Wigan vs Blackburn

Sunday 28th June, 2020
Bristol City vs Sheff Weds, 12.00
Nottingham Forest vs Huddersfield, 14.15

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28st June @Stan;)

Anyhow, can't ask for two bigger games this week in Brentford vs. West Brom and Preston vs. Cardiff. Massive games that could arguably decide where the teams involved could end up come the end of the season. 

A win for Brentford gives them a chance of the automatic positions again, while a win for us would put us in 6th.

There may be another important game there but can't think what match it is. 

• The title was changed to Football League 2019/20 - 26-28th June, 2020
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

28st June @Stan;)

Anyhow, can't ask for two bigger games this week in Brentford vs. West Brom and Preston vs. Cardiff. Massive games that could arguably decide where the teams involved could end up come the end of the season. 

A win for Brentford gives them a chance of the automatic positions again, while a win for us would put us in 6th.

Haha got the notification for this topic and my first thought 'ah shit what have I done wrong here' before I opened it xD 

Yep, huge game especially your one given the points you're both on and surrounding teams. 

I think Brentford will beat WBA but even if they don't, they're still secure in the play-offs as everyone below them, including yourselves, will still have to plug away at getting the points. 

Literally anyone from 6-12th all vying for one play-off spot. One thing I love about the Championship is that it rarely fails to entertain at this stage of the season when it comes to those positions.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

28st June @Stan;)

Seeing as @Bluebird Hewitt has covered the two big games, I'm not really sure what else I can add to that other than all eyes on Warnock having his first game for Middlesbrough.

What a weekend for Leeds - a win and they are 10 points clear with a big GD on that.

Win this weekend and it's likely they are secured an automatic promotion spot and @Lucas is just so much closer to a weekend+ of massively over drinking in celebration.

1 hour ago, Eco said:

What a weekend for Leeds - a win and they are 10 points clear with a big GD on that.

Win this weekend and it's likely they are secured an automatic promotion spot and @Lucas is just so much closer to a weekend+ of massively over drinking in celebration.

If we win tomorrow, we'll be 10pts clear of Fulham BUT, Brentford are 8pts behind currently so if they win we'll have only gained a point extra.

Ideally, we could do with Brentford drawing tonight and us winning. But the main thing is we take care of our own and beat Fulham.

The nerves will be kicking in if we don't get 3pts tomorrow.

What I will say is that back in March just before the break, I bought a bottle of bubbly just in case it was happening. If not, my missus can have the lot.

It is sat there looking at me waiting to be opened but until it's confirmed, it won't be popped.

This is a massive game, could well define the end of the season. If we win tonight we move to 5 points behind West Brom, if Fulham lose tomorrow then we jump to third, if Fulham win there’s only 5 points between us and Leeds as well as West Brom. If we don’t win tonight then I do think the automatics will be a stretch

Love the BeeTogether message, you Bees

What a fucking win, reduced West Brom to barely anything. Played the game perfectly, Ethan Pinnock has ran the defence today. Dominated the backline in the same way he did against Leeds at home, that is the difference between this team and previous as we’d probably have drawn this in other seasons

Automatics is on

I don't think it helps Sky keeping making us play after everyone else, as opposed to before but obviously it's not an ideal result from our point of view.

That said, if we do our job tomorrow, tonight's result suddenly looks better than what it does now.

Don't be cunts Leeds please. Not now.

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't think it helps Sky keeping making us play after everyone else, as opposed to before but obviously it's not an ideal result from our point of view.

That said, if we do our job tomorrow, tonight's result suddenly looks better than what it does now.

Don't be cunts Leeds please. Not now.

There’s two automatic spots though...I think if either of you two were to worry about dropping it’s West Brom but I’ll take either

Not sure what I think is an ideal result tomorrow, if you beat Fulham then you’re ahead of us but we’re two points ahead of them. If you draw it’s 6 points between us and we only have a point ahead of Fulham...if you lose we’re back to 4th

I guess a draw is the best option but Fulham can’t win 

Well nothing is going to wipe this smile off my face tonight.

What you saw today was the difference been Marcelo Bielsa and Scott Parker.

First half, absolutely unbearable to watch. Lucky to go in 1-0. Couldn't string passes together. Fulham had the bit between their teeth.

Second half, Bielsa made two HT subs and tweaked the system. Pablo Hernandez came on, got a grip of the game and when we got the 2nd, it killed it. 

Fulham looked knackered at the end, which shows the difference in fitness levels of the two sides and what makes us a relentless side in this division.

Massive three points and it looks pretty sweet right now but we must follow this up Tuesday night.

P.S Mitrovic is a dirty bastard and I look forward to seeing him banned by the EFL with a minimum 3 match ban, possibly more.

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

First half, absolutely unbearable to watch. Lucky to go in 1-0. Couldn't string passes together. Fulham had the bit between their teeth.

Second half, Bielsa made two HT subs and tweaked the system. Pablo Hernandez came on, got a grip of the game and when we got the 2nd, it killed it. 

Fulham looked knackered at the end, which shows the difference in fitness levels of the two sides and what makes us a relentless side in this division.

Massive three points and it looks pretty sweet right now but we must follow this up Tuesday night.

P.S Mitrovic is a dirty bastard and I look forward to seeing him banned by the EFL with a minimum 3 match ban, possibly more.

I know it’d be better for us to see you lose as you have an easy run in now much like us...but Fulham will struggle to get back from this and I expect them to drop points. Especially if Mitro is suspended, against us they had nothing other than crosses to him.

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Just catching up on today's events...congrats mate!!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived