• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Other Matches - Wednesday 24th June, 2020

Recommended Posts

all matches 18.00 (BST)

Man Utd vs Sheff Utd
Live on Sky Sports

Newcastle vs Aston Villa
Live on BT Sport

Norwich vs Everton
Live on BBC One

Wolves vs Bournemouth
Live on BT Sport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to see what line up we go for with the big game this weekend. Worth considering resting the unfittest players, like Shelvey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Stan have you just got fed up of starting a new thread for every match? xD

 

Standard Internet forum rules apply; if there's 3+ games on same time at same day then individual threads not allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Standard Internet forum rules apply; if there's 3+ games on same time at same day then individual threads not allowed.

Ow right. How come you aren't putting the last 5 results between the teams on anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ow right. How come you aren't putting the last 5 results between the teams on anymore?

Because they were so long ago. Might start doing it when more games get played following this restart :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Because they were so long ago. Might start doing it when more games get played following this restart :) 

Didn't you use to put the last 5 head to head results between the teams though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Didn't you use to put the last 5 head to head results between the teams though? 

True.

I can start that again tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manchester fucking United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to see a positive performance here and we should beat them on paper but it's just so easy to see Norwich wanting it more and us never getting started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I really want to see a positive performance here and we should beat them on paper but it's just so easy to see Norwich wanting it more and us never getting started.

I’ve backed Norwich with a + handicap this evening. 

An extra couple of days rest, Everton’s away form (granted it’s improved but no clean sheet since August) and Norwich failing to score in 3/15 home games this year gives me enough to back this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man Utd: De Gea, Shaw, Lindelof, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Matic, Pogba, Fernandes, Greenwood, Rashford, Martial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tim Cahill just said England don't have & need a striker like Calvert-Lewin.

 

Erm, Harry Kane xD?!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Tim Cahill just said England don't have & need a striker like Calvert-Lewin.

 

Erm, Harry Kane xD?!

Tbf, I think Calvert-Lewin, as much as I laughed at the idea last season, has done enough to put himself in England contention this season. He's growing into a pretty decent player. But yeah... we've got Harry Kane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calvert-Lewin is too similar to Kane for them to ever complement each other but if he can keep improving he'll make a good under-study.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf, I think Calvert-Lewin, as much as I laughed at the idea last season, has done enough to put himself in England contention this season. He's growing into a pretty decent player. But yeah... we've got Harry Kane

Oh yeah I'm happy for him to be in the England squad don't get me wrong. Just a blase comment from Cahill to say that when we have possibly one of the world's best in the position anyway xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First goal of the evening goes to Man Utd!

Rashford drills a ball across the box and Martial flicks it in. Almost caught Sheff Utd by surprise. 1-0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man Utd break and Rashford somehow misses an open goal :/ 

Perhaps put off by the defender but surely no excuse?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First 15 minutes have been like a shit world cup group stage game by one token gesture entry (us) and one luck of draw European side glad to be at a tournament (villa)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rashford looks so rusty. Man Utd playing well. Twice he's had the goal in sight and now fluffed another finish.

Fernandes making things tick in midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn Harry, just run him over why don't ya?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Maguire lived up to his massive fee at all? It appears he is captain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eco said:

Has Maguire lived up to his massive fee at all? It appears he is captain?

Nope. 

Becomes massively exposed when playing against pace.

We absolutely rinsed Utd to get £80m for him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan said:

Nope. 

Becomes massively exposed when playing against pace.

We absolutely rinsed Utd to get £80m for him.

Still one of the strangest transfer of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Bruno, Pogba and McTominay is a pretty solid attack+midfield for United moving forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone see that dive from Baldock xD ?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am worried about their first shot at De Gea.

Is Bruno injured?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2-0 Man Utd!

Patient build-up as the ball goes through Fernandes, Pogba and then Wan-Bissaka to cross for Martial. On a hat-trick now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful set up that.

2-0 United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement