• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Win The Premier League!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
54 minutes ago, Mpache said:

This post will piss people off, but it is quite similar to Liverpool's situation.

I was lucky enough to be in Peru when we qualified for our first World Cup in 36 years. There was chanting on the streets, car honking and fireworks even up until 4 AM. People were partying til day time.

I don't know if the Covid situation will allow that this time, but had that didn't happen, I would have expected the same from the people of Liverpool. Heck, maybe it did actually happen! It was a special feeling and I had never lived such celebrations like the one in late 2017. Football truly is a family.

48 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Did you even read my third paragraph xD

I would suspect at least car honking could have happened, since that isn't to do with social distancing.

I did but it's still incomparable. Liverpool fans don't have a choice here - they were out on the streets but technically not allowed to gather like that (I don't blame them for doing so, mind, I probably would have been the same and wanted to celebrate).

But your obsession with mentioning Peru every single time got the better of you here. You had nothing restricting your celebrations when you qualified, literally free to celebrate how you wanted. Most/some Liverpool fans don't have that choice!

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

I did but it's still incomparable. Liverpool fans don't have a choice here - they were out on the streets but technically not allowed to gather like that (I don't blame them for doing so, mind, I probably would have been the same and wanted to celebrate).

But your obsession with mentioning Peru every single time got the better of you here. You had nothing restricting your celebrations when you qualified, literally free to celebrate how you wanted. Most/some Liverpool fans don't have that choice!

It's comparable in the sense that I've also seen my team end their drought on something we wanted a lot.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Milner is one my favourite players, and I know he'll win the PL as captain of Leeds in 2038.

He might be in his physical prime by then.

Milner’s boss though. Probably our best ever free transfer signing.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Milner is one my favourite players, and I know he'll win the PL as captain of Leeds in 2038.

I'm hoping we'll be making it three on the trot by then mate xD

3 hours ago, Mpache said:

This post will piss people off, but it is quite similar to Liverpool's situation.

I was lucky enough to be in Peru when we qualified for our first World Cup in 36 years. There was chanting on the streets, car honking and fireworks even up until 4 AM. People were partying til day time.

I don't know if the Covid situation will allow that this time, but had that didn't happen, I would have expected the same from the people of Liverpool. Heck, maybe it did actually happen! It was a special feeling and I had never lived such celebrations like the one in late 2017. Football truly is a family.

We’ve gotten to have fans celebrate, go google what it was like around Anfield last night. I’m from just across the Mersey and all of my friends back home who are Liverpool fans were out there at some point last night.

The most shite thing for me is the fans don’t get to be in the stadium the next time we play at Anfield and we don’t know when the parade will be. If we won the league I was planning to fly back for the parade, now I don’t know when that will be or even if I’ll be able to.

I’ve still been celebrating like a lunatic regardless. Honestly after so many false dawns, this just feels surreal. FaceTiming my brother (who went out last night and partied in the streets like I’d have loved to) was great. And my dad was just emotional as fuck because he’d seen us be great before but I think he might have thought we’d never see us win the league again.

Despite all the covidity in the world, this has been probably one of the greatest feelings I’ve ever experienced. And I used to have a cocaine addiction.

Wtf I love 2020 now

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’ve gotten to have fans celebrate, go google what it was like around Anfield last night. I’m from just across the Mersey and all of my friends back home who are Liverpool fans were out there at some point last night.

The most shite thing for me is the fans don’t get to be in the stadium the next time we play at Anfield and we don’t know when the parade will be. If we won the league I was planning to fly back for the parade, now I don’t know when that will be or even if I’ll be able to.

I’ve still been celebrating like a lunatic regardless. Honestly after so many false dawns, this just feels surreal. FaceTiming my brother (who went out last night and partied in the streets like I’d have loved to) was great. And my dad was just emotional as fuck because he’d seen us be great before but I think he might have thought we’d never see us win the league again.

Despite all the covidity in the world, this has been probably one of the greatest feelings I’ve ever experienced. And I used to have a cocaine addiction.

Wtf I love 2020 now

My dad would have loved to see us win the league again. he died in 2018 :(

He will be celebrating up above though.

• Administrator

Is this a joke?! Setting their own buildings on fire as part of their celebrations? I've seen videos of fireworks aimed at the building as well. Fucking imbeciles whoever did that. 

• Subscriber

Just bitter Everton and United fans wearing Liverpool shirts doing it to make them look bad. Nothing to see here.

A panel will meet tomorrow to discuss the Liver Building's retrospective two match ban after the referee failed to book it for diving.

:ph34r:

Embarrassing behaviour. I suppose this is what happens when people have used it as an excuse to go out and drink most of the day though.

Also on the whole gatherings and social distancing thing, people really do think things are basically back to normal now don't they? Not just this but beaches etc. People quite rightly pointed out about the Atletico game in March and the fact it shouldn't have gone ahead (this was when deaths were still in single figures if I'm not mistaken) but will go out and gather like this. Can't get my head around it to be honest. 

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Embarrassing behaviour. I suppose this is what happens when people have used it as an excuse to go out and drink most of the day though.

Also on the whole gatherings and social distancing thing, people really do think things are basically back to normal now don't they? Not just this but beaches etc. People quite rightly pointed out about the Atletico game in March and the fact it shouldn't have gone ahead (this was when deaths were still in single figures if I'm not mistaken) but will go out and gather like this. Can't get my head around it to be honest. 

I’ve been on twitter this morning and it’s genuinely laughable. Apparently, not a single ‘real red’ was causing any trouble or anything and it was all Everton fans, mancs who infiltrated the celebrations or ‘bad wools’ from Birkenhead. I just don’t get it. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Just bitter Everton and United fans wearing Liverpool shirts doing it to make them look bad. Nothing to see here.

A panel will meet tomorrow to discuss the Liver Building's retrospective two match ban after the referee failed to book it for diving.

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ve been on twitter this morning and it’s genuinely laughable. Apparently, not a single ‘real red’ was causing any trouble or anything and it was all Everton fans, mancs who infiltrated the celebrations or ‘bad wools’ from Birkenhead. I just don’t get it. 

Rando called it tbf xD

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

not really surprising. The internet is full of people who see no wrong in their own club or fanbase. I'm ashamed.

Everyone should still be talking about this great Liverpool side and what they've achieved. Instead we'll just have this thrown at us now.

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

not really surprising. The internet is full of people who see no wrong in their own club or fanbase. I'm ashamed.

Everyone should still be talking about this great Liverpool side and what they've achieved. Instead we'll just have this thrown at us now.

yeah we will. When it was BLM protesters gathering though it was 'understandable' apparently?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Rando called it tbf xD

Like most fanbases, painfully predictable.

You'll notice on Twitter that the Liverpool fans who actually put at least part of their own name to their Twitter account will condemn the people being dickheads then the ones who have generic names based on Klopp or a player of The Kop or whatever are the ones pretending it was an accident or not Liverpool fans. 

Standard Twitter really. Hide behind anonymity so that you can have as many shit takes as you want and never had it linked to your real identity.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

The problem is, it’ll be used as an excuse to fuck your parade over. We always knew people would gather, and that would have been the same for every club on earth. However, setting of flares at a building because it turned blue is ridiculous, as is carte blanche “it’s out of towners, not real scousers”. There’s Barry Fuckwits in every town and city the length and breadth of the country. Why does being born in L1 or M1 give fans this superiority complex?

Archived