talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Win The Premier League!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to see Henderson lift it tbh. Even years after he finally came good, he got so much shit from so many people that simply refused to believe that he had progressed on (pretty significantly) as a player until fairly recently when it's been really difficult to ignore just how important he is for us.

The added bonus that it'll irritate people seeing Henderson lift the trophy above his head really makes it all the more sweeter.

Christ, I love Jurgen Klopp. What a man, he has changed this football club. The absolute perfect fit for us, love the man so much. 

These players too, done us all so proud. A bunch of lads from all over the globe, yet they come together and fight alongside each other like brothers. Love them all, and they deserve all the praise that they will get. Hope they get absolutely hammered tonight cause they fucking earned it. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Can't wait to see Henderson lift it tbh. Even years after he finally came good, he got so much shit from so many people that simply refused to believe that he had progressed on (pretty significantly) as a player until fairly recently when it's been really difficult to ignore just how important he is for us.

The added bonus that it'll irritate people seeing Henderson lift the trophy above his head really makes it all the more sweeter.

I think he is a great player tbh, just a wanker xD

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I think he is a great player tbh, just a wanker xD

Yeah that wasn't necessarily directed at you, even though you said you don't want to see him lift it. And there's plenty of players I've felt the same about, great player... I just don't like them because of some other reason.

But I think for a lot of Liverpool fans, seeing Henderson lift it will be really really great because he's a player that when he first joined us... a lot of people really hated him, even Liverpool fans. And he was a bit shite when he first joined. But we've also seen him grow pretty massively as a player. And he's suffered through some really disappointing moments as a Liverpool player.

So for him now to be a key player and captain as we finally end this title drought is pretty special. Especially as I'd probably say he's our club's Player of the Year.

They won this six-eight months ago in all honesty so it’s just been a case of when it finally happened not if it happened so it did become a bit boring for the neutral but on the other side of that coin, Liverpool have been utterly relentless and ruthless, sweeping teams aside without ever really looking like they broke sweat. 

183 points from a possible 206 since August 18 is absolutely ridiculous and they deserve to be recognised in the same bracket as Man United 98-99 and Arsenal’s Invincibles side. 

29 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Took Dortmund from upper mid-table to consecutive titles including a double, then a CL final. 

Took Liverpool from upper mid-table to European and English champions.

If you ask me Klopp is comfortably the best manager of the last decade. 

Very true, but don't forget the amazing success he had earlier in his career as well, when he was manager of Mainz. He got Mainz promoted to the Bundesliga for the very first time in the clubs history in the 2003/04 season. Despite being on a very low budget, he really helped to turn Mainz into a very respectable club side. He's a top class manager in my book.

Seeing as there has been no congratulations yet from anyone connected with Manchester clubs, I'd just like to say a big congratulations on behalf of them because I know they'll be absolutely buzzing for you.

23 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Seeing as there has been no congratulations yet from anyone connected with Manchester clubs, I'd just like to say a big congratulations on behalf of them because I know they'll be absolutely buzzing for you.

Lol they have been quiet 😂

As a long-time Everton ‘supporter’ - my cousins supported Liverpool avidly so it stems from a rivalry - I’m happy for Liverpool. They strongly deserve it and have easily been the best overall team in the Prem this season. Congrats to all.

• Subscriber

I am so incredibly jealous right now. 

I just can’t imagine what a feeling this must be. The meteoric rise under Klopp. The football you play. The achievements of the last year.

Obviously you’re a massive football club and this should be expected of you. But to go 30 years without a league title. To win a CL and then the league back to back. To absolute tear apart the competition and win it so convincingly. What an incredible feeling this must be. The sort of moments and the shared unity you have across the city, across the fanbase - those euphoric feelings and occasions that really emphasise to yourself why you love football and why you love your club.

Just enjoy it lads. It was heartbreaking to see you lift the CL last year. In some ways it’s heartbreaking to see what Klopp has done to your side considering where we both were a few years ago and what could have been for us.

But this is fully deserved. One of the best PL teams of all time. The only one that is really doing the league justice right now. Even if this isn’t the way anybody wants to win it - that feeling I’ve seen all over her, social media and the tv shows that it doesn’t matter how you win it, it’s just so important that you have. 

Well done to you all on here. We may disagree at times but you’re all top lads and deserve the success. 

Archived