Man City - 46
Draws - 48
Liverpool - 90

Reverse Fixture
Liverpool 3-1 Man City

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me wants us to send out our strongest XI and try to get the better of them going toe to toe with them.

The other part of me wants us to use backup players and kids to make the guard of honour more annoying for them.

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Part of me wants us to send out our strongest XI and try to get the better of them going toe to toe with them.

The other part of me wants us to use backup players and kids to make the guard of honour more annoying for them.

I doubt Man City will be that bothered by that latter point. Klopp is hopefully professional enough (given the records on offer) to send out a strong team. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I doubt Man City will be that bothered by that latter point. Klopp is hopefully professional enough (given the records on offer) to send out a strong team. 

Idk one of the members of Man City was bothered by one of our defenders being on the winning side of a league match last season and reportedly tried to put a player that’s almost twice his size in a headlock and scratched his face.

If losing a match hurt his feelings, losing a league probably cuts deeper.

Also nobody gave a shit when Alex Ferguson did that to Terry & Lampard, even though I think it’s a pretty funny way of trolling title rivals.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I think we have a lot of fixture congestion coming up, but this rivalry has a tendency to serve up good games. People could really use a good game right now

We have a lot of fixture to play in a short time, and we should absolutely be seeing major rotations to give other players a chance and keep players fit.....but not this game. This one right after the league win needs to be the same 11 as against palace. 

Play the first team in this and then let's see the likes of our youngsters such as Jones, Hoever, Williams, Elliot get a decent run out in the remaining fixtures. Will also be a good chance to see Kieta given a prolonged spell. 

I know some want records broken so will want to see full strength nearly every game but I personally think that giving our most promising youngsters a run of games will be much more beneficial in the long run, especially with us apparently not signing anyone this transfer window. 

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Play the first team in this and then let's see the likes of our youngsters such as Jones, Hoever, Williams, Elliot get a decent run out in the remaining fixtures. Will also be a good chance to see Kieta given a prolonged spell. 

I know some want records broken so will want to see full strength nearly every game but I personally think that giving our most promising youngsters a run of games will be much more beneficial in the long run, especially with us apparently not signing anyone this transfer window. 

I think you can do both. Starting one or two kids with the usual first eleven is the most ideal situation. A more even mix of both is not necessarily always beneficial for the youngsters. 

Anthony Taylor referee for this. I swear he gets one of the Manchester clubs every other weekxD

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I think you can do both. Starting one or two kids with the usual first eleven is the most ideal situation. A more even mix of both is not necessarily always beneficial for the youngsters. 

Anthony Taylor referee for this. I swear he gets one of the Manchester clubs every other weekxD

Yeah i didn't mean start them all in every game, like you say, spread the games out between them all. Going full strength in all our remaining games doesn't really benefit us at all apart from maybe setting some new records which I'm not really that bothered about to be honest. Would much rather see how the young lads can integrate into the first team. 

If however we can do that AND set records then that would be great 👍 

• Administrator

Surprised @DeadLinesman's favourite player starts over both Silva's. 

Can see Mendy being quite clumsy or pressured having to face Salah and/or TAA. 

Another different defensive partnership too, for City? Garcia and Laporte?

Fancy Liverpool here. 3-1.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

That guard of honour... ¬¬

What happened? Missed the start of this.

Hoping it was all civil and respectful...

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

What happened? Missed the start of this.

Hoping it was all civil and respectful...

It was a pathetic excuse for a guard of honour. Very underwhelming. They broke it off before the whole Liverpool team had come through too.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Pyfish said:

It was a pathetic excuse for a guard of honour. Very underwhelming. They broke it off before the whole Liverpool team had come through too.

That's disappointing. Thought Man City had a little bit of class about them.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think that should be a penalty.

Gomez is holding him. Sterling makes a meal of it. Gomez gave the referee a choice to be made. Should have let go earlier as Neville said.

Good penalty from De Bruyne.

• The title was changed to Man City 4-0 Liverpool - Thursday 2nd July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived