talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-1 Man City - Thursday 25th June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, that goal was eerily similar to Demba Ba's goal against Liverpool a few years ago.

What is it with Chelsea? They won City the title in 2013/14, (in a way) won Leicester the title in 2015/16 and are going to win Liverpool the title in 2019/20.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

What do they do with fullbacks over at City?

He's got Pulisic coming at him from his right, and so he's literally turned with his back facing him, trying to stick his left foot out. 

He probably doesn't know how to coach full backs. At Barcelona I'm pretty sure he lined up with Victor Valdes and Ibrahimovic as full backs once and they still won 13-0. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

What do they do with fullbacks over at City?

He's got Pulisic coming at him from his right, and so he's literally turned with his back facing him, trying to stick his left foot out. 

Spends a lot of money on them

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I have to say, that goal was eerily similar to Demba Ba's goal against Liverpool a few years ago.

What is it with Chelsea? They won City the title in 2013/14, (in a way) won Leicester the title in 2015/16 and are going to win Liverpool the title in 2019/20.

Not particularly.

That was an unfortunate, yet amusing, Gerrard slip.

This was just idiocy from Mendy on 2 accounts. The pass to Gundogan (unnecessary) and the diving in to the tackle which he got all wrong.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm onboard for a Chelsea shithouse classic.

Looking that way. 

I'll take the points in any way as of now, but this shithousery needs to end if we ever want to be a top side again. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

God it would be sound having the Champions give us the guard of honour in their own back yard! 

Sterling's face will be a picture...  Left us to win things and we have won the two biggest prizes in that time :D

Tbf it's not like Sterling's not won stuff since leaving us and going to Citeh, he's actually gone on to be one of their best players and won a lot with them. So it's not quite as sweet as Coutinho leaving us for glory and us going on to get that glory (although Coutinho got a hollow league title by joining Barca, so he's got that as well).

But I'm sure it'll annoy Sterling if they have to give us the guard of honour. And I am all for annoying that little shit.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

He probably doesn't know how to coach full backs. At Barcelona I'm pretty sure he lined up with Victor Valdes and Ibrahimovic as full backs once and they still won 13-0. :ph34r:

It just seems dumb that fullback has been such a disaster position for them.

Ok maybe you won't find another Abidal-Alves or Alaba-Lahm pairing, but you'd think the richest club on earth with potentially the most extensive scouting infrastructure could find a decent left back. 

Walker in fairness has been good mostly, but they seemingly need to sign a £40 million backup right-back every season just to scare him into playing well. 

Surprised at the will for revenge on the Liverpool fans on here. After having the season possibly having been null and void, I'd just want to win the thing if I was them. Not want to win it at City's place with no fans and frankly no reaction from others. There are some things more worth in life than revenge.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 2-1 Man City - Thursday 25th June, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived