• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Brighton 0-3 Man Utd - Tuesday 30th June, 2020

Recommended Posts

Kick-off 20.15

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p     VS     220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Head to Head
Brighton - 3
Draws - 5
Man Utd - 14

Reverse Fixture
Man Utd 3-1 Brighton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, guys, this is not Norwich, stop saying to yourselves "Piece of piss this one, we will win easy..."    :whistling: :coffee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fernandes goal via a heavy deflection.

That VAR check for the offside was quick!

De Gea has had nothing to do all game so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ball went out as well in the build up too for Fernandes' goalxD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That third goal was phenomenal, Matic's pass was beautiful. Seems to be hitting form again, so weird how he seems to drop in and out. On his day he is up there with the very best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sighs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright I'll say it. Solskjaer is putting in the building blocks to create the closest thing to "Fergie's United" that we're likely to see in this era of football. I can now actually see them challenging for the title with him as manager. It's the most exciting Man Utd team to watch in a decade and you can't fail to be impressed at the way young players such as Rashford, McTominay, Williams and Greenwood continue to come through the academy and operate at least as squad players for them, along with other long-term investments like Dan James and Wan Bissaka. Obviously, they rely heavily on expensive signings as well, Pogba, Maguire, Fernandes, Martial, but every team does and it's coming together for them.

Everywhere you look in that team in the second half of this season, young players are improving and more experienced players are returning to form and refining their game. This is a team to watch over the next 2-3 years. They definitely need a new goalkeeper and probably a more consistent partner for Maguire to be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they're on the way back up and after the pressure Solskjaer was under it's stark contrast to how they are now. The signing of Bruno Fernandes seems to have been the catalyst since January for their form anyway. 

Whether they challenge for the title in the next few years I'm not so sure. Man City and Liverpool are still streets ahead but depends how their transfer business goes in the next few years. More signings like Bruno Fernandes that make a huge difference in short space of time and possibly. 

The youth/youngsters they have is very promising for them; still some deadwood around the club though. Rashford, Greenwood, James, Martial, Fernandes, Wan-Bissaka all under 25 still so there's some longevity there if they stick around. McTominay, Dalot, Williams all still young as well to develop. The deadwood though is shocking - Lingard, Young, Jones, Bailly, Rojo, Smalling all need selling and probably will this summer perhaps?

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Lingard, Young, Jones, Bailly, Rojo, Smalling all need selling and probably will this summer perhaps?

Young's gone to Inter with an option to extend for another season and smalling want's to stay at Roma but I think there is a bit of haggling over a price for selling him permanently thanks to a big dick head called Woodward, just get rid of him I say.

I agree with all the other deadwood you mentioned especially bloody Lingard, get rid of him asp and don't play him anywhere in the side if Pogba is playing, all Lingard would be interested in doing is trying to get Pogba to dance with him on the pitch

I am still 50-50 about Pogba, he reminds me of Rooney later on in years where United kept giving him new contracts with more dosh to make him stay, just tell Pogba to fuck off with new contracts and do your bit or fuck off for good, young McTominay is doing all right and he would fill in the hole if Pogba left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No surprise they go up in quality when they're no longer relying on Perreira and Dan James playing every week. Still think they are a LB and maybe another proper CB away from being a serious team, but their current front 6 is very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stan said:

 

The youth/youngsters they have is very promising for them; still some deadwood around the club though. Rashford, Greenwood, James, Martial, Fernandes, Wan-Bissaka all under 25 still so there's some longevity there if they stick around. McTominay, Dalot, Williams all still young as well to develop. The deadwood though is shocking - Lingard, Young, Jones, Bailly, Rojo, Smalling all need selling and probably will this summer perhaps?

  

Young already gone. Smalling on loan and will be gone. Lingard is basically shop window material now. Jones has been banished mostly to the reserves. Bailly is decent squad rotation material. Rojo on loan and won’t be coming back. 
 

I’d say he’s dealing with it admirably. Needs to slide Hannibal Mjebri slowly into the squad next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

No surprise they go up in quality when they're no longer relying on Perreira and Dan James playing every week. Still think they are a LB and maybe another proper CB away from being a serious team, but their current front 6 is very good. 

Shaw is more than capable when he puts his mind to it. Williams isn’t even a LB by trade, but looks decent in the position for a young kid who’s right footed. Like a young Denis Irwin. His attitude is first class as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Young already gone. Smalling on loan and will be gone. Lingard is basically shop window material now. Jones has been banished mostly to the reserves. Bailly is decent squad rotation material. Rojo on loan and won’t be coming back. 
 

I’d say he’s dealing with it admirably. Needs to slide Hannibal Mjebri slowly into the squad next season. 

Yeah I meant permanently but Ole has clearly recognised there's no use for them in the current squad/direction.

Forgot to mention Chong as well.

Williams is a bright talent. Like Saka at Arsenal. Good youth player that's come through the ranks and settled in well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Shaw is more than capable when he puts his mind to it. Williams isn’t even a LB by trade, but looks decent in the position for a young kid who’s right footed. Like a young Denis Irwin. His attitude is first class as well.

Yeah, I just think you can do better than Shaw although as you say you can get away with him for the time being. I suppose waiting to see if Williams can attain to the level required would make more sense than splurging big on that position. I do think you will require some dynamism from your LB as AWB will be your RB for years to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement