talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hull City Relegated To The Championship; Slutsky set to take over

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Silva stays I think they've got a good chance of bouncing straight back. He did a decent job with very limited investment, that result against Sunderland last week was the killer blow.

If he goes, I think they'll struggle. 

Silva won't stay, he'd be mad to.

Until we sort ourselves out properly I hope we don't come back up, we've had our go three times in the past 10 seasons and haven't managed to sustain ourselves, this being the most pointless excursion in the top flight. Give another club a go. We fully deserved to be relegated, there was a brief flicker of hope but losing home and away to Sunderland is unforgivable. I don't think there was much between us and Swansea, but they won games when it really mattered and we completely caved in, unable to cope with a pressure we never expected to have.

• Subscriber

I think neither Hull or Sunderland will come close to bouncing. Middlesbrough possibly but I think this is the least threatening relegated trio on a while. Teams like Villa, Norwich and Derby will be licking their lips.

On 5/14/2017 at 5:24 PM, Dan said:

I think neither Hull or Sunderland will come close to bouncing. Middlesbrough possibly but I think this is the least threatening relegated trio on a while. Teams like Villa, Norwich and Derby will be licking their lips.

Don't worry, their lips will fall off by December.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Don't worry, their lips will fall off by December.

Depends what mood Mr Candy Crush is in this time around.

Can see Rowett turning Derby into a consistent threat, he's a good choice for them and I can't see him letting them slack off and fade away as they have done in the past.

I think Villa will win it.

I don't think Silva staying actually guarantees them a good chance of coming back up. We've seen a short period of time from him, they've looked impressive but you'd imagine the more impressive performers will all be moving on, and attracting those kinds of players in the lower leagues isn't as easy. 

I think he'll leave anyway, his stock is high at the moment and that will probably see him get another prem job when one club panics or a decent profile job abroad. It'd be interesting if he did stay though, they were very good at home, rape from Spurs aside.

I always like Sam Clucas when I see him. 

• 3 weeks later...

That would probably be a good appointment for a Championship side, he has decent pedigree. Always a risk appointing a manager in the Championship who's never managed in that league before though.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

@The Artful Dodger

How has Ola Aina been for you lot so far? 

Alright, very difficult to play in a struggling team and look anything more than that. Started brightly but has dipped, like most of the team, slutsky tried to blame Nigeria but too much pressure for a 21 year old really. He’ll play every game though; Odubajo is seemingly dead.

Archived