talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheff Utd 3-1 Tottenham - Thursday 2nd July, 2020

football forum

4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Well it's been 4 years since it's implementation in football and it's just as bad as it was when it got introduced.

The "give it time" excuse is no longer effective I'm afraid. The problem stems from the fact humans need to use it.

The problem stems from executives thinking it costs too much to properly test everything and work out the kinks before rolling it out on the biggest stages.

FIFA, UEFA, and the other conferences don’t want to pay smaller leagues the money to give them the cameras set up to test it out before rolling it out in the big leagues and international tournaments people care about.

Humans are the problem in that we don’t demand referees be more competent and the decision makers at FIFA/UEFA are greedy and lazy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The problem stems from executives thinking it costs too much to properly test everything and work out the kinks before rolling it out on the biggest stages.

FIFA, UEFA, and the other conferences don’t want to pay smaller leagues the money to give them the cameras set up to test it out before rolling it out in the big leagues and international tournaments people care about.

Humans are the problem in that we don’t demand referees be more competent and the decision makers at FIFA/UEFA are greedy and lazy.

I think humans are incompetent and ignorant in general, especially the ones who get their jobs via influence. Each to their own though.

VAR has proven to me that it will never work and should be removed from all competitions. Just killing the sport for many.

• Subscriber

It’s hard to complain too much honestly because we are dire and the manager needs to retire.

They had three chances really, our defending for all of them was abysmal.

We still have excellent  players in a lot of areas but they stand no chance under this manager and honestly we stand no chance under this chairman. 

Lucas Moura has to be the most overrated player I’ve ever seen off the back of one (incredible) hat trick. He’s an impact sub at best. Bergwijn Kane Son should be our front three every single game. Lo Celso should be playing 10. Wasted when he’s spending half his time having to defend. 

Sanchez just doesn’t seem to be improving. Aurier not got enough. Don’t have a competent holding midfielder. 

I hate watching this team.

For the first time for the good of his career I think Kane should go. We are not good enough for him. And when you have to get rid of a club legend that loves the club and doesn’t really ever want to leave it’s the death of the club as you know it.

Ah well.

ps. Whatever I’ve said above VAR stilla shocker. First for the goal but also not sending Norwood off for a blatant arm to sons face - even after being on a booking 

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, 6666 said:

As for Tottenham, Pochettino definitely was on a downward spiral with them and they definitely needed some time apart from each other but Tottenham should probably bring Pochettino back now. Hope they don't.

100%

10 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I think humans are incompetent and ignorant in general, especially the ones who get their jobs via influence. Each to their own though.

VAR has proven to me that it will never work and should be removed from all competitions. Just killing the sport for many.

So why is it better to have an incompetent and ignorant 'human' to referee a football game when for years they have failed to do it properly? 

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

So why is it better to have an incompetent and ignorant 'human' to referee a football game when for years they have failed to do it properly? 

Because the game flows better.

The situation has barely changed really, just that the game is difficult to watch from a spectator view.

10 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Because the game flows better.

The situation has barely changed really, just that the game is difficult to watch from a spectator view.

Does it really make that much of a difference to the flow? There are plenty of stoppages in football as it is, and you only get a handful of reviews at most per game. Only issue I've really come across is the live viewership, which again is more to do with the implementation. 

15 minutes ago, Storts said:

100%

You reckon he would do it? I suppose he would gain a lot more leverage over Levy this time, although I'm sure there is a few in your squad who were pretty done with him at the end? Would be the best thing to do but the severance pay out on Mourinho is going to be massive. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

You reckon he would do it? I suppose he would gain a lot more leverage over Levy this time, although I'm sure there is a few in your squad who were pretty done with him at the end? Would be the best thing to do but the severance pay out on Mourinho is going to be massive. 

Of course he would. He loves us. 

But yeah some in the squad were finished with his methods and would have to go, and would need to be allowed his own rebuild. 

No chance though. José here to stay on his 15 mill a season 

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Does it really make that much of a difference to the flow? There are plenty of stoppages in football as it is, and you only get a handful of reviews at most per game. Only issue I've really come across is the live viewership, which again is more to do with the implementation. 

It can. It won't always do so, but it can.

I know this is a cliche answer, but it is true regarding goal celebrations. Can't really properly celebrating without VAR noticing your armpit being offside or something, which wouldn't ever be spotted in normal situations. Admittedly some of it is down to faulty rules that we hadn't noticed prior, but unless that changes, VAR will be what notices, and that slows the pace of the game. 

Also keep in mind the most boring games are the ones that tend to have a lot of stops (this being without VAR) which were few and far between.

9 minutes ago, Storts said:

Of course he would. He loves us. 

But yeah some in the squad were finished with his methods and would have to go, and would need to be allowed his own rebuild. 

No chance though. José here to stay on his 15 mill a season 

Fair, yeah its incredible how this team has just fallen off a cliff this season, although there were a few signs of it last year. Unfortunately you seem to have done what Arsenal did in Wenger's final season, you doubled down on this squad in hope it could be turned around. When in actual fact a bit of a reboot would've been a far smarter move. Now your potentially stuck in shite for at least a few years. 

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, DNA said:

Excellent today, there was VAR controversy the last time we played Spurs which went against us, so swings and roundabouts. 

Yeah, that was nonsense too. I agree. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Fair, yeah its incredible how this team has just fallen off a cliff this season, although there were a few signs of it last year. Unfortunately you seem to have done what Arsenal did in Wenger's final season, you doubled down on this squad in hope it could be turned around. When in actual fact a bit of a reboot would've been a far smarter move. Now your potentially stuck in shite for at least a few years. 

Exactly yeah. Poch warned of this too. We stood still when we needed to add a couple to win the league. Poch said there was going to need to be a painful rebuild but was ignored. That man deserved all the time and money to do what he needed to do and levy messed him around. Same as he did to redknapp before

Archived