The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/2020 - [Relegation Playoffs] - July 2nd & 6th

football forum

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

He's been preferred to Augustinsson for several games this season, which surprises me as I am a big fan of the Swede.

It's the case of choosing mentality over quality... Well deserved, imo. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

It's the case of choosing mentality over quality... Well deserved, imo. 

Friedl does have a great attitude, but is Augustinsson's mentality in question? 

He is usually quite consistent whenever I have watched him play. I wouldn't really blame him too much in the games were Werder have been outclassed this season. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Friedl does have a great attitude, but is Augustinsson's mentality in question? 

He is usually quite consistent whenever I have watched him play. I wouldn't really blame him too much in the games were Werder have been outclassed this season. 

Oh I don't blame him at all, he barely played this season, spent more than two thirds of it injured.

By mentality I mean running one's socks off, going for every ball, tackling hard, playing a bit dirty when needed; the kind of hard fights you see in relegation battle, where it often is more important than individual quality. I wouldn't mind Augustinsson starting either, but I think Friedl deserves it for his recent performances, so I'm happy for him. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Moisander is a fucking idiot. 

An extremely stupid and unnecessary challenge. He will now miss the return leg, where Werder will need to defend at their best. I expected much more from such an experienced player like Mosiander.

Kudos to Heidenheim, I've never seen them but they have some fight in them and played well against Bremen.

Still hope Bremen are able to win the second leg and remain in the Bundesliga.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived