talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 4-0 Crystal Palace - Wednesday 24th June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was very very good. Hopefully we perform like that a week from now. 

Neco Williams was fantastic when he came on and Harvey Elliot does not look out of place either. Hopefully once the league is tied up we can give them more and more minutes. 

17 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I know you guys want this done soon but surely there is a bit of temptation there to hope for a City win tomorrow and give you a chance to win it at theirs.

This is what I want. I won’t even lie. I want the players to be able to enjoy the title win instantly by getting a result against that horrible lot. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 4-0 Crystal Palace - Wednesday 24th June, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I know you guys want this done soon but surely there is a bit of temptation there to hope for a City win tomorrow and give you a chance to win it at theirs.

I don't think it really makes a difference in the circumstances does it?

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

We know we are going to win it. Why not hope for it to that little bit sweeter? I want us to rub in in their face a bit, I’m petty like that. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah but surely you’d rather win it at an actual match rather than by watching another game?

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Oh it does. The players are hugely competitive, you only had to see how Sterling and Gomez went at eachother from that game at Anfield to know just how much.

It would be very sweet I think, one because its at City and how often will that ever happen again and two, it feels nice to win it as a result of you playing.

Just hearing John Barnes speak on Sky a minute ago, you can see there are plenty that would love for that to happen.

Just now, Rick said:

We know we are going to win it. Why not hope for it to that little bit sweeter? I want us to rub in in their face a bit, I’m petty like that. 

It'd be different if there was fans in the stadium to see their cry arse whinging fans or you could go out to and celebrate it properly. Just get it won now though and smash the earliest win record, seven games to go

• Subscriber

Regardless of crowds being there or not which is shit for Liverpool, surely you'd rather look back at this season and have a lifelong memory of the goal that confirmed the title being one scored by a Liverpool player rather than a Chelsea one.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Oh it does. The players are hugely competitive, you only had to see how Sterling and Gomez went at eachother from that game at Anfield to know just how much.

It would be very sweet I think, one because its at City and how often will that ever happen again and two, it feels nice to win it as a result of you playing.

Just hearing John Barnes speak on Sky a minute ago, you can see there are plenty that would love for that to happen.

Oh yeah, probably from the players point of view. From a fans point of view though it's not making any difference really.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It'd be different if there was fans in the stadium to see their cry arse whinging fans or you could go out to and celebrate it properly. Just get it won now though and smash the earliest win record, seven games to go

Tbh, I don’t care about any of those record.  The only one that would have been nice is to have went unbeaten. 

I want this players to finally lift that trophy as a result of playing, rather than just sitting on their arse watching it on their plasma telly. 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Regardless of crowds being there or not which is shit for Liverpool, surely you'd rather look back at this season and have a lifelong memory of the goal that confirmed the title being one scored by a Liverpool player rather than a Chelsea one.

We've waited so long and it's not in the way we'd have imagined it, not really bothered to be honest. Said it before, Salah v United is basically the clinching moment

47 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

They can't be too picky. At least they've got the chance to really win the league, without any asterisks, ifs, ands, or buts. To win the league properly is more than anyone can ask for in this post-covid world. Nobody will ever look back at this season and say 'well the title was handed to them', or 'the league was stolen from us'. 

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

I'd rather have Sterling have to give Gomez & the rest of our lads the guard of honour.

I just want it to be official that we've wrapped up the league and nobody can catch us. After wondering if football would even resume this season... I just want this wrapped up ASAP.

• Subscriber

I'd like us to finish this season the way we started it and not let up at all. Yesterday, when we were 2-0 up you'd imagine the players would take their foot off the gas but they didn't. Fabinho was lunging in on tackles when he didn't need to, Ox was pushing and hustlng, etc. That's what I want this season to end with.

The title is definitely important but the way this team has gone about their game this season is more special to me. It really could never have come to Liverpool any other way, nothing ever does. 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I just want it to be official that we've wrapped up the league and nobody can catch us. After wondering if football would even resume this season... I just want this wrapped up ASAP.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I'm not relaxed until it's win... still worried a Liverpool player will get Covid and our whole first 11 go into isolation and play the kids.... 

Oh come on lads, it's done xD

Yesterday's game barely looked like there was even a 3 month break. If you're not relaxed until you can win you're missing out the enjoyment of the ride. 

Even if Man City win tonight (and I don't think they will), you've got the next game to win it at Anfield. 

It's done and has been for ages even before lockdown. No one was catching you since around January. 

I mean, I get their worries because of the last times we’ve bottled it.....but we are 23 points ahead. We would have to lose every game and city win all of theirs. That’s not going to happen.

The title is ours, and I for one want it to be that little bit more specially by beating City at their place. Winning it tonight because they lose a game just doesn’t do justice to the shift these players have put in. I want to see them celebrate that clinching moment, together, on the pitch.

So yes, I’ll absolutely be hoping for a City win tonight.  

Archived