Last FA Cup Fixture
Leicester
1-0 Birmingham

Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

No Maddison in the lineup or bench. Must be injured? 

Ndidi, Youri, Praet is a good midfield. 

Like that Perez and Barnes are in supporting Vardy too. 

• Administrator

Kasper :x

Kept us in the game at the moment but we should have also done better finishing or creating chances. Doing well getting in behind and moving forward which is a total contrast to last 2 games. 

Much better from us. 

Nice to get the win but Barkley needs to learn how to pass the ball so a player can keep his momentum running forward rather than expecting him to stop, track back and then move forward again... well taken goal though... 

Lampard desperately trying to turn Kante into the Mak. Still not a fan but we look better defensively. 

Good in game management from him with the half time changes. Barkley is a clown in the third. Decision making worse than Willian’s. xD

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Leicester really struggling since the restart. Looking at their fixtures they don't have a nice run in either. Could potentially drop out the top 4 here which would be a disaster from the position they were in. 

It's a worrying realistic possibility. 

We just lack our ruthlessness and creativity. Think if Maddison plays that we score in first half. 

We're in a rut. Need to snap out of it. 

Reece James was probably one of the worst performers for us that first half and was rightly pulled off. This wasn't just an isolated performance for me though as it highlighted the area of his game that he needs to improve most and that's in defence. He's been very good for us in general since coming onto the scene but he needs to improve defensively for me, his ceiling is potentially very high so it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Also, some players that have come in for criticism from myself and others this season seemed to have picked up their performances, I'm talking about Willian, Barkley and Azpilicueta. Let's hope it continues. I was very happy to see Azpilicueta come on and was thinking 'go and sort them out' when I saw him waiting to go on. Ivanovic's performances really petered out as he got older for us and it was definitely looking like Dave's career was going the same way, I'm hoping to see Azpilicueta continue his recent good performances.

• The title was changed to FA Cup Quarter-Final - Leicester 0-1 Chelsea - Sunday 28th June, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Just further proof that we're absolutely shot to shit and I frankly have hit the point where I'd be gobsmacked if we made the top 4, rather than the other way round. It's an absolutely abject collapse and if we do it this season is going to be looked back on as a real, real fuck up - to be in such a brilliant position and end up with nothing would be appalling but the longer it goes on, the longer it becomes clear to me that this is the likely outcome.

Thought the line-up today was much better and we started the better of the two sides, had the better of the first half overall but the fact of the matter is we didn't really force many saves from Caballero, I remember one from distance from Tielemans but that's about it. Chelsea were there for the taking and we didn't capitalise. Was pretty obvious to me at half time who was going to go on and win.

I am becoming increasingly negative about us because I keep getting proven right to be. This team has so little fight it's pathetic. Chilwell laughing and joking at the end just sums up the lack of fight and desire we have. He should be absolutely fuming after that but he could barely give a shit. I'd happily just sell him at this point, his head's clearly not at Leicester anymore.

It went pretty much how I thought it would go really. I didn't have that same desire for this one with the possibility of winning it behind closed doors, which to me totally kills that special moment, but in truth it's pretty obvious we're absolutely miles away from being good enough to win anything anyway.

Our last 7 games goals for are 0, 0, 0, 4, 1, 0 & 0. 5 goals in 7 games and 4 of them came in one game against an abject Villa side.

Questions have to be asked of the manager and players at this point. This is revolting from us. It's only heading one way.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

It's a worrying realistic possibility. 

We just lack our ruthlessness and creativity. Think if Maddison plays that we score in first half. 

We're in a rut. Need to snap out of it. 

Not convinced to be honest. He's as guilty as plenty of them. Ricardo is obviously a very big miss and for me is our best player. The wide options are just terrible. An inconsistent, inexperienced Barnes is our best winger. Perez isn't good enough, Gray isn't good enough, Albrighton isn't good enough anymore.

The most worrying thing to me Stan is I feel like the more the pressure comes on us the worse we'll get. I would be amazed if we turned this round now.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Stan said:

That's fvcking annoying. Such an easy goal to prevent but Chilwell gets absolutely no help to block the cross. 

I know I've slaughtered Chilwell here but people blaming him for that don't understand football. Barnes is more at fault than Chilwell there.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Lampard desperately trying to turn Kante into the Mak. Still not a fan but we look better defensively. 

Good in game management from him with the half time changes. Barkley is a clown in the third. Decision making worse than Willian’s. xD

That chance at the end where he cocked a pass up, got the ball back then shot rather than played Pedro in was unbelievable. I think I said "2-0" as soon as he got the ball and he somehow twice managed to fuck it up.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

Not convinced to be honest. He's as guilty as plenty of them. Ricardo is obviously a very big miss and for me is our best player. The wide options are just terrible. An inconsistent, inexperienced Barnes is our best winger. Perez isn't good enough, Gray isn't good enough, Albrighton isn't good enough anymore.

The most worrying thing to me Stan is I feel like the more the pressure comes on us the worse we'll get. I would be amazed if we turned this round now.

It makes me slightly worry for next season if we do qualify for Europe (be it CL or EL). Our calendar will face a similar pattern of games every 3-4 days and right now we'll have to buy a hell of a lot of players. Maybe the second coming of Silva and Slimani will save us xD

4 hours ago, Dan said:

That chance at the end where he cocked a pass up, got the ball back then shot rather than played Pedro in was unbelievable. I think I said "2-0" as soon as he got the ball and he somehow twice managed to fuck it up.

That 4 on 2 counter attack I thought was definitely game over as well. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

It makes me slightly worry for next season if we do qualify for Europe (be it CL or EL). Our calendar will face a similar pattern of games every 3-4 days and right now we'll have to buy a hell of a lot of players. Maybe the second coming of Silva and Slimani will save us xD

That 4 on 2 counter attack I thought was definitely game over as well. 

You never know - you've got to question the fitness to be honest, we had an extra two days rest on Chelsea and they looked far sharper.

I do think this five subs rule definitely benefits the bigger clubs. Our bench is frequently so uninspiring and it does point to that lack of depth we have.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

You never know - you've got to question the fitness to be honest, we had an extra two days rest on Chelsea and they looked far sharper.

I do think this five subs rule definitely benefits the bigger clubs. Our bench is frequently so uninspiring and it does point to that lack of depth we have.

Not in the first 15-20. They gifted us some openings but we screwed up. 

Archived