talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thiago Alcantara - Signs for Liverpool

• Subscriber

In the last week or two theres been alot of rumours circulating about an exit this summer. Sportbild first broke it so I didnt pay much attention, Bild has followed up with an article claming hes bid farewell to his teammates. Kicker is claiming we are looking for €60-80m for him. The ball is definitely in his court, 1 year left on his contract. I want to say around a month or two ago reports where he was close to a contract extension but something changed and hes reportedly thinking about moving onto a new club for one last challenge. Its definitely all speculation at this point so we'll see how this develops anyways.

Id love him to stay and finish his career here but I respect his decision either way. I would imagine Barca would be interested? who else would be a good fit?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/06/2020 at 19:22, Viva la FCB said:

In the last week or two theres been alot of rumours circulating about an exit this summer. Sportbild first broke it so I didnt pay much attention, Bild has followed up with an article claming hes bid farewell to his teammates. Kicker is claiming we are looking for €60-80m for him. The ball is definitely in his court, 1 year left on his contract. I want to say around a month or two ago reports where he was close to a contract extension but something changed and hes reportedly thinking about moving onto a new club for one last challenge. Its definitely all speculation at this point so we'll see how this develops anyways.

Id love him to stay and finish his career here but I respect his decision either way. I would imagine Barca would be interested? who else would be a good fit?

Klopp and Liverpool are apparently very interested. But seeing as they thought that £53 million for Werner was too much money for them, I am not sure that they will cough up the £72 million Bayern are asking for Thiago Alcantara. Thiago is world class though, so I can see several of the bigger clubs gaining interest in him over the summer.

25 minutes ago, Michael said:

Klopp and Liverpool are apparently very interested. But seeing as they thought that £53 million for Werner was too much money for them, I am not sure that they will cough up the £72 million Bayern are asking for Thiago Alcantara. Thiago is world class though, so I can see several of the bigger clubs gaining interest in him over the summer.

Timo Werner would be a rotation option and Thiago would be a starter; that is the difference I assume

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He needs to avoid the premier league then

You are thinking of Rugby Union

PS: You can do better than that, I'm not even English ya dumb prick as if I'd care. xD

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

You are thinking of Rugby Union

PS: You can do better than that, I'm not even English ya dumb prick as if I'd care. xD

But farmers would significantly improve the quality of the A-league. Farmers are industrious, hard working and need some level of coordination. 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

But farmers would significantly improve the quality of the A-league. Farmers are industrious, hard working and need some level of coordination. 

Haven't watched the A-League in five years :farmer: Keep trying, you'll hit gold eventually.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Haven't watched the A-League in five years :farmer: Keep trying, you'll hit gold eventually.

Well if he played in the .... whatever the fuck the american 'soccer' league is called he'd just be bought back to Europe because they can't have good players for more than a season

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Well if he played in the .... whatever the fuck the american 'soccer' league is called he'd just be bought back to Europe because they can't have good players for more than a season

I saw Bastian Schweinsteiger play in a stadium smaller than a high school's.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Michael said:

I could see Pool being a fantastic fit, thats a good shout. I dont think money would be a stumbling block though, if he wants an exit and they see him as a need there im sure theres a deal to be done. 

16 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I could see Pool being a fantastic fit, thats a good shout. I do think money would be a stumbling block though, if he wants an exit and they see him as a need there im sure theres a deal to be done. 

Don't think 'Pool can afford Thiago, League One isn't very lucaritve.

On 30/06/2020 at 18:21, Viva la FCB said:

I could see Pool being a fantastic fit, thats a good shout. I do think money would be a stumbling block though, if he wants an exit and they see him as a need there im sure theres a deal to be done. 

Yeah, I think he would actually do very well for Liverpool and he's actually that highly creative player that they could do with in midfield. But as we have both suggested, Thiago's transfer fee could be a real issue for Liverpool. They don't seem have a transfer budget as big as Chelsea's for example.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

I have absolutely no interest in spending 40m on Thiago. He’s brilliant, but he’s 29 years old. 

Unless of course that is the sort of signing that keeps Liverpool above the competition and winning multiple leagues in a row.

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Macbook Pro Cunt! said:

Tolisso! Bloody hell, that's desperate. 

Pretty much a rotation option at this point anyways but I think hes looked good at times just had some bad injury luck and hasnt really had any consistent run of form. Cuisance actually looked better with every match he played at the end of the season Id probably rather give him the extra minutes next season. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Pretty much a rotation option at this point anyways but I think hes looked good at times just had some bad injury luck and hasnt really had any consistent run of form. Cuisance actually looked better with every match he played at the end of the season Id probably rather give him the extra minutes next season. 

Cuisance has the potential to be world class, really really promising. I actually think he'd be better off plying his trade for a season or two somewhere else on loan than Bayern. 

1 minute ago, Macbook Pro Cunt! said:

Cuisance has the potential to be world class, really really promising. I actually think he'd be better off plying his trade for a season or two somewhere else on loan than Bayern. 

I agree with this. I liked what I saw when I was watching mostly for Singh. Cuisance also impressed me.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Macbook Pro Cunt! said:

I tend to agree, there just wasnt minutes to be had when fighting from behind for the title most of the season. There where some rumours not too long ago about him going on loan to Bordeaux and one other team mentioned i cant recall.

• The title was changed to Thiago Alcantara - Signs for Liverpool

Archived