talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alternate Universe - Career Edition

football forum

Was talking online with some friends, and we were discussing careers we would have gone for if we HAD to choose another one. My buddies and I all have jobs we enjoy and one's that we have all worked hard at.

But it's an interesting topic nonetheless.

For those that don't know, I'm a Cyber Security Engineer, I used to work for Dell, but now work for a agency. I love what I do as I can work in an office (whenever I want), but work at home.

My answer? It was a tie between Lawyer or Politician (probably both). I love both dearly however with my political ideology, I imagine getting elected in the South would would rather difficult. xD

Anyways, what would you choose if you HAD to do something different.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

When I started out studying for what I really wanted to do I never  thought I'd  get into software or IT architecture I actually wanted to do Civil Engineering as a profession and build houses/buildings/plan cities. I'd spend time at my dads job looking at how they drafted blueprints and laid out structures. When I turned 15 my uncle offered me a summer job working with him on networks for Castol and then I never looked back. Coding came naturally to me so it was easy and now I do something I love. Other options over the years I have seriously contemplated as a profession.

• Architect (mentioned above) not to be confused with IT/Software
  • Luthier - I've take two years of classes for this and I think I'd do well at it but there is no scope for it in India and some of the people here do amazing work but the market is very niche and not rewarding. I may do it in another three years as a hobby and start building guitars but that still remains to be seen.
  •  Recording Studio Technician

8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Eco does it have to be realistic? As within our abilities?

Who cares? You talked about getting chased by a dog in a thread about getting chased by cows. haha

Do both if you wish.

• Subscriber

If I had to start again and choose a new one, I'd go either with automotive/mechanical engineering or artificial intelligence. Most likely with the former, as it has always been one of my passions. 

As for "unrealistic" choice, that would be photojournalism, as it used to be my dream and seemed to be a perfect way to combine doing what I love with performing a useful function.

• The title was changed to Alternate Universe - Career Edition

Archived