Freiburg vs Schalke
Werder Bremen vs Koln
Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich

image.png

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Dusseldorf will have a couple more extra games if they draw and Werder fail to win by 4 goals. Should teams be level on 31 points, it goes down to total goals scored then H2H points. So if Werder win 4-0 but Dusseldorf draw 4-4, Dusseldorf will stay in 16th as they beat Bremen twice this season.  

Werder need to win, simple as that. And also hope Dusseldorf lose to guarantee those play-off games.  

3-way tie for 3/4/5th place.

RB just need to match Gladbach & Bayer's results to finish 3rd, or just the latter's to guarantee CL football next season. 
Leverkusen have to win and hope one of RB or Gladbach lose. 

6th place will now get EL group stage spot next season; 7th will have to go through qualifiers 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nah, he'll be back at Werder in a couple of season's time.

He cares for his country, and he's made mistakes. But I do think he gets harshly treated sometimes. He's the most decorated Peruvian player in history and should be celebrated more, regardless of his failures with his national team.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

He cares for his country, and he's made mistakes. But I do think he gets harshly treated sometimes. He's the most decorated Peruvian player in history and should be celebrated more, regardless of his failures with his national team.

Okay. I was only messing.

• Subscriber

Wished for a much more worthy end of the career for him. Unless we manage to get that playoff spot and he comes on and scores the winning goal against HSV to ensure our survival, of course. Now that would be a very fitting farewell.

In all seriousness, it's a shame that his final match for us has to be one in an empty stadium, and shadowed by a likely relegation. Such an unfortunate turn of events. Yes, he will definitely get a farewell match of his own at some point, but it's not the same...

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wished for a much more worthy end of the career for him. Unless we manage to get that playoff spot and he comes on and scores the winning goal against HSV to ensure our survival, of course. Now that would be a very fitting farewell.

In all seriousness, it's a shame that his final match for us has to be one in an empty stadium, and shadowed by a likely relegation. Such an unfortunate turn of events. Yes, he will definitely get a farewell match of his own at some point, but it's not the same...

He's rightly criticized for his efforts at international level, but I do wish more people would celebrate his career. No Peruvian will ever do what he did at a top level in our lifetimes. 

We've had better players that weren't able to reach the "legend" status outside of South America.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

He's rightly criticized for his efforts at international level, but I do wish more people would celebrate his career. No Peruvian will ever do what he did at a top level in our lifetimes. 

We've had better players that weren't able to reach the "legend" status outside of South America.

I'll be honest, I couldn't care less about his efforts at international level, haha. He's an absolute legend for both us and Bayern, and one of the best players I've ever seen play for the club.

Just now, nudge said:

I'll be honest, I couldn't care less about his efforts at international level, haha. He's an absolute legend for both us and Bayern, and one of the best players I've ever seen play for the club.

You don't need to!

I do though :D 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I am sure you also love the Koln anthem, 'Mer stonn zo dir, FC Kolle', with their tune directly stolen off our very own traditional Scottish folk song, 'The Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond' which most of us Brits will be familiar with. :D

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Michael said:

I am sure you also love the Koln anthem, 'Mer stonn zo dir, FC Kolle', with their tune directly stolen off our very own traditional Scottish folk song, 'The Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond' which most of us Brits will be familiar with. :D

Yep, one of my favourites! 

Just now, nudge said:

Yep, one of my favourites! 

One of my favourites as well, especially when it's blasted out loud at a football stadium, as is done when Koln play and also when the Scottish national team play. It makes one's hair stand up on the back of one's neck!

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Michael said:

One of my favourites as well, especially when it's blasted out loud at a football stadium, as is done when Koln play and also when the Scottish national team play. It makes one's hair stand up on the back of one's neck!

Yep, I've been to Köln for an away game once, and thought the singing and the atmosphere in general was fantastic... 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived