Ben Mee is a cunt and Dyche belongs in league 2

Yeah, they commit a lot more crime (I don't think that is resticted to 'violent crime') and they do take up less population. More whites are killed that is true, but the ratio of black people gettting killed by police is higher than whites. Also, violent crime doesn't necessarily justify police  murder, if two black blokes are having a punch up, that is a violent crime, and I don't think guns out fixes that.

Mate the officer that killed Floyd had a history of racial violence, he shouldn't have been a cop in the first place, the police unions have deals to scrub records on officers. The fact that a PUBLIC UNION will openly do that and allow him to serve and protect is an aberration. Implicit bias exists, it doesn't have to be cross burning KKK clowns to be racist, even just being acutely aware that black people cause more crimes creates a bias in a human's monkey brain (even though it is a fact) that maybe makes one more aggressive to black suspects, or even more suspicious, leading way to confirmation bias 'ha, I knew this guy was a perp, I'm so smart'

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

No, not sure what that has to do with anything. 

I have however worked with a couple of disabled people in the past, have seen the strain a child with disabilities puts on a parent and have seen the physical and emotional effect of a disabled child on a family member. 

But hey, lob it around as an insult, it says more about you than me. Don’t you have a statue to protect this evening?

Context is what has to do with it. 

You’re not disabled so I’ve called it you in the context that you’re an idiot. 

if you were a disabled 6 year old child calling you it would be wrong obviously. 

on a forum 18+ 100 users talking about football I think you need to toughen up really. 

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I’m so past caring about offence nowadays, people have a right to be offended and I have a right to not give a fuck. 

Late 80’s early 90’s as I grew up it was all about being offensive the more so the better. It was counter culture, now it’s cancel culture so sad

Yeah, but you weren't really being offensive if someone wasn't offended, were ya?xD

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Of course mate, but the point I'm making is that people were always offended, now they are just loud about it. For instance, if I walked up to a bloke in 1965 in a pub and called him a 'spastic cunt' I'd probably get my lights turned out, because that would offend him. Of course for a different reason and reaction than someone who is the parent of a handicapped child (I'd probably get my lights turn out as well depending on the parent), or even the average punter today. 

I reckon people were always thin skinned, just handled it differently, and the culture to how someone reacts has changed. Today you'd probably get banned from loads of pubs for punching someone out, even if they did call you a 'spastic cunt', that itself is a deterrent. 

I reckon people just can't handle social situations anymore and don't have an idea of what to do when confronted with something they don't like. The internet has anihilllated our social skills, sometimes it is easier to roll with the punches than make a scene out of something. Personally, a lot of the time I roll with the punches, yeah it's easy to get fired up and want to react to something, but I reckon people were better at analysing a situation and walking away from before it escalates.

Agree although I think given the right social situation and nobody is going to get offended spastic is used an awful lot in the uk. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Quiet, I'm enjoying this one.

Nah it can be taken elsewhere. Not in a match thread. Bored of it. 

This, on the other hand. Good he's said something. Too many other players would skirt round the issue. 

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

Context is what has to do with it. 

You’re not disabled so I’ve called it you in the context that you’re an idiot. 

if you were a disabled 6 year old child calling you it would be wrong obviously. 

on a forum 18+ 100 users talking about football I think you need to toughen up really. 

I don’t even know where to start on that. 

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived