Reverse Fixture
Leicester 2-1 Everton

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think this’ll be 1-0 to Everton

Probably agree with that. We'll inevitably kack ourselves as well.

My god I'd kill for us to just show something like earlier in the season. Remember the first half at their place in the cup when we went 0-2 up, that seems such a farcry from what we're serving up nowadays.

Really do get fed up of these runs we go on. Every single manager seems to follow the same pattern but with different timescales.

• Subscriber

Its definitely close looking at both teams current form. Our strength is in our organisation right now. I can see us keeping a clean sheet but Vardy and arguably Maddison have that quality of being able to create a goal out of nothing even against a well organised defence. We've looked very poor going forward though and Davies and Gomes have been weak in driving us forward in games or creating chances. Iwobi is a real threat when we get on the front foot but Chilwell is decent going forward so I dont know if he'll get the same freedom as he did at Norwich. We have our own match winner in Richarlison and sort of Calvert-Lewin.

I'll be disappointed if we lose, not surprised if we win and pretty surprised if either side scores more than 1 goal. Still backing a draw I think but a win, even if it's a shit 1-0 would give us 7 points from 3 games and put us right back in the conversation about the minor European spots.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Its definitely close looking at both teams current form. Our strength is in our organisation right now. I can see us keeping a clean sheet but Vardy and arguably Maddison have that quality of being able to create a goal out of nothing even against a well organised defence. We've looked very poor going forward though and Davies and Gomes have been weak in driving us forward in games or creating chances. Iwobi is a real threat when we get on the front foot but Chilwell is decent going forward so I dont know if he'll get the same freedom as he did at Norwich. We have our own match winner in Richarlison and sort of Calvert-Lewin.

I'll be disappointed if we lose, not surprised if we win and pretty surprised if either side scores more than 1 goal. Still backing a draw I think but a win, even if it's a shit 1-0 would give us 7 points from 3 games and put us right back in the conversation about the minor European spots.

Maddison probably won't play.

Can see Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison doing well and scoring. Even organisationally and tactically we're usually strong - not seen much of that since the restart. 

• Subscriber

Defence hasn't really been the problem save for the odd error, it's just the flatness of our attacking - people are calling it Puelball but I'm starting to think the players are getting away with it a bit much.

• Administrator

4 3 3 again. 

No Maddison sadly but let's hope first few games were us just getting back in to the flow of things again and we can click. Albrighton in for Perez. Need some performances from a lot of players. 

• Subscriber

Harsh penalty? When Alli did exactly that but more obviously earlier this season the FA came out with some shite about how he couldn't control his hands because he was challenging for an aerial ball.

Harsh on Leicester but we're well overdue a bit of help from VAR.

Lovely start. Don't fuck this up.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Stan said:

@Dan xD

You just knew it didn't you.

There's no way we get that though. You only have to look at the ones we haven't had this year.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Leicester are without a doubt finishing outside top 4. 

I think it all depends on Spurs now whether we come 6th or 7th. Burnley will catch us at this rate.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

You just knew it didn't you.

There's no way we get that though. You only have to look at the ones we haven't had this year.

We've genuinely had 4-5 more nailed on penalties not given this season than that one.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

We've genuinely had 4-5 more nailed on penalties not given this season than that one.

If that's a penalty (which I'd err on the side of it being one) then we should've had about 6 in the last few months that we didn't get.

It's not even discrete how corrupt it is to be honest. I'm so resigned to it being rigged that I can't even get angry. Just depressing that it's happened over here now.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think it all depends on Spurs now whether we come 6th or 7th. Burnley will catch us at this rate.

Were you lot showing signs of slowing down? Or have you been affected by the restart?

The lack of depth is murdering you.

Just now, Cicero said:

Were you lot showing signs of slowing down? Or have you been affect by the restart?

They looked pretty poor just before the COVID break, tbh.

I wonder if Rodgers has hit the same wall he hit with us... without even losing his talisman striker this time.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Were you lot showing signs of slowing down? Or have you been affected by the restart?

The lack of depth is murdering you.

Both - we've come back even worse from it than we were beforehand. Look at our form since Norwich at home in December. It's bottom half stuff.

Too much to go into mid game but it's just abject. This season is turning into a nightmare.

• The title was changed to Everton 2-1 Leicester - Wednesday 1st July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived