talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thiago Alcantara - Signs for Liverpool

On 04/07/2020 at 07:42, Viva la FCB said:

I tend to agree, there just wasnt minutes to be had when fighting from behind for the title most of the season. There where some rumours not too long ago about him going on loan to Bordeaux and one other team mentioned i cant recall.

I agree as well, Bayern should loan him out if they are going to continue to give him limited playing time. He could really develop quicker if he were to go on loan to a club that would give him regular football. I really like Cuisance as well and I sense that he will become a really big player in the not too distant future.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.3511ad71bffc6baf1016f0f96f8b5c12.png

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp warned about £31m Thiago transfer after agreeing on a contract

Liverpool has been heavily linked with a move for Bayern Munich's Thiago Alcantara.

Thiago Alcantara would not be an immediate starter for Liverpool if he joins from Bayern Munich this summer, believes former defender Steve Nicol. The Reds have been heavily linked with a move for the Spaniard.

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge recently admitted that "it seems that he wants to do something new towards the end of his career".

While Rummenigge insisted that there has "definitely" not been any contact with Liverpool, he added: "If he wants to do that, we have to deal with it.

"We don’t want to lose any player next year for free. I can say it that clearly."

It has been widely suggested that the 29-year-old, who has been with Bundesliga champions Bayern since 2013 after joining from Barcelona, is Premier League-bound

Italian journalist Nicolo Schira has even suggested that a four-year contract has been agreed to take Thiago to Merseyside for around £7.2million a year (€8m) Express1047019837_download(5).png.c8a9cfe284d6783695b9914a93b4b33a.png

• 2 weeks later...

All the noise about our interest seems to be coming from the Bayern side. I think that means Bayern want to move him on before he leaves on a free, and we’re his preferred destination.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cfbayern/status/1291629082904592384?s=19

Think we’re only interested if Gini doesn’t sign a new contract and moves on tbh

• Administrator

30m for Thiago is a bargain for what he can bring to a side. Especially in that Liverpool side. Would make them tick even more than they have done for the past 2-3 seasons.

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Stan said:

30m for Thiago is a bargain for what he can bring to a side. Especially in that Liverpool side. Would make them tick even more than they have done for the past 2-3 seasons.

My sentiments exactly. Its a great fit for both parties.

12 hours ago, Cicero said:

I swear since FIFA 17, this signing always happened in any career mode I played. xD

What will the midfield three look like? Thiago/Fabinho/Henderson?

The midfield gets rotated most weeks. And will probably be rotated more so next season

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I can't see us keeping Gini and getting Thiago it doesn't make much sense. Who gets more time in the end? Confusing situation to be in and not one that Klopp might want either.

When you look at the schedule for next season, it makes perfect sense to make sure you have options. 

Rumours are he’s agreed personal terms but we haven’t yet negotiated a fee and Bayern have asked to put that off until after they are done with the CL. Which in all likelihood means after the final.

Dunno if that’s true or not. But pretty exciting to be on the cusp of signing someone that good.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rumours are he’s agreed personal terms but we haven’t yet negotiated a fee and Bayern have asked to put that off until after they are done with the CL. Which in all likelihood means after the final.

Dunno if that’s true or not. But pretty exciting to be on the cusp of signing someone that good.

What a signing if this comes off!! 

He literally ripped Chelsea a new arsehole a few days ago. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What a signing if this comes off!! 

He literally ripped Chelsea a new arsehole a few days ago. 

To be fair that isn't really an accomplishment xD I reckon a few of us after a night on the piss could come close to doing the same

On 16/08/2020 at 23:03, Dr. Gonzo said:

It makes perfect sense that Bayern want to delay any serious negotiations until after the Champions League final. The last thing they want are distractions right now, as they seek to win the Champions League title.

Thiago though looks like he would be a perfect fit at Liverpool. He is one of the few players who could potentially improve that impressive Liverpool midfield.

28 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

rumours Wijnaldum might be off to Barca (gutted). Thiago probably his replacement and I'm guessing this has been known by all parties for a while. 

Be gutted if Gini decides to move on. Thiago signing will be a hell of a replacement mind. 

16 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Here is the question: why the hell are Barcelona not in for Thiago? He's a Barca man and they aren't even keen. He'd be a great signing for them.

They've already bought one expensive, aging midfielder this summer. Do they need another with a scattering injury history?

• The title was changed to Thiago Alcantara - Signs for Liverpool

Archived