talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/2020 - [Relegation Playoffs] - July 2nd & 6th

football forum

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was a bit of a disappointment!

I think that it's pretty much 50/50 for the 2nd leg. Heidenheim will have home advantage, but Werder will have the advantage of having an away goal if they score over there.

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

Heidenheim haven't been much better to be honest, even though they looked the better side in the final few minutes.

Well that's also not expected from them, to be fair. Meanwhile, we are supposed to be the favorites, a 1. Bundesliga club (still), with a squad about 10 times as expensive as that of Heidenheim, playing at home. That was a pathetic display in all aspects, and shows exactly why we're in relegation playoff in the first place. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Well that's also not expected from them, to be fair. Meanwhile, we are supposed to be the favorites, a 1. Bundesliga club (still), with a squad about 10 times as expensive as that of Heidenheim, playing at home. That was a pathetic display in all aspects, and shows exactly why we're in relegation playoff in the first place. 

I have to agree, I honestly felt that Werder would win today. As I have already mentioned, I watched Heidenheim being played off the park by Arminia Bielefeld and I expected Werder to at least get a narrow win today. With all the good players in their team, Werder really should have done better as you have suggested.

Now Werder will also be without their experienced captain and key defender Mosiander for the second leg. They will really have to show an improvement in the return match if they want any chance of remaining in the Bundesliga next season. I think we will really see what they're made of in Heidenheim and if they come short, I don't think that any one of us can have any complaints to be honest. However, I am obviously hoping for the best.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well, not what I was hoping for but all the pressure will be on Heidenheim in the second leg... 

Not sure it will considering Werder are fighting for survival. Still some pressure on them.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

I have to agree, I honestly felt that Werder would win today. As I have already mentioned, I watched Heidenheim being played off the park by Arminia Bielefeld and I expected Werder to at least get a narrow win today. With all the good players in their team, Werder really should have done better as you have suggested.

Now Werder will also be without their experienced captain and key defender Mosiander for the second leg. They will really have to show an improvement in the return match if they want any chance of remaining in the Bundesliga next season. I think we will really see what they're made of in Heidenheim and if they come short, I don't think that any one of us can have any complaints to be honest. However, I am obviously hoping for the best.

The commentator on Prime mentioned that Heidenheim had 15 clean sheets this season and only Bielefeld conceded fewer goals than them, so it's probably safe to say that they are quite sound defensively, and they were well organised today too. Still, we should have done better. Our first shot on goal was on what, 83rd minute?... That's pathetic.

Heidenheim clearly played for 0-0 today, hoping to maybe score on a counter. They will likely be willing to attack more in the second leg, that should open some more spaces for us, hopefully leading to more goal scoring opportunities.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

The commentator on Prime mentioned that Heidenheim had 15 clean sheets this season and only Bielefeld conceded fewer goals than them, so it's probably safe to say that they are quite sound defensively, and they were well organised today too. Still, we should have done better. Our first shot on goal was on what, 83rd minute?... That's pathetic.

Heidenheim clearly played for 0-0 today, hoping to maybe score on a counter. They will likely be willing to attack more in the second leg, that should open some more spaces for us, hopefully leading to more goal scoring opportunities.

Yes, Werder now find themselves in a very precarious situation. Heidenheim will be very hard to break down on their own turf, I think that both sides will no doubt be a bit nervous given what is at stake. The first goal scored could be absolutely crucial but I wouldn't be surprised if it is another very cautious affair. It really is 50/50 the way I see it right now, hopefully Werder pull through. It would be a real shame to see them go down with some of the talented players that they have. It would also be a sad end to Pizarro's career, if they do indeed get relegated.

Fingers crossed that Werder deliver in Heidenheim!

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

About the upcoming match or in general?... xD 

The match. I guess whisky will help with both anyway xD

Good luck. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Absolutely hate that I'll have to miss this match, as I'll be in an interview.

C'mon Bremen, don't fuck this up.

Good luck with the interview!

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Absolutely hate that I'll have to miss this match, as I'll be in an interview.

C'mon Bremen, don't fuck this up.

Good luck mate 

Also missing the match as I'm at my missus (her birthday tomorrow). They don't have BT Sport so I think it'd be a bit rude if I watched it on my phone xD

• Subscriber

EcQnxSDXQAMd7zP?format=jpg&name=large

Friedl replaces Moisander in CB, while Augustinsson starts on the left. Sargent upfront with Rashica and Osako, Fülkrug and Bittencourt on the bench.

Schnatterer starting for Heidenheim is bad news for us.

Looks like a decent line-up with 3 at the back, but Mosiander is sure to be missed to a certain extent at least. However the manager has played it smart going with this formation in this crucial away match. I think that Rashica and Klaassen really need to give big performances today, as their creativity is vital to Bremen. I am obviously happy Augustinsson starts today, I have always been a big fan of his.

Come on Bremen!

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

So what happens in this??? If Bremen win do they stay up or is there another team to play against after that??? 

If we win, we stay up. If we lose, we go down while Heidenheim get promoted. If it's a draw with goals, we stay up due to away goal advantage. If it's a goalless draw, it goes into extra time and eventually penalty shootout!

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

So what happens in this??? If Bremen win do they stay up or is there another team to play against after that??? 

Yes, if Bremen win they stay up and if it is a score draw then Bremen will go through on away goals.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Michael said:

Looks like a decent line-up with 3 at the back, but Mosiander is sure to be missed to a certain extent at least. However the manager has played it smart going with this formation in this crucial away match. I think that Rashica and Klaassen really need to give big performances today, as their creativity is vital to Bremen. I am obviously happy Augustinsson starts today, I have always been a big fan of his.

Come on Bremen!

I hope it's not 3 at the back, but rather a diamond formation with Vogt as a defensive midfielder.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived