talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheff Utd 3-1 Tottenham - Thursday 2nd July, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 18.00

Live on Sky Sports

220px-Sheffield_United_FC_logo.svg.png      VS      e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg

Head to Head
Sheff Utd - 28
Draws - 27
Tottenham - 36

Reverse Fixture
Tottenham 1-1 Sheff Utd

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
29 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Idk why but I’m thinking Spurs come away with 3 points here

Yes I agree. Sheff Utd have been poor since restart. Look okay today, mind. 

• Subscriber

Just remember that the referee's union will meet up and discuss decisions like that one and the Soucek disallowed goal yesterday and convince themselves that somehow justice has been done and a prominent former referee will come on BT or Sky tomorrow and explain to us how that's always been the rule and we just don't understand the rules well enough and "as you can clearly see wibble wibble wibble leaving the referee no other option wibble wibble wibble arrived at the correct decision wibble wibble wibble 97% correct decisions since the technology was introduced".

Every football fan up and down the country can see these decisions aren't making games more fair and that's all that matters. PGMOL need the equivalent of Supernanny to come in and get them to sort their shit out. While I accept they get a lot of unfair criticism at times and don't want to be undermined further, they've reached a point now where they just double down on everything and seem to think if they admit they get the odd thing wrong instead of maintaining this false aura of infallibility then players will soon be allowed to knock them out on the pitch with impunity. What are they so scared of that they can't admit some of these decisions are unfairly altering results?

55 minutes ago, Storts said:

VAR has ruined football as a spectator spot. Can’t celebrate any goal any more. 

That pathetic handball rule that’s come with it too. 

Said it from day one mate. Its criminal what VAR has done to the game. 

Anyway, when is Mourinho getting sacked? He's done, dusted as a top tier manager.

57 minutes ago, Storts said:

VAR has ruined football as a spectator spot. Can’t celebrate any goal any more. 

That pathetic handball rule that’s come with it too. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Said it from day one mate. Its criminal what VAR has done to the game. 

Anyway, when is Mourinho getting sacked? He's done, dusted as a top tier manager.

Said this on Twitter, but when I watched the Club World Cup in 2016, I knew immediately that this would fail. I thought that would be a common opinion but then I saw people defending it. Unbelievable really, I was shocked and disgusted to find that out.

It's been 4 years and people still say "gIvE iT tImE". Hilarious.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Unbelievable really, I was shocked and disgusted to find that out.

'shocked and disgusted'.

Calm down xD

• The title was changed to Sheff Utd (McBurnie, 84") 3-0 Tottenham - Thursday 2nd July, 2020
Just now, Stan said:

'shocked and disgusted'.

Calm down xD

I prefer a tainted sport and daisy's like Neymar 1000 times over an artificial sport with celebrating being guesswork. 

VAR was never going to work and the fact people defended it was saddening. Almost like they wanted to see the sport die.

• Administrator
Just now, Mpache said:

I prefer a tainted sport and daisy's like Neymar 1000 times over an artificial sport with celebrating being guesswork. 

VAR was never going to work and the fact people defended it was saddening. Almost like they wanted to see the sport die.

Hardly. Bit much to say you were shocked and disgusted at people with a difference in opinion.

Just now, Stan said:

Hardly. Bit much to say you were shocked and disgusted at people with a difference in opinion.

Opinions are fine but not when it could negatively impact the sport. I care about football and that's why I don't tolerate those who defend it.

• Subscriber

Again, it's not the technology, it's the handling of its implementation by people who have been getting away with doing their admittedly very difficult jobs to a mediocre standard having only been held properly to account by their current or former colleagues for as long as I can remember.

I still haven't completely flushed down the toilet my conspiracy theory that they don't want more technology in the game as it exposes their on pitch errors so they're deliberately making a complete farce of VAR so that it gets taken away after a season or two and they don't have to worry about it for a decade.

Just now, Mpache said:

Opinions are fine but not when it could negatively impact the sport. I care about football and that's why I don't tolerate those who defend it.

You don't tolerate people with a different opinoin than yours?

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Again, it's not the technology, it's the handling of its implementation by people who have been getting away with doing their admittedly very difficult jobs to a mediocre standard having only been held properly to account by their current or former colleagues for as long as I can remember.

I still haven't completely flushed down the toilet my conspiracy theory that they don't want more technology in the game as it exposes their on pitch errors so they're deliberately making a complete farce of VAR so that it gets taken away after a season or two and they don't have to worry about it for a decade.

The concept of VAR is like communism. Great in theory, terrible in practice. And it will always be that way if there's a human in charge.  It's a shame but it doesn't really change much unless it's an AI making the decisions, and I don't think we're that far into the future unfortunately.

• The title was changed to Sheff Utd 3-1 Tottenham - Thursday 2nd July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived