• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

football forum

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'll hang fire for the time being. I liked the first three but after the change of ownership, those after it have been a bit meh really. 

Having said that, this does more promising and appears to be sticking more to the first three from what I saw. 

The games made after the Naughty Dog era were bad thanks to Universal wanting to rush the project. Crash The Wrath Of Cortex had more mechanic flaws than anything. Personally after the last 2 remakes, I have restored my faith in Activision. Especially now we don't have Universal changing everything last minute.

5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

The games made after the Naughty Dog era were bad thanks to Universal wanting to rush the project. Crash The Wrath Of Cortex had more mechanic flaws than anything. Personally after the last 2 remakes, I have restored my faith in Activision. Especially now we don't have Universal changing everything last minute.

While I liked the N Sane Trilogy (I haven't played the Spyro trilogy yet), those were remakes as you said and not a brand new game, which is where I'm cautious really. 

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

While I liked the N Sane Trilogy (I haven't played the Spyro trilogy yet), those were remakes as you said and not a brand new game, which is where I'm cautious really. 

Remakes aren't always good though. Most things about the N. Sane Trilogy worked, except for the Jet Ski controls.

Just now, Spike said:

Decanonized? xD This isn't a comic book storyline.

Yes, but what other reason do they have for naming it Crash 4? I think Activision wants to forget about those to be honest.

Not all of them were bad but they weren't great compared to the PS1 games.

Just now, Mpache said:

Yes, but what other reason do they have for naming it Crash 4? I think Activision wants to forget about those to be honest.

Not all of them were bad but they weren't great compared to the PS1 games.

Who cares what Activision wants? This isn't 1999, even Naughty Dog isn't the same company. 

Just now, Spike said:

Who cares what Activision wants? This isn't 1999, even Naughty Dog isn't the same company. 

I mean, they own Crash and I believe they merged with Universal (the ones who owned Crash to begin with) so technically they have full rights to change anything!

5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I mean, they own Crash and I believe they merged with Universal (the ones who owned Crash to begin with) so technically they have full rights to change anything!

And Michael Jackson's estate owns most of the Beatle's music, does't mean they can create any sequels ! ! ! Universal/Activision have really nothing to do with the quality of the game as they didn't actually make it, just distributed it. It'd be like giving EMI music writing credits.

Just now, Spike said:

And Michael Jackson's estate owns most of the Beatle's music, does't mean they can create any sequels ! ! ! Universal/Activision have really nothing to do with the quality of the game as they didn't actually make it, just distributed it. It'd be like giving EMI music writing credits.

Fair point, I do hope Vicarious Visions got this one. They have a good track record with Crash games (for the most part)

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Universal/Activision have really nothing to do with the quality of the game as they didn't actually make it, just distributed it. It'd be like giving EMI music writing credits.

Though they are in charge of the project. Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity didn't do so well because Universal couldn't make up their minds so the games were rushed beyond belief.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

crash 3 is the best

I'm very much in the minority, and I can acknowledge that Crash 3 is objectively the best, but it's actually my least favourite of the 3. They overdid it with the non-platforming stages. Too many vehicles and while they existed in the previous 2 games, they were few and far between.

Still fun those stages but not quite AS fun.

My favourite is Crash 2.

24 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I'm very much in the minority, and I can acknowledge that Crash 3 is objectively the best, but it's actually my least favourite of the 3. They overdid it with the non-platforming stages. Too many vehicles and while they existed in the previous 2 games, they were few and far between.

Still fun those stages but not quite AS fun.

My favourite is Crash 2.

The gimmick levels are precisely why I like the third. To me, that is what makes Crash Crash

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 01/10/2020 at 18:29, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Early reviews are in and they appear to be pretty positive in fairness. 

Might consider this when the price drops. 

I’ve heard good reviews so far.

I’ll give it a go once I’ve got my hands on a PS5.

2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I’ve heard good reviews so far.

I’ll give it a go once I’ve got my hands on a PS5.

I'm still waiting for the price to drop (possibly a black Friday deal?), but it is on my list, as well as Yakuza 6, 7 and Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Edition.

Welcome back btw. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 07/11/2020 at 10:36, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm still waiting for the price to drop (possibly a black Friday deal?), but it is on my list, as well as Yakuza 6, 7 and Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Edition.

Welcome back btw. :)

You picked it up yet? I've heard the new Crash is banging.

KMvfjKE0r5NjNBRU6eL8x9ygB1BL_PbZGbPU-N2x

Archived