talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2023 Women's World Cup Hosts

football forum

26 minutes ago, CityTheBest said:

It's probably safer than northern England and that has hosted a Women's Euro's.

Colombia is in the top twenty  for murders. 25 times more than the UK.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Spike said:

Colombia is in the top twenty  for murders. 25 times more than the UK.

I'd like to know how many of those are in the northern and Andean parts of the country.

I'm willing to bet the crime is in places like Buenaventura, Cucuta, Valle del Cauca and La Guajira. Either on the west Guerrila-full part of the country or on the border with conflicted Venezuela.

Go to Bogota, Medellin, Barranquilla and even parts of Cali and it's completely normal like any other country. The numbers are inflated by the most isolated regions of the country which a World Cup wouldn't be touching. 

Not only that but Colombia has a massive population. 2nd biggest in South America.

Anyways I looked it up in case I was missing anything.

Colombia has 3 cities in the top 50 for murders. Cali has the most murders which is definitely an avoid in that case. However, the other 2 on the list are Cucuta (on the border with Venezuela) and Palmira (again, in the west). 

If we're looking at the top 25 countries for murders, let me raise you that Brazil and Mexico are above Colombia. Former who has hosted the 2014 World Cup and just recently the U17's. Latter has had 2 World Cups, a youth World Cup and is getting a 3rd senior World Cup. They suffer the same issue as Colombia where some regions are terrible and the others are like any other country, though their big cities do get it worse overall and also have a bigger population.

This is all in argument to FIFA's flawed and hypocritical logic. Do I think Australia deserved it? Absolutely. What I DON'T think is that Colombia should have been written off because of "safety".

Just now, Mpache said:

I'd like to know how many of those are in the northern and Andean parts of the country.

I'm willing to bet the crime is in places like Buenaventura, Cucuta, Valle del Cauca and La Guajira. Either on the west Guerrila-full part of the country or on the border with conflicted Venezuela.

Go to Bogota, Medellin, Barranquilla and even parts of Cali and it's completely normal like any other country. The numbers are inflated by the most isolated regions of the country which a World Cup wouldn't be touching. 

Not only that but Colombia has a massive population. 2nd biggest in South America.

Anyways I looked it up in case I was missing anything.

Colombia has 3 cities in the top 50 for murders. Cali has the most murders which is definitely an avoid in that case. However, the other 2 on the list are Cucuta (on the border with Venezuela) and Palmira (again, in the west). 

If we're looking at the top 25 countries for murders, let me raise you that Brazil and Mexico are above Colombia. Former who has hosted the 2014 World Cup and just recently the U17's. Latter has had 2 World Cups, a youth World Cup and is getting a 3rd senior World Cup. They suffer the same issue as Colombia where some regions are terrible and the others are like any other country, though their big cities do get it worse overall and also have a bigger population.

This is all in argument to FIFA's flawed and hypocritical logic. Do I think Australia deserved it? Absolutely. What I DON'T think is that Colombia should have been written off because of "safety".

Fuck Brazil and Mexico, tbqh. Two nukes wasted on Japan.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Fuck Brazil and Mexico, tbqh. Two nukes wasted on Japan.

Regarding that, I mentioned Mexico is only really dangerous in some areas (mostly the cartel driven ones like Sinaloa and Baja California) and places like Mexico City or Cancun are totally normal but do have their fair share of crime.

Brazil is dangerous everywhere though. When I went to Rio Branco, I was assuming it would be a sleepy town but that doesn't exist in Brazil it appears. Everywhere is just as dangerous. Rio Branco I think is the 4th most dangerous city there and the 27th in the world.

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Regarding that, I mentioned Mexico is only really dangerous in some areas (mostly the cartel driven ones like Sinaloa and Baja California) and places like Mexico City or Cancun are totally normal but do have their fair share of crime.

Brazil is dangerous everywhere though. When I went to Rio Branco, I was assuming it would be a sleepy town but that doesn't exist in Brazil it appears. Everywhere is just as dangerous. Rio Branco I think is the 4th most dangerous city there and the 27th in the world.

I don't think either place should host a cup. I imagine Argentina and Uruguay are safer? I'd wager that Peru and Bolivia would be safer as well but the climate would negate any chance of hosting. South Africa shouldn't have hosted as well, though I suppose they handled it well. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I don't think either place should host a cup. I imagine Argentina and Uruguay are safer? I'd wager that Peru and Bolivia would be safer as well but the climate would negate any chance of hosting. South Africa shouldn't have hosted as well, though I suppose they handled it well. 

That's fair, my argument was going to FIFA's flawed and hypocritical logic though!

If Colombia is too dangerous to host a cup, then what does that make of some previous places that have hosted?

Just now, Mpache said:

That's fair, my argument was going to FIFA's flawed and hypocritical logic though!

If Colombia is too dangerous to host a cup, then what does that make of some previous places that have hosted?

Better at bribes

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Toinho said:

Maybe we could turn this into the Women's World Cup thread and merge with the new thread in the Qatar forum? @Stan 

Which new thread? 

Archived