Bundesliga 2019/20 - [34. Spieltag] - 27th June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

How amazing would it be if Pizarro scored the 7th goal for Werder. xD

How amazing would it be if he scored the winning goal against HSV in the playoff 😍

• Subscriber

So relieved... We are not safe yet, I know - but at least we still get two more matches, last chance saloon where it is all in our hands again.

What a crazy matchday... I love Werder and I love Union. THANK YOU! Eisern Union is currently being played in Weserstadion xD That is all.

@Tommy bad luck, sorry :( 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

So relieved... We are not safe yet, I know - but at least we still get two more matches, one last chance where it is all in our hands again.

What a crazy matchday... I love Werder and I love Union. THANK YOU! Eisern Union is currently being played in Weserstadion xD That is all.

@Tommy bad luck, sorry :( 

I think that Werder left their best performance until the last game of the season. Fortuna had plenty of chances against Union, but it wasn't their day. I personally can't see Werder blowing it in the play-offs, not after the efforts we saw them give today and against Paderborn a couple of weeks ago. I'm not trying to tempt fate or anything, but I've watched HSV and Heidenheim several times this season and I just think Werder will have too much for either of them over 2 legs. Werder now have 9 full days to rest before the play-offs, that should do them a lot of good as they recharge their batteries. B|

Spare a thought for poor old Schalke and their manager Wagner, who have gone their last 16 Bundesliga games without a win, with 10 of those 16 matches being losses!:ph34r:

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think that Werder left their best performance until the last game of the season. Fortuna had plenty of chances against Union, but it wasn't their day. I personally can't see Werder blowing it in the play-offs, not after the efforts we saw them give today and against Paderborn a couple of weeks ago. I'm not trying to tempt fate or anything, but I've watched HSV and Heidenheim several times this season and I just think Werder will have too much for either of them over 2 legs. Werder now have 9 full days to rest before the play-offs, that should do them a lot of good as they recharge their batteries. B|

Spare a thought for poor old Schalke and their manager Wagner, who have gone their last 16 Bundesliga games without a win, with 10 of those 16 matches being losses!:ph34r:

Well, we played well today, but let's not forget that it was against a completely unmotivated team that really didn't try hard... We have to win over the two games in the playoff, regardless if it's against Heidenheim or HSV - there's enough quality in the squad for that. It won't be a walk in a park though, and at this point I'm just happy that we avoided direct relegation and now have full control of our situation again. 

We don't have 9 days, by the way - the first leg will be played on July 2nd! :P 

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well, we played well today, but let's not forget that it was against a completely unmotivated team that really didn't try hard... We have to win over the two games in the playoff, regardless if it's against Heidenheim or HSV - there's enough quality in the squad for that. It won't be a walk in a park though, and at this point I'm just happy that we avoided direct relegation and now have full control of our situation again. 

We don't have 9 days, by the way - the first leg will be played on July 2nd! :P 

Ok I see, I guess Wikipedia is feeding me rubbish again haha 

First leg[edit]

7 July 2020
18:15
Werder Bremen v 3. Liga third place

Second leg[edit]

11 July 2020
18:15
3. Liga third place v Werder Bremen

They even have Werder lined up playing against a 3 liga club I've just noticed.:ph34r:xD I should have known better than to refer to them.

Well July the 2nd changes things a bit, as that is not too far away. I know that Koln were probably not too motivated today, but I still think Werder played very well and they have the offensive weapons(the players) that I can see doing a lot of damage to HSV or Heidenheim. Anyway, that's just my hunch, we will have to wait and see how it pans out. Nevertheless, good luck in the play-offs, I am sure they will also be two exciting and nail biting games. xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Ok I see, I guess Wikipedia is feeding me rubbish again haha https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_2._Bundesliga

They even have Werder lined up playing against a 3 liga club I've just noticed.:ph34r:xD I should have known better than to refer to them.

Well July the 2nd changes things a bit, as that is not too far away. I know that Koln were probably not too motivated today, but I still think Werder played very well and they have the offensive weapons(the players) that I can see doing a lot of damage to HSV or Heidenheim. Anyway, that's just my hunch, we will have to wait and see how it pans out. Nevertheless, good luck in the play-offs, I am sure they will also be two exciting and nail biting games. xD

Maybe that's because you were looking at the 2. Bundesliga relegation playoffs, haha... :P 

Just now, nudge said:

Maybe that's because you were looking at the 2. Bundesliga relegation playoffs, haha... :P 

Yeah and they had Werder lined up playing a 3 Bundesliga side. But yeah, it is indeed the 2. Bundesliga relegation playoffs. Anyway, good luck on the 2nd of July and enjoy todays great escape.:congrats::dunce:

Well what about that then! Holy shit, that is how you do a final day escape haha. Well, not an excape but some reprieve at least! 

I was really annoyed watching Bremen these last few weeks, especially in the last game which was a complete mess. I was sure today wasn’t going to matter. I did not expect Bremen to step up and didn’t think Düsseldorf were going to bottle it. I’m really happy for @nudge & @Devil-Dick Willie . I really hope they have a little bit more in the tank and win these play off games. I’ll be wearing something green in support 😉

It goes without saying that I’m sending huge commiserations to @Tommy. Gutted for you mate, it’s a bloody shame it had to be clubs that members of this forum support that were fighting it to the death. Hopefully your team bounces straight back up next year man 🤞

• The topic was unpinned

Archived